1h sword/shield tanky elf

kingbee

Hey

Just sort of discovered this game, and fell in love with it.  Theres lots of classes and builds and it can be a bit overwhelming.  So im looking for build suggestions for a 1h/shield tank type build.  I prefer to use an elf too.   I like to really be able to take some hits and not take to much damage, but i'll prob solo a lot, so i need to be able to dish out some too.  

Any suggestions on paths/skills?  

Was tempted to just follow the 1hand magnus guide here:

http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/topic/561-fighter-magnus-guide-1hand-2hand-dual-wield-int-type/

and just go full vit.

Any direction/help would be really really appreciated!!  

If you want pure tank and want to use elf try to use this path warrior -> infantry -> rune knight -> paladin.... However, if you decided to go pure tank your damage really sucks. You just live to tank damage and support your guildmates by stunning your enemies. 

try to use this path warrior -> infantry -> rune knight -> paladin....  

no need from Infantryman, it will hard leveling for level 40 to 75 

also Paladin have all of Infantryman Skills too because Paladin is Next tear of Phalanx and Infantryman

choose Swordsman will make easy hunting and leveling for level 40 to 75 :) 

no need from Infantryman, it will hard leveling for level 40 to 75 

also Paladin have all of Infantryman Skills too because Paladin is Next tear of Phalanx and Infantryman

choose Swordsman will make easy hunting and leveling for level 40 to 75 :)

Nah, i still prefer infantry. lvling from 40-75 was so easy... but lvling from 75-105 was more difficult if you dont have enough def.  But each individual have their own preference. So any path is ok since it will not affect the out come.

I would say go with the "Pure Def Magnus Path" on that guide you are referring into.

but put half vit half str on status. It would help you dish out some damage... While keep blocking enemies attack with your shield...

Why phalanx? not Knight?

+-----------------------+---------------+-------+
| Skills			| Phalanx	|Knight	|
|			| Path		|Path	|
| Enhanced HP		| 20		| 15	|
| Shield Training	| 20		| 15	|
| Armor Synchro		| x		| 1	|
| Weapon Synchro		| x		| 1	|
| Solid Weapon		| x		| 2	|
| Solid Shield		| 3		| x/1	| <-- If you dont take Infantryman Path
| Blessing Guard		| 6		| 5	|
| Heal			| 10		| x/5	| <-- you wont get these skills
| Axe Mortality		| 20		| 15	|
| Mace Protection	| 20		| 15	|
| Axe Training		| 10		| 15	|
| Mace Training		| 10		| 15	|
| Divine Justice		| x		| 1	|
don't worry about not getting wep and armor sync since it won't make many difference but basic attacking speed and movement speed.

and level 2 solid weapon only increase 15% of your attack, (it will only raise about 200-300 patk on your status screen)

as you can see phalanx path gives you more block rate and also HP pool, the different on damage is only on axe/mace training (don't mind this if you are planning using a sword) and solid weapon. Believe me, it won't that worth to trade for a survivability..

• Upvote 1

I would say go with the "Pure Def Magnus Path" on that guide you are referring into.

but put half vit half str on status. It would help you dish out some damage... While keep blocking enemies attack with your shield...

Why phalanx? not Knight?

| Skills			| Phalanx	|Knight	|
|			| Path		|Path	|
| Enhanced HP		| 20		| 15	|
| Shield Training	| 20		| 15	|
| Armor Synchro		| x		| 1	|
| Weapon Synchro		| x		| 1	|
| Solid Weapon		| x		| 2	|
| Solid Shield		| 3		| x/1	| <-- If you dont take Infantryman Path
| Blessing Guard		| 6		| 5	|
| Heal			| 10		| x/5	| <-- you wont get these skills
| Axe Mortality		| 20		| 15	|
| Mace Protection	| 20		| 15	|
| Axe Training		| 10		| 15	|
| Mace Training		| 10		| 15	|
| Divine Justice		| x		| 1	|
don't worry about not getting wep and armor sync since it won't make many difference but basic attacking speed and movement speed.

and level 2 solid weapon only increase 15% of your attack, (it will only raise about 200-300 patk on your status screen)

as you can see phalanx path gives you more block rate and also HP pool, the different on damage is only on axe/mace training (don't mind this if you are planning using a sword) and solid weapon. Believe me, it won't that worth to trade for a survivability..

phalanx path better using sword i think, bcs sword training is lvl 20 and axe training is only lvl 10 haha...

I'm not sure too but... may I know why you want to use Sword? 'w'a

Im using sword on my magnus, the answer is simple...

because sword looks cool :D

nah.. magnus have level 20 sword training.. so that's why magnus looks more suitable with sword

• Upvote 1

Im using sword on my magnus, the answer is simple...

because sword looks cool :D

nah.. magnus have level 20 sword training.. so that's why magnus looks more suitable with sword

swords looks cool...

ouwh well okay... xD

Yupz Magnus is good too with Swords :)

xD magnus using swords when the path is from phalanx only, i told u before, because magnus has lvl 20 sword training, and because of that path the axe training only max at lvl 10, so the difference in p.a. are quite high, if the path is from knight, well it will has lvl 15 axe training and still lvl 20 sword training, but because the difference is only 5 lvl and well axe mortality increases crit damage, so axe is better when u go knight path.  :D