Equipment Skill Bugs and Other Bugs

Fort

I've played this game more than 5 years ago. ^_^

It has been 3 years since I last logged-in to this game I think. :P
However, it seems there are too many bugs in the equipments/sets and gameplay now that I've returned.

For example, using Kynee (106 helm) will grant a Stealth skill level +1. Yeah, I used this long ago and its pretty handydandy even for my 145 avatar. But now, it doesn't work and the fun just went down the drain. :unsure:

Another is the Level 80+ Guardian's Set (Heavy armor equipment set). Wearing the complete set gives an AOE+DOT skill (I think it deals 65damage per second if I remember correctly). Now, it doesn't work. :unsure:

Another is the physical defense bug. If I equip all the Hero's Set (level 60+ heavy armor set), then replace all the set with Guardian's set (Level 80+ heavy armor set), the Phys Def will naturally increase as expected. But if you replace it again with the Hero's set, then Guardian's set, then Hero's set again and again, all over again... My Phys Def just sky-rocketted to 4000+ (Too good for a level 90 character with pure STR build 2-handed weapon Warrior>Infantry>Knight and a +7 enchant equipments, is it not no?). But it's too early to celebrate. The numbers don't really apply. You get damaged as much even with 4000+ defense hahaha (and I was expecting a -1 damage per hit LoL) :lol:

Next is the Dual light skill from the level 105 trinket Nice Executive received from 105 Job Change. It used to work before but now it doesn't. How sad... It was pretty useful too... :unsure:

I think it has something to do with the past patches. But is it really necesary to have a "shotgun effect" patch to skills just because of reports that some users are exploiting a certain skill? Can't it be just "that" certain skill that should be dealt with? I mean, come on, even a measly skill like stealth +1 in Kynee should just be left alone to work its magic. <_<

Next is the Guild Storage. Please do something about the patch that gave this annoying effect. I know the trick to get the items out of the storage but it still gets even more annoying the more I do it. Trying to take away one item at a time then closing the storage, then try to take another possible item out again, then closing again, then taking another item again and so on. You get the picture. It wasn't like this years ago... -_-

Another thing I noticed is the enchanting. I don't know if it is a bug but, before, when enchanting fails with a protection, it levels down. But now, it doesn't (which is good 'cuz I used to get cranky when enchanting fails often). :lol:
And one more thing, I seem to recall getting "snippets" and "refined powder" from lucky boxes but who knows how to deal with them. There goes my lucky boxes and my points. But it doesn't really matter that much for me when I have 400+points more to blow away on a whim. How about removing them? Or replace their code with another working item's code? :huh:

Great job with the new patch though. Loved the new changes. And after that, a new map would be nice (But save that for the suggestions section.) :D

• Administrator

We have disabled all job skills given by items to prevent skill hacking over a year ago and we plan to remove those skills from the sets. We don't believe that characters should get skills that pertain to jobs that they did not take, like a mage having stealth.

Right now if you don't have that skill already it will not give it to you, but you cannot have that item on when learning the same skill or it will break, thus a bigger reason to remove it.

Guild storage is not an easy fix and it's coded in the game itself and there was never a patch that broke it, it was like that since the relaunch of Celestia.

The powders were never fully implemented either, you cannot use them. We will consider your suggestion about removing them until they are implemented.

When writing a suggestions/bug report please consider separating your topic into points, right now it's a huge condensed paragraph that was hard to read.

Ohh, I apologize about my way of typing. I admit it is quite condensed now that you mention it. :48:

So it wasn't a patch that made the Guild Storage go haywire but the relaunch that happened a few years ago? Then I understand it will take quite an effort to go through the codes just to fix it. Then I guess it was also the relaunch that enabled players to dualwield with no penalty, yes?

It's a pity that Equipment Skills will have to be removed though... The Stealth was quite useful when going through tough maps just to get to a nice grinding spot to level up like in the Great Garden especially when using mage characters. But if the benefit of removing them is greater than keeping them, then I guess I'm in no position to complain especially if they are being exploited for hacks. Darn exploits just ruined what was once a great gaming experience.

:51:

• 2 weeks later...