Failed to connect to server

hunter1234

Hey other forum members I'm in a bit of a pickle. Everytime I try to join the game it shows me the error you see in the topic title.

I don't know why this happens,yesterday I managed to play just fine but when I tried it right now it didn't work.

I live in western Europe,does that affect anything?

If it's not your internet connection, your antivirus may have added LUNAClient.exe to it's quarantine. Try adding LUNAClient.exe to your antivirus' exceptions list and see if that fixes your problem.

Thank you for your reply, I have tried every single fix in this forum and none of them have worked. I even unninstalled my antivirus, I did everything. I can also assure you that my internet connection is excelent.Could there be anything else causing the problem?

Also,here's a screenshot:

M8esIqW.jpg

uhm.. try disabling your firewall maybe?

what about deleting the "lunapatch" file and re-patch it?

it was solved here..

or maybe you can try reinstalling Luna without antivirus (or just disable it first, then make Luna folder to exception)

I always assume people try reinstalling as their first go to solution so, did you try reinstalling?

PS: if you want a faster response from a staff member you can use our IRC

• Administrator

Hi, this is not a technical issue with the game, it's a problem with your connection to the server.

Some players have experienced this, from going to playing everyday to a day or two when they couldn't connect at all and back to being able to play the next day, there's nothing you can do but wait it out.

I have done everything related to the firewall,in fact I tried every single fix found in this forum.Including the luna patch thingy.

so basically what you are telling me orange is that it's completely random whether it works or not? The thing is, it hasnt worked for quite a while,then I tried it like 2 days ago and it worked,when I tried it again one day later it didn't work,and doesn't work anymore. I guess I'll just wait it out I guess, are you certain it has nothing to do with me living in Europe?

• Administrator

Yes I am certain, players who experienced this problem were from different parts of the world as well, even from the US itself which is where the server is.

I just tried playing luna on another laptop that I have here at home,and needless to say,the exact same error ocurred,so orange I'm pretty sure you're right.

The randomness of it all is what pisses me off the most though.

• Administrator

I'm sorry about that :/ I truly cannot do anything about it, the server is in the US and in a datacenter so you should have no problems connecting but sometimes players get that error and there's nothing they can do, they just can't reach the server temporarily for some reason.

• Administrator

It's been going on for days though.Unrelated question but when will the next patch be released? Maybe the patch might fix it.

Patches have nothing to do with your connection, patches will not fix your ISP not being able to reach the game server