Top 3 Technical Issues

Orange

• Administrator

Short and easy solutions for the most common technical issues that new and veteran players might experience.

Even if we do already have a longer read and more detailed player constructed technical issues thread players seem to ignore it.

1. The game does not start after I click "Start Game" on the patcher or an error says "Unable to find client executable!":

2. Nothing happens after I select the server in the server select menu:

A. Add LUNAClient.exe (located in your game folder at "C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Celestia Luna Online\") to your antivirus' exception list (if you don't know how google it, it's different for each antivirus)

B. Still not seeing the game start: your antivirus has already put LUNAClient.exe in its quarantine, you will have to retrieve it or reinstall and add the exception again. (if you don't know how google it, it's different for each antivirus)

2.B The game crashes when I select the server in the server select menu:

You are missing a VC++ Redist install, download and install it from here:

32-bit: https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/F/93FCF1E7-E6A4-478B-96E7-D4B285925B00/vc_redist.x86.exe

64-bit: https://download.microsoft.com/download/6/A/A/6AA4EDFF-645B-48C5-81CC-ED5963AEAD48/vc_redist.x64.exe

3. I get an error saying "D3DERR INVALIDCALL" when I run the game and it closes afterwards!

This mostly happens when you try to run the game in full screen mode in a resolution that your screen does not support. Try running the game in windowed mode instead.

These are the top 3 problems new and veteran players might get, for more detailed information use our search function with keywords related to your problem, all past and current technical problems have already been solved before.

• Upvote 5

"Go to your game folder (ex: C:\Program Files (86x)\Celestia Luna Online Alpha\) and delete the file called "celestiapatch" and run LUNAPatcher.exe"

This will also fix the issue of not seeing pvp map on map move scrolls or being able to sell things for over "4b"

• Upvote 5

• Administrator

am i the only one who's encountered this?

Gen5eiO.png

edit: oops i see it was the first on the list. i'm asking why are antivirus programs deleting the launcher

Because it's a false positive and your antivirus should let you choose to remove or ignore the threat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I asked my friend if she could play luna with me and when i asked her if it worked she told me this

"And no, it doesnt.

It starts up, i choose a server and then it freezes" can someone tell me how to help her please...

SHe has Windows Xp

she did the thing where she got rid of the patch and it wouldn't even run now

• 2 weeks later...

How often does it happen and is it in a specific situation, ex: talking to a npc, using a skill, etc?

It happens very often, and normally when i'm just walking around or standing there. This one, i took a screenshot of, happened as soon as I signed into the game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys,i have some problem here,well i'll explain all to you

i cant connect to the game,well i can select the server and log in,but nothing appeared when i select my character and click "connect to game"

my brother tried his ID too and its all normal without any problem.

well thats all,sorry if my english is bad and thanks before

edit: well its seems like i just cant get into alker harbor -___- i tried to teleport my char trough the web into nera castle and i can log in,but when i teleport to alker in game it got blackscreen.is alker down or what? oh btw when my bro tried to log in with his ID,his char is not on alker

hi guys,i have some problem here,well i'll explain all to you

i cant connect to the game,well i can select the server and log in,but nothing appeared when i select my character and click "connect to game"

my brother tried his ID too and its all normal without any problem.

well thats all,sorry if my english is bad and thanks before

edit: well its seems like i just cant get into alker harbor -___- i tried to teleport my char trough the web into nera castle and i can log in,but when i teleport to alker in game it got blackscreen.is alker down or what? oh btw when my bro tried to log in with his ID,his char is not on alker

Does your character(s) are in Alker Harbor? If yes, Alker Harbor is down now.

well thats makes sense now XD thanks :D i got panic earlier because all my treasure are on that ID :v

You can teleport your character at celestialuna.com, log in, click teleport, pick the character you want to teleport, choose the place you selected for your character that you've picked, and then click teleport.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not really a Tech Head so I will make this as short as possible. I was playing with my girlfriend earlier Today and the game was running Fine. We logged off and left, Now she is trying to get on Now but it keeps saying Failed to Communicate with Server Whenever she presses the Icon. As well as the Icon Looks different.