Present

Logging into IRC on your Phone

18 posts in this topic

This is a guide for those that might want or need to use the IRC when the only source you have is your phone.

• So, first download the App called "AndroIRC" and install it onto your phone.
  • Open the app AndroIRC and you'll see a screen that looks something like this:

9juf.png

• Then click "menu/setting" button on the bottom left of your phone and click "Options"

ml4i.png

• Go into "Nickname" and set your 4 preferred nicknames.

sy03.png

(Nickname - 1st choice, Alternative - 2nd choice, Ident - basically your 3rd choice, Real name - your name or whatever you wish to put in)

c0cp.png

• After that, go back to the first page and click the + button which you will then see the list of servers.

xzl3.png

• Click "Other..." then type in "irc.vel.lv" and press submit.

emqw.png

• When you get to this page...

gnws.png

• You must register your nickname to access the main channels, type: /msg nickserv register yourpassword [email protected]
  • Go to your e-mail, you have received an activation email (you might want to check spam folder if you don't see it)
  • Then type /identify <password> to log in
  • To join the IRC channel, type /join #lunaonline

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I use Samsung so I'm not sure if this works on other phones but you can try it)

By the way, if you guys have/know any other IRC apps for other phones such as iPhone, feel free to post your suggestion below.

Note that this is one of the many ways in using IRC from a phone. Contributing to this thread is highly appreciated.

Much thanks for@Present <3.

can you make one for nokia please :3

Does AndroIRC not work on Nokia?

Does AndroIRC not work on Nokia?

where the download link sir? Im gonna try it agai

where the download link sir? Im gonna try it agai

Hm, every smart phone should have an app downloder something like "Play Store"

Hm, every smart phone should have an app downloder something like "Play Store"

oh i try to search at OVI strore but there is no AndroIRC i only see is SimpleIRC app :3

oh i try to search at OVI strore but there is no AndroIRC i only see is SimpleIRC app :3

Ah okay I'll add a guide for SimpleIRC too then.

Ah okay I'll add a guide for SimpleIRC too then.

ty sir :3

Hmm, as I was doing the guide, I found out that the SimpleIRC for android is different from Nokia and since I do not have a Nokia hence I don't think I'd be able to do it. But I heard all of the IRC apps basically have the same server, port, user ....etc so it shouldn't be that hard to figure it out. Although, I would be much appreciated if someone who uses other phones that connects to IRC with a different (free) app to post a simple guide or so.

I tried searching for IRC in window store, the only one that is good enough to do the job done is the IRCfree by Adafy. But do note that the free version is kind of very limited and I dont recommend it unless you willingly to go pro version (around USD $2)

Windows phone (Nokia HTC etc) search for zirc I used to have it on Windows 6.5 and believe it's still in devolpment

Windows phone (Nokia HTC etc) search for zirc I used to have it on Windows 6.5 and believe it's still in devolpment

sir theres no zirc for Nokia XpressMusic or what IRC app i can use for Nokia XpressMusic?

Use Google. Windows market place and the Nokia store are pretty useless and if I'm not mistaken the xpressmusic phone is running Symbian OS (meaning no irc client due to the OS being long time dead

aw it works to my alcatel :3 thnx for the guide Sir Present