SM/Destroyer/Magnus

ridge777

Question

SM is not the best for Duel or GvG at 105 when using duel swords if that is your goal. There P.Def is pretty much poop, along with there critical & evasion. also low. It is overall weak unless you have top gears at 105, Or you are level 120+. There gears are a little bit more expensive because you need 2 swords over 1. Not to mention you have bad AoE's that will make leveling at 105+ difficult unless you consider not using duel wield until you are 115/120+. You will also have to focus on keeping your P.def decent, or you will get 1-Hit-KO a lot.

Quick Cons: Weak until 115, Can not immediately PVP on Job Change, Expensive, Low P.def, Low HP, Slightly complicated (advanced class).

Quick Pros: Quick attacks, VIT equips are more abundant, lvl 125+ becomes okay for PVP or even great..

I rank SM #4.

Out of top 5.

Destroyer is an all round great starter and advanced class, fun for Duel & GvG. Some of its pros include easy to operate/control, pretty straight forward, cheap (sorta) gears. They have very fast stuns, and high damage. They also have really great critical (if using axe) and strike. Cons I would say if you fight a character with very high P.def or very very high Block Rate, you are screwed. Or if you get stun locked, and the other player has high/decent Pttck youre finished.

Quick Cons: Sucks facing block rate characters, Moderate P.def.

Quick Pros: Inexpensive, Easy to use, Str / Pttck EQ are expensive and rare, High pttck, good stuns, Very easy to level, Can jump into PVP at 105.

I would rank Destroyer at #2

Out of top 5.

~All in my personal opinion.

And my #1 PVP character is Paladin.

I am sure someone will disagree though; Its all about personal preference. We all have our favorites, its decided by our play style or what we are most comfortable with. I am sure other people have more to say on Destroyer & SM.

I would really prefer Sword Destroyer which Pwns! If you'll go for destro then go full dex. And see how you kill kill tankers very easily..

mage tankers perhaps, yes....

and for paladin build, go either str or vit for stats...

and str vit for philos.. (try to get 30 point stats philo combined in one item)

get crits from slime, cape, , weapons rein and tinker. (this would suffice).

Destroyers are not good at PVE or PVP compared to Paladin.

False. Although Paladins are the toughest fighters for Destros and other powerhouses to break, Destroyers have the stun factor. Fearful Blow is the equivalant of RI (with a smaller stun chance).

Human Paladin: Capable of soloing PVE (mobbing and killing at a decent speed). Lacking Rune Impact, it comes in at second place compared to the Elf Paladin for PVP. Human Paladin's spammable stun will have to be Blunt Shield (which is an infinant stun that lasts longer then all other stuns).

Elf Paladin: Higher defenses compared to Human Paladin, but has a hard time killing the mobs it collects without a partner. Even if you wanted to solo as an elf paladin with tanking abilities, it will be timeconsuming. Its great in pvp, but with low physical attack, it may be left open to any stuns. Elf paladins also have access to Blunt shield, but usually aren't seen using it due to its slower attack speed.

Paladin's common weakness: Stuns, DoT, Magic, Silence Rune (effective on elf paladins, which can nullify Rune Impact).

Destroyers: Having arguably the best damage in Luna Online (the 2nd highest would have to be the Blade Taker or Arch Ranger), may be able to overpower a paladin with a lucky, unblocked critical hit. A delayed Fearful Blow that connects (assuming Rune Impact was used at the same time) and stuns will leave the Paladin exposed to Despair, and the Burning Crash spam/infinant stuns. Assuming that its literally only Destro vs Pally, Destroyers can actually survive a hit or 2 from a paladin, giving them the chance to attack.

Destroyer's common weakness: Critical hits from most physical attacking classes, ranged combat against mages or Arch Rangers, squishy defenses.

• Upvote 1

False.

Its a debate then.

[Always Elf Paladin]

Elf paladin has fine Physical Attack.

Only weakness is Silence. But even when silenced Paladin has high Physical Attack on top of great Physical Defense so It can still kill easily. [RI catches faster than Silence its a 50/50] And if a Paladin stun's you, Its pretty much over. [stun lock]

RI has Range, so it will always hit a Destroyer before they can stun. Fearful Blow has no range to RI And less stun chance. RI trumps it easily.

