Angry Mom.

OrigamiOrigaming

Gosh, I'm supposed to get into university this year, okay.

But REALLY MOM. It's simpky beyond me how can you be so annoying... She wants me to do whatever the hell she thinks is right, and now I can't even choose my *****ng university, god dammit. So what if you think it's bad, I'm the student, I know what the hell I want, I know what place suits me better.

She's even using my computer as opposed to hers to try and get me into where she wants, all because my email is already open here.

Well, I don't give a single duck about it. No chickens, no birds, no seagulls given. Not a single flying bird given.

I don't know, are you the one who's going to pay for the university tuition? Depending on where you go, it could be well over $100,000 in the four year cycle. 

If she's paying for it, she should have a big say in where you go, but I think you should be able to choose your own major when you get there. 

I don't know, are you the one who's going to pay for the university tuition? Depending on where you go, it could be well over $100,000 in the four year cycle. 

If she's paying for it, she should have a big say in where you go, but I think you should be able to choose your own major when you get there. 

Money ain't the thing, here in my country, the best universities are free, but require good grades.

And in fact, she effectively wants me to go to an expensive university (an exception, I know it is a really good place) but I can't seem to accept that she wants to pay it AND that she doesn't want me to even have a voice on the decision.

Geez.

Money ain't the thing, here in my country, the best universities are free, but require good grades.

And in fact, she effectively wants me to go to an expensive university (an exception, I know it is a really good place) but I can't seem to accept that she wants to pay it AND that she doesn't want me to even have a voice on the decision.

Geez.

I wasn't aware most of the universities in your country were free, that being the case she should really let you decide haha :)

• Upvote 1

• Game Master

Are you a legal adult yet? Either way, only you can make the final decision, she can't force you to go to a school you don't want to go to. Just tell her you have your own plans for your life, and you will be the one to reap the benefts/consequences of such a decision, so it's ultimately you who should decide where you go and what you do. 

I wasn't aware most of the universities in your country were free, that being the case she should really let you decide haha :)

I KNOW RIGHT Q_Q

Are you a legal adult yet? Either way, only you can make the final decision, she can't force you to go to a school you don't want to go to. Just tell her you have your own plans for your life, and you will be the one to reap the benefts/consequences of such a decision, so it's ultimately you who should decide where you go and what you do. 

Here in Brazil, the legal age for being an adult is 18 (including for driving, drinking and getting arrested, rofl) and I HAVE spoke to her one hundred million times. I mean, really, I know she normally wants the best for me like all parents say they do, but this is a decision I WANT to take. If I make mistakes, good, and if I get it right, also just as good.

I have plenty of examples around my family AND herself who managed to live a great life without ever having a badass university on their backs. In fact, only my friends have these multi-millionaire-billionaire results from their parents and such, but they're all REALLY stressed people, I don't want that Q.Q

Aaaaanyhow. I love my mother, but I can't stand her way of saying "I am your mother, I know some things that you don't, why not just follow some advice?" then I'm like sure thing, but not THIS advice ._. Result: She rages, complains and says I'm not studying enough (although she knows I worked my whole study life last year for the enrollment test [is this what's it called in English??? Not sure about the translation, haha] and my grades were basically an A, just not an A+)

I shall never understand two things in life: My mother and black holes. My mother for obvious reasons and black holes because they convert matter to energy, but if you try to build a power plant out of them it will be converted into energy, but you won't be able to use it Q.Q

Well, I'm sort of glad I could get this off my chest, guys, really xD but now I'm fine about it.

Btw, rants include this sort of stuff, right O-o? Or were them supposed to be ingame trouble only?

Nah, it's in the Off-Topic section, you're good. 

In any case, I sincerely hope you do what you want to do in the end, and things work out. Keep us updated! ^_^

Oh, don't worry, if world war 3 doesn't break out this year it's because we agreed I was right. If it DOES break out... I blame black holes.