Getting RID of windows 8 Help?

AliceLiddle

I need some help I have an ASUS laptop that has windows 8 for the start up and EVERYTHING!!! Now I want to get RID of it COMPLETLEY and install a version of windows that IS compatible with Luna.Can somone please walk me through how to do that? Thank you.

• Administrator

Luna is compatible with windows 8, Luna is for windows XP(their specs say it can even run on win2000) and higher, I play on windows 8. In your PM you said windows 10, you did not know what kind of operating system you had?

Bonjour!

As a fellow Windows 8 victim who isn't good with tech, I can feel a smidge of your pain. Most of my games don't have good Windows 8 compatibility so it's pretty difficult and rage inducing. But I'm not going to 'upgrade' to Windows 7 since Windows 10 is out. I'll be saying Hasta la Vista to Windows 8 as soon as compatibility issues are fixed. But on the topic of Celestia Luna, I've never run into any compatibility problems.

Enough of my rambling.

Have you ever tried to change the compatibility settings for the game .exe? I know that it works for a few games while it may not work for other games. I just tested out Celestia to see if it still worked after changing the settings and it still ran normally. All you have to do is right click your client, go to properties, compatibility, and change the settings you want it to run on. Might not work but it's my only suggestion for now!

Hopefully you can get Windows 7 or someone can provide more information.

Bonjour!

As a fellow Windows 8 victim who isn't good with tech, I can feel a smidge of your pain. Most of my games don't have good Windows 8 compatibility so it's pretty difficult and rage inducing. But I'm not going to 'upgrade' to Windows 7 since Windows 10 is out. I'll be saying Hasta la Vista to Windows 8 as soon as compatibility issues are fixed. But on the topic of Celestia Luna, I've never run into any compatibility problems.

Enough of my rambling.

Have you ever tried to change the compatibility settings for the game .exe? I know that it works for a few games while it may not work for other games. I just tested out Celestia to see if it still worked after changing the settings and it still ran normally. All you have to do is right click your client, go to properties, compatibility, and change the settings you want it to run on. Might not work but it's my only suggestion for now!

Hopefully you can get Windows 7 or someone can provide more information.

AliceLiddle

so sorry i cant help.. because my laptop also running win 7

• Downvote 1