Destroyer has really weak physical defense thus they die very easily once stunned.

Paladin would not have that problem.

Elf Paladin's have really high HP, DoT's are not a problem if we dispatch our enemy quick enough. [Takes 1-2 hits]. Or 1

single RI.

When it comes down to it. Paladin will always trump a Destroyer if the players know what they are doing and are equal level. 

~Not to mention we have Invulnerable [Negate all damage for 12 seconds] and that other bubble Shield~

• Game Master

Not necessarily. I have over 7k pdef and 30k HP on my Paladin, but only 5k patk. If I can stun someone, I can kill them, no problem. But since Paladin has no AoE stuns, if someone else were to come along with DOTS or really high crits, I die in just a few hits. Cause you only block regular hits, not crits (and I don't do that much damage, I can't 1-hit people).

True.

Our dis-advantage could be getting over whelmed.

, But it only takes 2 seconds to cast Invulnerable which gives us 12 seconds to dispatch the first enemy while casting RI on the new enemy.

I say once it becomes a situation where it is 1 vs 3 war. Then Paladin will flunk.

Since Destroyer has AoE Stun it would be a prime situation.

@Sera What is your build? So much HP. 

My Paladin [Edits aside] has 6k ptck, 16k HP and 8k P.def

Is that without buffs stats?

Clise, I think you use PD items

so don't get the people to know that with simple items you can get that high Patk on paladin.

Because my old guildmate's paladin use PD items

and got like 11kPatk and 12kpdeff with buffs

and like 50khp

a destroyer can get 12k patk for simple good philo items but their pdeff is low.

Hence, elf paladin really need tough expensive items in order to meet your stats.

Unless you want to show your items and stats to everyone how you got that.

Clise, I know you use PD items

so don't get the people to know that with simple items you can get that high Patk on paladin.

Because my old guildmate's paladin use PD items

and got like 11kPatk and 12kpdeff with buffs

and like 50khp

a destroyer can get 12k patk for simple good philo items but their pdeff is low.

@Rham

It is only common sense that I am speaking of my character without edits. 

^ Common Sense is Rule #1

My stats posted there are without edits only with Regular items.

Its no secret I use PD items. In actuality I rarely use them . Thanks for posting something un-necessary though.

In the future Please stay on topic. 

Good Edit btw. 

You don't need to put sarcastic common sense out there dude.

And I just realize you don't use Edit items because your HP is low

and my guildmate is like only level 105 when I saw that.

;)

well,

I still hold my stand,

elf paladin can't gain high Patk without good equips ^^.

I really love how you criticize me.

Btw, my post is still connected to the topic.

You don't need to lecture me.

For the record. I never post anything about you. I never say anything against you or about you. If anything, I defend you when people talk about you.

I will be the mature one. I Digress.

Whatever your issue is. Resolve it now.

You constantly say negative, and un-necessary things about me. I already confronted you before about it. I am trying my absolute best to address this issue in a mature way. I talked to you one on one about it, and obviously you do not get the point.

Its clearly obvious that You are the one who does not deserve that position. Who are you to say that I should not have been picked?

Try to cover-up your mistakes by editing.

You are still wrong for saying those things to and about me.

• Downvote 1

• Game Master

You are both being incredibly immature, please stop with the passive aggressiveness. 

Anyway, I'm full Vit with Vit equips, hence why I only have 5k patk. I don't have any philos on my Hathors though, so I'm sure I could get around 6k with decent Hathors on. I'm good versus most players unless they crit or have DOTs. 

EDIT: I just read this - "Its clearly obvious that You are the one who does not deserve that position." That's not for you to say and I suggest you don't say things like this in the future, as it could be considered insulting staff and is against the rules.

You are both being incredibly immature, please stop with the passive aggressiveness. 

Anyway, I'm full Vit with Vit equips, hence why I only have 5k patk. I don't have any philos on my Hathors though, so I'm sure I could get around 6k with decent Hathors on. I'm good versus most players unless they crit or have DOTs. 

EDIT: I just read this - "Its clearly obvious that You are the one who does not deserve that position." That's not for you to say and I suggest you don't say things like this in the future, as it could be considered insulting staff and is against the rules.

He said literally the same thing to me. Hence I returned the favor.

Please understand I said nothing to bother him, or start with him.