The Basic Fighter

Jonah

Here’s a guide for those who have always wanted to figure out their fit for Fighters

In this guide I’ll be explaining each individual classes strengths & weaknesses of each class.

Fighters

We’re going to start with the more heavy side of things. Fighters are the buff, giant ax wielding fiends of Luna. They have the capability of wearing heavy armor, wielding two weapons at once, and getting huge amounts of HP.

Paladins - The Defenders

Paladins are among the best defenders in Luna, their skill set allows them to take two times as much damage as the average fighter. This class is mainly for taking hits, if you’re looking for high damage, search elsewhere. Their high physical defense makes them a crowd control class for wars and PvP.

Elves:

Pros: Very high physical defense, Rune Impact *good for stun combo, aura buffs (good party support) Good HP, best stun combo in game. Very high block rate.

Cons: Low physical attack

Humans:

Pros: Moderate physical attack, High physical defense, Good HP, High HP recovery, High critical damage (if from Gladiator path) *This path is best used with swords due to Rage Burst.

Cons: Requires strike if you want to be on the offensive. Sometimes has to resort to Double Strike

Destroyers - The Merciless

Rivaled in damage by only the Human Sword Master, Destroyers are the most powerful class when it comes to dealing huge damage. Best if used with sword (Rage Burst) Although they dish out high damage, they can’t take much of a hit.

Pros: Very High Physical attack, Fearful Blow (Never miss skill), High critical damage

Cons: Restricted to Humans, Low HP, Low Physical defense

Sword Masters - The Agile

One of the four classes in Luna that can dual wield, this is also the only dual wield class that can be used by both Humans and Elves. This class is mostly used from range due to its low physical defense and survivability. They are among the few Hit and Run type classes in Luna, mainly used in methods similar to that of the Arch Ranger.

Pros: Very high physical attack,

Elves:

Rune Impact, Aura Buffs.

Humans

Rage Burst, Level  4 or 6 Risk Taker (depends on path), High critical damage. Level 20 Sword Training

Cons: Low Physical Defense, Moderate HP, Dual wield penalty at early levels (105-132), Humans require strike to deal with evasion types

Magnus - The Versatile

One of the most versatile classes, Magnus is the most commonly used next to Destroyers, Cardinals and Blade Takers. They are capable of taking a hit and dishing out damage. This class has the best skill set for war and support in parties. Magnus is a great starting class for newcomers.

Pros: Moderate Physical defense and Physical Attack, Capable of using 1 handed, 2 handed and dual wield weapons.

Rune Impact* Aura buffs (Highest level) Protection Aura (great for survival) Rune-Cry (Anti-Hide Skill). Pure defensive Magnus can have more Physical Defense than that of a Paladin with the same gears. (can be very annoying when mixed with Protection Aura.) Mana Vampirism (bugged, but it absorbs MP.)

Cons: Not particularly strong in a specific area (except for Pure Defense Magnus), Restricted to Elves.

wew look at all those pros

Panzer - The Fiesty

The only musket wielding fighter in Luna, although it is currently bugged and some use it as a 1 handed fighter.

Pros: Musket user *bugged, High Physical Attack, open to Humans and Elves, Decent Physical Defense (path dependent),

Ranged if used with Musket,

Cons: Bugged, Low-Moderate HP, Slow attack speed when un-buffed. (Musket users)

Crusader - The Noble Supporter

Last but certainly not least, the Crusader is a class capable of using Magical skills (sort of like a battle-mage.) It has multiple short-term buffs that can turn the tides of a battle. This class is very useful for boss parties or war support. It can tank tons of enemies and also dish out a quick area stun with Holy Earthquake. It has a decent heal and good hp. Specifically is great with maces.

Pros: Magical skills, High physical defense, many support skills, has max blunt shield and can get RI/Auras (depends on path) Decent HP. This class is very versatile as it can be made as a hybrid physical/magical class or a support class. Recommended to use an Athena's Mithril Hammer to increase it's physical defense.

Cons: Not strong in attacking power, not very strong by itself, can be stopped with Silence. (if magic type)

That concludes the Fighter portion of this guide~

Feel free to post information below for me to add to the guide! 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

can you add these on crusader's part ?

my version of crusader's pros :

~ benefit from free reskill after becoming crusader ( to get it , meet celerian at AH ch1 and go for free request , she'll issue you one )

~ with crusader attains Holy Earthquake ( suppousedly soul arbiter's counterpart of fighter's earthquake , obviously its exactly copied : ranging from level restriction , stuns , level , MP consumption , etc ) , the user's stun AOE much better than fighter's ( 7m range , no weapon restriction and dealt Magical damage ) . so if the player knows well about SA's holy earthquake , then user is no need to be in doubt about the difference

