Crashing When Self-Buffing On Map Entry

Nanaka

To players experiencing crashes when entering a map and self-buffing:

In case you haven't noticed, sometimes when you enter a map and use a buff, it will crash your client. However this only works with self-buffs. To avoid this, I would advise you to use your class' targeted buff. For fighters this can be Fighter's Heart, Solid Weapon, etc. For mages, most buffs that aren't self-buffs, rogues, use Zephyr first. All of the targeted buffs have a much lower chance of crashing your client on the first try, however self-buffs have a very high chance of doing so.

Tl;dr: If you just entered a map and want to self-buff. Don't. Use a targeted buff first, then self-buff.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure people are aware that this is a thing. You're lucky if it doesn't happen to you, but it happens to me.

'-'a well, I'm always use Fighter Heart on when I trying to rebuff... and the Crash is still happened (but not always) >.<

True, it does happen. I find that using targeted buffs first lowers the chance of a crash, however. Use whatever buff you want, really, it might not affect it at all, but self-buffs ALWAYS crash me, I've never been crashed by a targeted buff.

• 4 months later...
  • Orange unpinned this topic