Staff Appreciation Day!

AxeOfZues

We all complain about the update, myself included, but most of the time we don't realize how hard the GM's and Administrators work to keep the server up and running! Not to mention the cost of maintaining a server! I think we should all take a day or two of the year and donate to the server, not only to the server, but to those who make CL what it is!  In a previous post, June 10th was selected as a donate-date, which I couldn't participate in(Ironically..) due to not having access to Cell Phone donation for my provider. I'd like to have another day to donate, and show our appreciation for the server! April 14th and June 10th! Spread the word :D Thanks! 

I'm confused. If its staff appreciation day why would we need to donate? Showing appreciation and giving them money in my views are two completely different things. I donate quite a few times a month and the last thing i'm thinking is oh the staff will appreciate this, I'm thinking well at least we know the bills can be paid. My version of appreciation on an online game would be to tell the staff they are doing a good job. Maby just write them a nice private message or even start a topic along the lines of why do you appreciate the staff. Not give them money. 

• Upvote 6

I'm confused. If its staff appreciation day why would we need to donate? Showing appreciation and giving them money in my views are two completely different things. I donate quite a few times a month and the last thing i'm thinking is oh the staff will appreciate this, I'm thinking well at least we know the bills can be paid. My version of appreciation on an online game would be to tell the staff they are doing a good job. Maby just write them a nice private message or even start a topic along the lines of why do you appreciate the staff. Not give them money.

A cultural barrier may be the cause of our widely different opinions.

And those that can't donate?

It's not going to be a popular thing anyway. Just those that CAN donate that may help. Too bad they don't have as many options as they did in 2011 and 2012.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1