Ban KSer's without needing a Warning.

Gary McNabb

KS Reports  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should KS Reports need a Warning?

• Yes, warnings give players a chance.
    • No, warnings give cheaters an excuse.

Currently, to report someone for Kill Stealing, you need to prove you warned them to stop first.

http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php/forum-14/announcement-10-server-and-forum-rules/#a7

However, a few people have suggested that this is wrong because of the following reasons:

- Spot Claiming (pretty much the opposite of KSing) doesn't need a warning

- People are abusing the warning system to KS on purpose

- Kill Stealing is in the rules, and as I have stated previously, the rules are your first and only warning.

While usually I'd make a summary decision on the spot, I think this is an important enough change to need user input as well.

So tell me, is the Warning system a fair and forgiving solution, or is it just another excuse for Rule Breakers to abuse?

• Upvote 2

well for me giving warning should be given.. because base on my experience there are also some players who ask for apology when i gave them warning.. giving warning could also give way to make buddies or friends ingame..

I disagree,I'm tired to make a mob and a "wild Kser's appeared it used KS its super effective" and I say "Hey, stop with it, I'll get a Screen" every time...and what can I do? nothing, because next time will be another person...and "there are also some players who ask for apology when i gave them warning" is something like "Oh, I killed a person, sorry I wont do it again" have you ever thought about the humankind adopted this policy in society? a half of the world will be murdered

I disagree,I'm tired to make a mob and a "wild Kser's appeared it used KS its super effective" and I say "Hey, stop with it, I'll get a Screen" every time...and what can I do? nothing, because next time will be another person...and "there are also some players who ask for apology when i gave them warning" is something like "Oh, I killed a person, sorry I wont do it again" have you ever thought about the humankind adopted this policy in society? a half of the world will be murdered

not all people like that..

learn to forgive someone dude..

Mh, I do not agree (by the way, the second option in the poll makes it look like we can't disagree).

I think warnings are important when it comes to kill-stealing reports; it shows the player is at least trying to make the offender stop.

If people won't need warnings anymore, it will be even easier to make fake reports.

Follow the person you want to be banned, attack their monsters, and spam your F12 key.

In my opinion, the warnings rule should be kept, but people would not be allowed to censor their names in kill-stealing reports anymore.

Lying to us would come with a nice price.

Also, I don't even see any problems with the fact that spot-claiming reports doesn't need any warnings, and kill-stealing reports does.

They're two different things. Sure, they're both selfish, but for some reason... I see spot-claimers in another way.

not all people like that..

learn to forgive someone dude..

ok, I forgive if the person did it without bad faith, like when you are lvling up with a party, you see a mob and kill, but who is mobing it isn't you mobber you say "hey sry dude. I thought that was my mobber" but...you're mobbing 10 pirate and you get stuned and came a character "BUM!!!" kill them all, leave without say anything apologize

Mh, I do not agree (by the way, the second option in the poll makes it look like we can't disagree).

I think warnings are important when it comes to kill-stealing reports; it shows the player is at least trying to make the offender stop.

If people won't need warnings anymore, it will be even easier to make fake reports.

Follow the person you want to be banned, attack their monsters, and spam your F12 key.

In my opinion, the warnings rule should be kept, but people would not be allowed to censor their names in kill-stealing reports anymore.

Lying to us would come with a nice price.

Also, I don't even see any problems with the fact that spot-claiming reports doesn't need any warnings, and kill-stealing reports does.

They're two different things. Sure, they're both selfish, but for some reason... I see spot-claimers in another way.

yeah make a new rules..cant hide self nick in screenshoot proof..i thing people hidding their nickname because of something bad..

ok, I forgive if the person did it without bad faith, like when you are lvling up with a party, you see a mob and kill, but who is mobing it isn't you mobber you say "hey sry dude. I thought that was my mobber" but...you're mobbing 10 pirate and you get stuned and came a character "BUM!!!" kill them all, leave without say anything apologize

hei2 forgiving someone is no need an apologize..thats from your heart..

sorry double post..forgot that im just post before lol

when someone KS me, I let them... because the monsters will always respawn...

except if they KS before my Friends... s/he it's my friend and someone even dare to KS us...

anyway... report KSer without warning it's not good idea too, someone can lying to you with proof, "hey look, that person KS my mobs"... but actually that person are KSed by him/her... how about that?

Against Warnings:

You guys realize you can fake a warning too right? Easily.

If someone is desperate enough to frame another player, the warning system isn't going to stop them.

For Warnings:

Sometimes KS's are caused by the game itself.

I know it's happened to me before, I play a mage-type with my graphics set to low.

I don't see the other players until they fade into view and my attacks are ranged.

Do you see the problem with that?

Against Warnings:

You guys realize you can fake a warning too right? Easily.

If someone is desperate enough to frame another player, the warning system isn't going to stop them.

yeah so what about second warning system?? :D

For Warnings:

I know it's happened to me before, I play a mage-type with my graphics set to low.

I don't see the other players until they fade into view and my attacks are ranged.

yeah thats why we need to give a warning purpose or not in purpose

yeah make a new rules..cant hide self nick in screenshoot proof..i thing people hidding their nickname because of something bad..

No, I only meant that for the kill-stealing reports, as it's fairly easy to make fake ones.

And sure, it can look a bit suspicious sometimes, but our players should be able to stay anonymous; just not in those type of reports.

They wouldn't dare lying.

For Warnings:

Another reason to keep the warning rule.

I won't care if we'll keep it or not, but like I've said, people shouldn't be able to censor their screenshots,

no matter what will be the choice.

Its Already Bin suggest to development that once u hit a monster no matter who kill it u get all drops all money and all exp so hopefully we will see that happen soon, Attacking your mob while your gathering can be reported with no warning if the first part i said is implemented, but if your in party it will operate normal drops will be spread evenly and so will money and exp.

for the first part u have to be in the map to receive them and if sumone leaves a monster half healthed and just leaves the area he can be reported for that also :P

well for me giving warning should be given.. because base on my experience there are also some players who ask for apology when i gave them warning.. giving warning could also give way to make buddies or friends ingame..

+1, i'd reported KS in forum then i deleted it before he get judge from GM cause i thought i've forgiven him..

(i still have the SSs)