~ unlike Rune Knight and magnus , crusaders are outright " magic-knight " . meaning they're capable utilize magical attacks and being able to wore heavy armor

~ an aura that allows adapt on one on one fight . so by say you're up aganist fighter & rogue , you've use M.A aura & P.deff aura and while up aganist mage use P.A aura & M.deff aura

- in addition an advanced auras that can function like mage's manablast & divine heal but on all party members in range . also other 2 aura that can nullify specific debuff

~ though they've lacked int buffs ( which why they cannot stand up aganist true mage ) , they are only one possess Lv 10 wisdom to make this up ( and this is before combining it with M.deff aura ) , which other fighter jobs lacked buffs that makes them resistant aganist magic ( though , they do had magic barrier passive )

- when one combine rune knight's manastorm ( max up to lv 6 ) , the user has potential of surpassing common mage's max MP

- in addition crusader's spell barrier goes beyond up to lv 20 , while every lv 105 mages peak at lv 15

~ since possessing at least 2 physical-type skills ( both were using shield ) , they are not completely vulnerable aganist runemaster's silence

~ crusader has unique healing ability that is differs than any other's healing skill . its trait between fast heal and great heal ( being quick cast , acceptable cooldown and almost good as great heal )

- interestingly , the user also gain some of original mage skills : sacrifice , transfer mana , wisdom & holy earthquake ( again , identical from SA's )

~ with 3 magical skill on user's command , it gains benefit from shrewd spell ( which is easier to get than attack speed , particulary cardinals are so popular you can find them at AH1 )

cons :

~ while magnus's auras wore off quick , crusader's auras wear off even quicker ( so standard auras are up to 1 minute while advanced ones may up to 15 sec )

- the cooldown for standard aura is same as the aura buff last , unknown if same for some aura like MP regeneration

- the advanced auras and buff clearing are only available in later level

~ a bug that require axe to make auras to happen , using other weapon does nothing but consume your MP and put the aura to cooldown

~ unlike true mages , this " magic-knight " does not get int buffs . so the user is either rely on own's magic aura or mage's int buffs ( SA's int peak at lv 7 but they have lv 5 fortunate magic whilist both grand master and necromancer has lv 8 )

~ while crusader may have highest MP among other fighter jobs , they still tires out as quick the others . so you might consult bishop/cardinal to donate their MP to you/ just give you manablast OR you might as well store large amount of MP potions , which takes some space to your inventory

- SA's mana burnings plus curse weakness , pose a problem aganist crusader's lv 10 wisdom

- and this was before counting necromancer's curse weakness

~ because being " Magic-knight " is awesome but...impractical , runemaster's silence neutralize all 3 magical skills ( all of 3 had " Holy " prefix )

- don't bother resorting with rune impact , silence also affect this and RK's auras ( not tested with crusader's aura though )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2017 at 0:25 PM, Antoni77 said:

Swordsmaster dual can get more Phy Atk, but need to get level 132 to have good Critical :)

thanks for information :)

and where i can get best guide for sword master human ? because i think SM Human guide in this forum is missing

a question between SM Elf or human, Paladin Elf or human, Magnus and Destro which you think q is best to play if only I have some item with STR XD which I should be more? to be a good player.

Which would be good for high lvl 140+

36 minutes ago, Lanaro said:

i confused what should i choose  between destro and SM human they are both hurt ...

Basically both of that human class is strong and can do high amount of damage. It will depend on your play style. If you want to run around with A 2 handed heavy weapon go for Destroyer and destroy everything that blocks your way. If you want to play with speedy-slashy which release Sonic blasts be a Sword Master which can also do dual wield. Or you can make both until you find which class suits you better :P

thnx for your info,,,...actualy i created destroyer and WM human but in human path i dont follow any guide since i couldnt find any guide for human SM here in the website if you have can you share it?

4 hours ago, Lanaro said:

thnx for your info,,,...actualy i created destroyer and WM human but in human path i dont follow any guide since i couldnt find any guide for human SM here in the website if you have can you share it?

Actually there's various path you could take if you're going to be SM, but the most popular one I think is either Warrior-Infantry-Gladiator-SM or Warrior-Swordsman-Gladiator-SM or maybe even Warrior-Mercenary-Knight-SM ( haven't try this one, so I don't know whether it's good or not ).

19 hours ago, Toasty said:

Actually there's various path you could take if you're going to be SM, but the most popular one I think is either Warrior-Infantry-Gladiator-SM or Warrior-Swordsman-Gladiator-SM or maybe even Warrior-Mercenary-Knight-SM ( haven't try this one, so I don't know whether it's good or not ).

thanks for the info...

• 3 months later...