Proposed Solution That Can Help Avoid Rmt

kambs0331

A section in Celestia Luna's official site wherein players can post trade there character,items and yes including gold BUT those character,items and gold posted MUST ONLY BE BOUGHT BY PREMIUM POINTs. In this way players will no longer transact through RMT anymore. Players gain Premium points if the character,item or gold they are selling is bought. Those PP earned by the sellers can be used to buy the item they want.  This can widen the games economy and will increase the profit of the game because for every transaction made the only mode of payment will only be PREMIUM POINTS

I prefer if those items, and gold, which u sells, will not be bought by other player, but the server itself.

so its like converting your item/gold into a PP (I hope they would convert it into a real money like GGO server did :P)

but not the character. I dont know how u think, but..

letting someone to use my character/ID is somehow feels wrong..

its like letting someone to use your real identity to do something in real life.. -- or even worse, u sell your ID to someone --

• Upvote 1

I prefer if those items, and gold, which u sells, will not be bought by other player, but the server itself.

so its like converting your item/gold into a PP (I hope they would convert it into a real money like GGO server did :P)

but not the character. I dont know how u think, but..

letting someone to use my character/ID is somehow feels wrong..

its like letting someone to use your real identity to do something in real life.. -- or even worse, u sell your ID to someone --

Hmmmm you had the idea of character selling wrong... I will elaborate things...

Your user ID will not be sold to the buyer only the character itself.

1. I will sell my level 150 character and I will put it in the community market for 150pp.

2. The charactersID/name will not be displayed...

3. The only thing that will be displayed is its path (mage - wizard - monk -warlock - cardinal), level , along with its stats.

4. When the character is bought the market will then take out 5-10% as tax. (profit for the server right?)

5. When the character is bought it will be automatically moved to the buyers account and he will rename the bought character.

Well I think this method will help solve RMT issue because lazy players can now buy characters legally on the server itself.

The profit will not go to other person but directly to the server side so that the server can be maintained.

This is a good marketing side for the server ^_^

If they are too lazy to make a new character, then let them buy it in the legal way. hahaha

• Administrator

I don't know where you're from but I think you misunderstand why players RMT, or at least the sellers.

People selling gold, items and accounts don't want Premium Points, they want real life money, obviously, for whatever purposes. Most of these players won't sell for PP.

Why have a "rmt" board when you can already buy PP with gold from players or even better the exact item you want?

You already get free gold points once you reach a certain level and you can buy gp/pp/item mall items from other players with gold.

A few years back we had another server of a different game in which you could "seal" characters in an item and sell them, that just sky rocketed RMT.

Let's not mention how complicated it would be to make that system work flawlessly.

Fifin, I don't know about that server/game you mention, but in many games players can "trade" gold for points(whatever the game's special points are called) and the other way around, however it's not to the server, it's TO and FROM players, it's just an automated "auction house" the gold never comes from the server and same for the points, when there aren't players selling or buying points then you can't get gold/points, I hope that's clear enough.

A market board on it's own, a sorts of auction house IS the good idea, but not for the purpose you suggest. We had an idea of a market board a while back, perhaps someday we will implement it, that or the automatic auction house in game. Those are features we'd like to look at.

• Upvote 1

Good day sir,

With all due respect... What I am trying to say is to have a market board (I dont know if i am allowed to mention games) but to give you an exact idea... My suggestion would look closely like dota2 lounge (sorry for mentioning games...). My point here is... If a player posted an item on the market board and I want that Item... I would definitely donate to the server so I can buy that item since the transaction can only be done in Premium Points. In this way those persons who are selling items for Real money will not profit since the transaction in the said market board is legal and it will also avoid scamming.

And I can't see any reason on how the sealing of characters sky rocketed the RMT since the transaction is made on the games official site.

anyway thanks for the response about my suggestion... more power and God bless.

• Administrator

Perhaps you didn't read the first sentences of my post. You are only thinking from the buyer's perspective.

Why do you think players SELL gold and accounts? They want REAL LIFE MONEY to spend on real life things, half of the time they want cell credit.

And I didn't say that game sold characters through the website, I said there was an item that sealed characters and could be traded between players, this means players don't have to give out accounts, only characters, it made it easier for players to sell characters and thus RMT.

Hmmmm you had the idea of character selling wrong... I will elaborate things...

Your user ID will not be sold to the buyer only the character itself.

1. I will sell my level 150 character and I will put it in the community market for 150pp.

2. The charactersID/name will not be displayed...

3. The only thing that will be displayed is its path (mage - wizard - monk -warlock - cardinal), level , along with its stats.

4. When the character is bought the market will then take out 5-10% as tax. (profit for the server right?)

5. When the character is bought it will be automatically moved to the buyers account and he will rename the bought character.

Well I think this method will help solve RMT issue because lazy players can now buy characters legally on the server itself.

The profit will not go to other person but directly to the server side so that the server can be maintained.

This is a good marketing side for the server ^_^

If they are too lazy to make a new character, then let them buy it in the legal way. hahaha

if players do that, you cant call them players. Because they will lose the meaning of playing a game. Raising a character from nothing into something you can proud of.

and yes I think it would be very complicated to implement

and Orange, GGO is Gun Gale Online, is a game name in an anime.. so it never exists xD

• Upvote 1