Stalked by Beggars q-q

Jonah

even they say "kk" it doesn't mean they want ur money dude, maybe they want asking about something(not money of course), party with u or DD, except they type some words like "GOLD" or "MONEY", if that happen just ignore them, change chanel, use stealth, or talk with them use another language like japan or rusian....

but i just want to take this note to indo's (no offense):

Howdy dear indonesian friends...

i just want you to inform that not all celestialuna players are indo's. it would be better if you talk english first, then ask the person if he's indo, or whatsoever before you speak using your native language. Thats all. Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely yours,

KamoteTops

but i just want to take this note to indo's (no offense):

Howdy dear indonesian friends...

i just want you to inform that not all celestialuna players are indo's. it would be better if you talk english first, then ask the person if he's indo, or whatsoever before you speak using your native language. Thats all. Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely yours,

KamoteTops

oh wow, why don't u just say " i'm not indo " to them ??? it'll solve ur prob mr.great

• Downvote 1

It's common courtesy to speak the server's official language (in this case, English) to strangers whenever possible in order to avoid confusion. This is especially important on a server where there are large chunks of the player base speaking different languages.

This is similar to why there is a no non-English shout' rule; firstly so that all of the GMs can understand what is said, and secondly because the majority of players understand English.

@-green-: It's plain to see that you're unimpressed with KamoteTops' post, but the request is perfectly reasonable. Say, hypothetically, you were on a server where the official language is Indonesian. Then, the server somehow becomes very popular with a Slovene-speaking community, and every visit to Alker/Nera/wherever you are spammed with 'zlato' (gold, according to google translate). A few times is inconsequential, but it becomes tiresome when it is pretty much every visit to a populated area.

Personally, for ages I thought people were asking me if I was built for crowd control, or maybe typo'd 'DD' when they were spamming me with 'cc' until someone slashed it cc/sister. In fact, that would be a nice compromise; slash an English greeting alongside your own, see how the player responds and go from there.

On Topic: When I had first started here (like, using a +7 Wizardly Wand at 105+ because I was just that poor), people were always asking me for cash. It's less frequent now that I could actually afford it...

indeed, but the point is, the indonesian people couldn't tell the others everytime, cz they have their own bussiness, and if u wanna know, most of the Indonesian player are under 17 y.o , and i'm sure that they're not good in English,

and why i told to kamote that he could tell them to speak English or say that he wasn't an indonesian ? first, it would solve his problem, and the second is, it would be helpful so the burglar would know if he's not indonesian, so they'll use English.

it's better to do something begin from yourself, isn't it ?

oh one last thing, why kamote just made that note for an indonesian people ? i saw many people from italy, france, pinoy, etc, and yes, they didn't use English, and i've never complaining about that and just tell them, "English pls"

that's all, i'm still wondering how could this be a huge and main problem when u could solve it by yourself, thx

You're missing the point; yes, once or twice you can correct them and move on, but when it's every time you're near other players, it becomes tedious. Their age shouldn't come into it either. If people are on an English-speaking server, they should at least be capable of communicating in basic English so that they can make themselves understood with GMs and players alike. I've had numerous trades go straight down the drain because the other party couldn't understand that I was offering them a discount

As for 'focusing' on Indonesian language, maybe that's what KamoteTops comes across most. Perhaps, he sees Indo and Pinoy equally, but because of the language barrier, he assumes it's all Indo because, hey, what does it matter? Two languages that someone doesn't understand might well be that same for all that person knows. I'm sure he's not singling Indos out purposefully, but more using it as an umbrella term in reference to all foreign languages.

Also: сестра! пари моля!

• 2 weeks later...

Some people don't even understand english so even if you say "I'm not indo" or whatsoever, some will not understand, they will most likely tell you to talk to them using their native language so it's best to ignore them I think since when I do this, people will just go away and find another. ;)

@green: easy for you to say Dude because you can speak and understand English well. but considering the fact that there are some players “commonly” indo, having a hard time understanding English.. I dont humiliate indo ’s .. I just used them as an example because I do encounter lots of indo more often every day in my CL life . and please do read carefully, I said “no offense” with full of respect. thanks (: