Outside Support Should Be Bannable?

Allwayspossible

Now first of all, let me just say I am terribly sorry for posting this if someone else already did. But I searched like 4 pages and didn't see it.

Now I think I speak for anyone who loves guild wars/competition/fairness as much as I do when I say it makes no sense why people get away with this.

I was in a war the past two days(ShowDown vs OPPAI) and honestly for the most part the war is evenly matched. Even with PD players. But it is not fair however, when I am stuck using like 122 skills on one person and they still live all because they have multiple healers and holy barriers.

And I know this currently not bannable, because I attempted to report it once, and Sparx denied it. This is one thing about guild wars that grind my gears, it's already challenging to deal with the edited players, which is fine. But now-a-days what guild wars really come down to...is who has the better support.

If it were not for the people who are not involved in the war, healing/supporting as if they were, the war would be more enjoyable, and it would be easier to kill people.

If this were a bannable offense, I am sure there would still be a few newby healers they figure they wouldn't care if their level 77 bishop got banned. But at least the high level mages with more potent heals would no longer be cheating.

• Upvote 3

The real question is, is your war an open war? It is after all a two day war, and if there were no rules stated I can see the opposition using healers. Open wars are that way sometimes. It's just an all out battle. I could see if it were a fixed war, but since the war is lasting more than a day it must be open. Support will be involved if the war doesnt have it as a rule.

As far as I am aware this was a fixed war. It was in the Gates of Alker. I was there, it was constant barrier and heals from the outside, it was completely unfair. I do agree that this should be bannable just like savepoint abuse.

As far as I am aware this was a fixed war. It was in the Gates of Alker. I was there, it was constant barrier and heals from the outside, it was completely unfair. I do agree that this should be bannable just like savepoint abuse.

The thing is, no fixed war has lasted for 2 days. If it isnt ended within that time span it usually becomes an open war. Either way someone shouldnt recieve a ban for a heal. Maybe a 1 day-3 day ban but what would that do? People would still heal. And a permanent ban for a heal is kind of insane.

Another thing is how would you report this? It'd require you to have ssed the rules of the war (what if the rules are changed during the course of said war?), ss a warning to the healer, and ss the healer.

• Administrator

We have said previously that any player-made guild war rules are not subject to punishment as they are not real rules. Anything related to guild wars unless it's bug abusing like the bindstone or power leveling is not bannable. Being able to heal players who are part of a guild that is in war is not a bug and should not be part of the system because guild wars are able to be held for days and probably an indefinite amount of time, your members wouldn't be able to PvE at all with other players that aren't guildmates.

There might be more fun and better solutions down the road but would require resources and time and so I won't even propose them to the admin and dev team until we have the patches and updates going.

PS: this has been the way it is for years for so many players and guilds, why suggest this now?

• Downvote 1

Well from my understanding it hasn't been this way for that long and even if it has, I wasn't aware of it . But it will forever confuse me as to why someone who is not participating in the actual war can heal people that are. That seems very unfair. Especially when one of the outside healers has over 20k m.atk, and cannot be stopped because they aren't in either of the guilds.

But, oh well.

• Upvote 1

As much as what Orange said is true, it's giving players an unfair advantage. In the rules it clearly states: 

Unfair Advantages
Anything that gives you an advantage over other players that a normal player can't get.
This includes:

• "Hacking"/Bug Exploiting - If you happen to find a bug, report it and DON'T use it.
  • 3rd Party Software/Hardware - Bots, Macros, anything that gives you an advantage that you couldn't do as a human.
  • Having any of the Illegal items on this list - http://forum.celesti...al-and-illegal/
  • Recieving illegal items from a GM ( Small gifts are acceptable like an EXP scroll to welcome you to the server )
  • Exploiting the Vote System ( Creating Multiple Vote Accounts/Multi-Voting or using Proxies/Proxy-Voting )
  • Anything a GM feels unbalances the game in your favor.

Here's a small list of Bug Exploits that we currently know about:

• Reinforce Hacking
  • Item Duping
  • Fast Respawning in PVP or Guild Wars
  • Teleporting out of the Duel box.
  • PK Bugging (seriously, we will ban you for this!)

And just because it isn't on this list doesn't mean you won't get banned for it, so REPORT ANY BUGS YOU FIND!
Permanent Ban in every case.

Apparently outside support isn't an unfair advantage? The wording may be a little off but I'd like to have this clarified real quick.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

As you can see it is not in the "This includes" list. And it is not a bug, I already explained why the system allows others to heal players in a guild war. If your players weren't able to Pve (kill monsters) during a guild war with other players who aren't in your guild I think your guild would empty out pretty soon.