Close program

darkus236

Marco? heyyy sweety ^^

ughh.. I hate to say this but.. I have the exactly same issue before, the game client didnt even show up but it's already crashed. It was when i'm using windows 8, the client running well when i'm using windows 7 tho. Unfortunately, I have no idea why  :wacko:

Maybe i installed some new program that affect directX or something like that? im not sure..

Maybe i need to re-install luna client? I did but nothing change..

Do I need to re-install the whole OS? But what if i did the same mistakes (installing another program than affect CL client)?

Then I decided to re-install my OS with the same one (windows 8) and guess what? The problem persist LOL!!! Is it because my win8 version/build? idk.. But because i'm so crazy to play this game, i decided to throw everything and upgrade my OS to win10. And that solution worked for me, i did re-install (upgrade) my OS, and CL work properly. Take note that my PC with win7 still can play this game, and my friends with win8 is also fine. Maybe i messed something up with my laptop? idk hahaha. 

Well, our case MIGHT BE same or might be not, i just want to share what i did to make this program running properly again haha, u can try to update your OS, update your VGA driver, going back to the previous system restore point, setting up your anti-virus (or maybe de-activate it). There's so much you can try actually, but none of them work for me, but who knows it might be work for you.. so good luck to find it ^^

PS: my last solution, re-install or upgrading or downgrading OS, i think it's the best solution for me if this problem strike me again and i still cant find a way to fix it. You maybe want to try that as well h3h3h3 :p Anyways, hit me again here if you have any question related to what did I do to my laptop to make this work hahaha, and good luck ^o^

Marco? heyyy sweety ^^

ughh.. I hate to say this but.. I have the exactly same issue before, the game client didnt even show up but it's already crashed. It was when i'm using windows 8, the client running well when i'm using windows 7 tho. Unfortunately, I have no idea why  :wacko:

Maybe i installed some new program that affect directX or something like that? im not sure..

Maybe i need to re-install luna client? I did but nothing change..

Do I need to re-install the whole OS? But what if i did the same mistakes (installing another program than affect CL client)?

Then I decided to re-install my OS with the same one (windows 8) and guess what? The problem persist LOL!!! Is it because my win8 version/build? idk.. But because i'm so crazy to play this game, i decided to throw everything and upgrade my OS to win10. And that solution worked for me, i did re-install (upgrade) my OS, and CL work properly. Take note that my PC with win7 still can play this game, and my friends with win8 is also fine. Maybe i messed something up with my laptop? idk hahaha. 

Well, our case MIGHT BE same or might be not, i just want to share what i did to make this program running properly again haha, u can try to update your OS, update your VGA driver, going back to the previous system restore point, setting up your anti-virus (or maybe de-activate it). There's so much you can try actually, but none of them work for me, but who knows it might be work for you.. so good luck to find it ^^

PS: my last solution, re-install or upgrading or downgrading OS, i think it's the best solution for me if this problem strike me again and i still cant find a way to fix it. You maybe want to try that as well h3h3h3 :P Anyways, hit me again here if you have any question related to what did I do to my laptop to make this work hahaha, and good luck ^o^

Halu Squiiii  ^_^ actually, I've been inactive ingame lately because of some issues that happened to my computer and to be honest, I miss playing CL  :unsure:

So does that mean if I upgrade my OS to Windows 10, there would be possibility to fix my current problem?  :huh:

• Administrator

Have you searched our forums, Mapple? there are plenty of things you can try that do not require you to reinstall your whole operating system.

Try deleting your Celestia Luna Alpha folder and reinstalling in a custom path that is not Program Files, or moving the folder elsewhere. Then run the patcher to get all the updates, once that is done, don't run the game, close the patcher, go to your antivirus and add an exception for LUNAClient.exe to the exceptions list, if you don't know how to do that just google it, it's different for every antivirus. Then you can try running the game.

• Upvote 1

Have you searched our forums, Mapple? there are plenty of things you can try that do not require you to reinstall your whole operating system.

Try deleting your Celestia Luna Alpha folder and reinstalling in a custom path that is not Program Files, or moving the folder elsewhere. Then run the patcher to get all the updates, once that is done, don't run the game, close the patcher, go to your antivirus and add an exception for LUNAClient.exe to the exceptions list, if you don't know how to do that just google it, it's different for every antivirus. Then you can try running the game.

oh i forgot to mention that i did re-install my OS bcs none of the solution that i found on forum is working for me, well idk why, but im sure different case from different person may need different solution, i mean, one of that solution might be work for others, but unfortunately its not for me (or i might be missing something..., from what Orange mention i've tried it all but the problem persist for me). And i'm glad now that I can play again, i have to wipe everything tho, but its okay :)

Halu Squiiii ^_^ actually, I've been inactive ingame lately because of some issues that happened to my computer and to be honest, I miss playing CL :unsure:

So does that mean if I upgrade my OS to Windows 10, there would be possibility to fix my current problem? :huh:

and marco, like I said, i did re-install after i try all of possible solution that I found on forum, have you do that? (bcs re-install system is not as fun as it seems lol)

hahaha, well it's suck i know, but sometimes nothing come easy.. anyway, glad to hear that ur problem is solved.. hope to see you in game soon ^^

PS: I need something from you, and only you who can do that at NC3, sssshhhh, dont tell anyone! :3