How To Use A Search Function

asiaphone12

you know, sometimes I browse this forum and when I see GM or admin got bored by question that has been asked several times, they will ask you to Use the search function.

So here I was thinking "Is there a guide for how to use search function?", I see nothing such as that. So I put some my times for my comrade in-game to make the guide. I know it's kind of pointless but because sometimes new player got confused with search feature (including me when frist join this forum) so I made this guide.

now, let us see the picture below and I will tell you how to use it step by step:

1z1r9xt.jpg

Description:

1. Type in your keyword for the thing you search, for example: farming

2. this is for "Search Section". this function is for search type, where :

- Forum : That's mean you will search in whole forum. it's useful when you don't know the category for your question. but it's not effective because it will show too much result.

- This Forum : this option will show when you going into spesific forum. you will search Just inside the forum you're in. for example: you're going into forum of guide. then you will search in that forum, not in another forum. but they still search in the subforum. if you inside subforum, it will not search the spesific forum. for example: when you inside mage of subforum. it wont search in guide forum, figher, or rogue subforum.

- Member : it function is for searching another player. so, if you want to know other user, choose this option and type your friend's name. for example: you type asiaphone12, then you will see that person. if you not remember their name, you can type asia or phone, atleast not below 4 character (it wont work below that).

- Help Files : I don't know this function, I have try it but not show any result. so if one of you know, tell me and I will update this.

3. This button is for start to search the keyword you have input. you can start search by press enter or press this button, up to your taste.

4. This is for more advanced option. you can search the keyword match as "all word" or "any word", "Title and content" or "only title/content". you can search the author, or the date of the thread, and many option that you can try, it's pretty powerful. if you can't find what you want in simple search box, you can use this advanced search.

that is for search function. I hope this will help people how to use search function.

for the five and six usage, it's just bonus because they close to search function, and it look's like few people using this. so I will tell you the function of each option.

5. It's for searching new content that you not yet have to read.

6. this is for quick navigation, you can go from forum to another forum or any subforum to any forum and vice versa without pushing undo button in your browser.

That is all what I want to explain. now, when GM or admin tell you to use search funcion, you dont need to ask around how to use it. if you have question, feel free to ask me.

now that I think about it, look's like I discriminate number five and six, I feel pity for them. but because they are not the main point, so it's okay.

See you next time, Cya~

Edited by asiaphone12
  • Upvote 2

• Game Master

"when I see GM or admin got bored by question that has been asked several times, they will always says "Use the search function" or similar like that. I got irritated reading it"

...? I'm sorry you're irritated, but that seemed a little rude. And we're not bored, we get irritated with having to answer the same question that's already been answered a hundred times before. It's not difficult to click in the box at the top of the forums that clearly says "Search". Everyone should know how to use a search box, it's just like Google. You type in keywords, and topics with said keywords will pop up.

Voila.

sorry if it's rude, I just type it what come to mind. I fixed it. hope it's better. I make this because some people miss it when browsing forum. they (including me) tend to focus in forum than its surrounding. that's where the idea come for making this guide so more people will notice.