Datacenter Maintenance on Mar 19th

Brandon

• Founder

Hello, everyone.

We will be physically moving all our hardware from the old datacenter into a new one. This move will improve some power stability issues we have been having.

I will post a few quotes from our provider:

As you might have heard, our new data center is now online! We have already started moving our clients to the new facility and would like to organize with you the move of your servers, as we need to have your equipment moved out before the 25th of March 2013. Rest assured that this is only a physical move, your IPs and networking configuration will remain the same.
The entire desire for us to build and operate our own datacenter is because of the same problems you've mentioned when it came to electricity. We've had enough and have invested a lot to get it done and done right. We're committed to providing our clients the best datacenter and all that entails. Better still, we can completely take care of the move and can have downtime lasting less than an hour. We've done it for many clients so far and have gotten really good at it. Just let us know the date and time window you prefer to have it done.

We have scheduled to be moved on March 19th, at 10 AM server time. The downtime should only last around 2-3 hours, but may last longer.

Update 1: The datacenter is having slight delays due to blizzards, downtime will be extended. This is out of my hands, blame the weather.

Update 2: The move continues to be delayed, we were promised 1 hour of downtime, but due to the datacenter being slow things are still offline. I apologize for the delay but it's out of our hands.

Update 3: The physical part of the move is complete, but the network still remains offline. I am working with the techs to get things onine, but the issue is still on their end and out of my hands.

Update 4: The network issues have been resolving and I am brining the server back online now. I will post a reply to this topic once everything is complete.

That is all for now.

~ Celestia Luna Staff

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 3

• Founder

The server is back online. I apologize for the extended downtime but there were many issues out of my hands.

All of our hardware is moved into the new datacenter and this should help with any power issues we've been having.

I'd also like to mention we are working hard on an update for the client and server, it still needs quite a bit of work and testing but I promise it will be worth the wait.

I appreciate everyone's patience with this downtime and the lack of updates in general. I highly suggest if you have a specific thing you would like to see worked on first to let us know on the forum, we will listen to the community and focus on what everyone wants the most.

That is all for now.

~ Celestia Luna Staff

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1