What's this game like?

Nith

Question

I used to play Luna Online ages ago, can't even remember when, and I'm not sure I remember that much about it. After stumbling across the game again and learning that it was rebooted, I decided I'd look around for a private server and this one seems quite well made. However, is this game worth my time? How much is it like the old Luna? Is the playerbase active? I noticed in the global section of the forums, there aren't any EU based forums, does that mean I'll be mostly playing with people from the countries listed in the global forum section? Not to say that's an issue, just that there might communication issues. Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer these questions, I remember this game fondly and it'd be nice to play it again.

17 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Nith said:

I used to play Luna Online ages ago, can't even remember when, and I'm not sure I remember that much about it. After stumbling across the game again and learning that it was rebooted, I decided I'd look around for a private server and this one seems quite well made. However, is this game worth my time? How much is it like the old Luna? Is the playerbase active? I noticed in the global section of the forums, there aren't any EU based forums, does that mean I'll be mostly playing with people from the countries listed in the global forum section? Not to say that's an issue, just that there might communication issues. Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer these questions, I remember this game fondly and it'd be nice to play it again.

If I do say so myself, this game is worth your time. It is very similar if not exactly like the old Luna. Same mechanics just a few updates performed by @Orange. The playerbase is pretty active although most of the people who do play are from Asian or South American countries. That is why you saw the global section had non-EU countries. Considering most EU players speak English, it wouldn't make much sense to separate them as the forum is ran in English. There are many players that do speak English although a majority of them don't speak it fluently. I hope you enjoy your time here and let me know if you have any more questions.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, @Jonah. I'll give it a whirl then if it's like the old one. I'm not sure if I'm remember correctly, but I think I played a class that was like a melee-mage, using clubs and being sort of a monk or something? Does that exist or am I talking nonsense?

8 minutes ago, Nith said:

Is there a list of classes available for this private server? Or are they identical to the normal game?

this server has up to 5th tier :

fighter : crusader , destroyer , sword master , magnus & panzer

rogue : blade taker , wanderer , templar master , entrapper & arch ranger

mage : grand master , soul arbiter , cardinal , rune master & necromancer

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sky_Light12 said:

Would you be able to tell me what each class is like?

57 minutes ago, Sky_Light12 said:

wanderer? do you mean sniper?

56 minutes ago, Nith said:

well .. I'd say what I've known:

(Fighter)

crusader: the only fighter clas type which give damage based on magical attack;

destroyer: 2 handed weapon (not musket) user for human race only;

sword master: dual weapon user for both human and elf races, it has more damage than magnus;

magnus: dual weapon user for elf race only, it has a lot of buff, more than sword master;

panzer: musket user, it has more physical defense than sniper.

(rogue)

blade taker: dual dagger user for human race only, it has a lot of damage more than templar master;

sniper: musket user, it has critical and damage more than panzer has;

templar master: dual dagger user for elf race only, it has a lot of buff, moe than blade taker;

entrapper: a dagger with shield user, which bomb is the main attack skill;

arch ranger: a bow user

(mage)

grand master: the attack skills give big damage for area target;

soul arbiter: the attack skills give big damage for personal target;

cardinal: has many buff skills;

rune master: (sorry idk);

necromancer: the attack skills are dominated for poisoning damage.

hope this small informations help You :)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Jonah said:

If I do say so myself, this game is worth your time. It is very similar if not exactly like the old Luna. Same mechanics just a few updates performed by @Orange. The playerbase is pretty active although most of the people who do play are from Asian or South American countries. That is why you saw the global section had non-EU countries. Considering most EU players speak English, it wouldn't make much sense to separate them as the forum is ran in English. There are many players that do speak English although a majority of them don't speak it fluently. I hope you enjoy your time here and let me know if you have any more questions.

* By the Dev Team, not just me! While it is great that we have kept Classic Luna the way it was, it has many missing basic features and outdated systems that we will be patching up!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nith said:

In addition to Amaryllifolius's information, here are some in-depth guides that go into detail on each class.

Thanks for all the information guys! I'll be sure to check out those guides.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

* By the Dev Team, not just me! While it is great that we have kept Classic Luna the way it was, it has many missing basic features and outdated systems that we will be patching up!

Would it be possible to introduce custom key bindings, higher resolutions, and WASD movement as opposed to clicking?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Nith said:

Thanks for all the information guys! I'll be sure to check out those guides.

Would it be possible to introduce custom key bindings, higher resolutions, and WASD movement as opposed to clicking?

Yes, it is be possible. Bigger resolutions are already implemented in the next patch.

Why don't you sign up to the Beta Testing?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Orange said:

Yes, it is be possible. Bigger resolutions are already implemented in the next patch.

Why don't you sign up to the Beta Testing?

Where do I find the sign ups? Also, how far into the future can we expect custom key binds, if you're planning on adding them that is.

3 hours ago, Amaryllifolius said:

wanderer? do you mean sniper?

grand master: the attack skills give big damage for area target;

soul arbiter: the attack skills give big damage for personal target;

cardinal: has many buff skills;

rune master: (sorry idk);

necromancer: the attack skills are dominated for poisoning damage.

hope this small informations help You :)

oops , miss the spot about the sniper , let me handle the mages :

grand master : mage equivalent of fighter's destroyer , being most powerful in raw of magical attacking power . likewise destroyer , both are " glass cannon " , lacking active/passive skill that benefit user with defenses and thus , requiring a path that covers up the weakness , in turn the user can dealt significant damage

soul arbiter : a mage revolves of drain victim's mana from long range and having most magic critical chance as well great survivability , but lacks good healing capability and only has 1 AOE

cardinal : master healer that surpass previous tier's weakness : being able to self-defense with 2 new AOE . even then , it doesn't deal good damage without power-type previous job ( i.e lacks high level int buff )

rune master : master buffer that also doubles as anti-mage , being capable temporarily disable targets from using magic but worst leveling than other 4 jobs due only having 1 offensive skill , so just like cardinal , requiring power-type job to be able leveling alone . unlike cardinal , they're terrible at healing but best at buffing

necromancer : having some quality between Soul arbiter and grand master , they has multiple AOEs ( some from warlock ) , having good magic crit , excellent defense , acceptable cast speed and having equal int buff  , wizardly & spell craft as grand master . in addition being able to turn their enemies into living bombs upon death ( it cause burn to other surviving mobs ) , so all it need just a single-one hit spell on one of mobs to trigger the AOE . however despite being restricted to human , monk and inquirer is not next tier to necromancer ( thus , doesn't gain all skill from them ) and necromancer lacks stunning skills ( though from sorcerer , they has one stun skill but still inferior than warlock's )

15 hours ago, Orange said:

Soul Arbiter is not a long range mage, they use their staff to deal melee range blows.

well , i meant both soul spear and manaburn ( according to description ,its further than most spells - 18 meter , only to be outranged by cardinal's divine sword , which was 19 meter )

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Sky_Light12 said:

well , i meant both soul spear and manaburn ( according to description ,its further than most spells - 18 meter , only to be outranged by cardinal's divine sword , which was 19 meter )

Those skills do not define that class, its main attacks, 4 skills, are all melee range and the primary skills. The skills you said are conditional, not used constantly.

As for the beta, the sign up topic is the second you see on the forums index in the Event section;

yes, there is some mistakes from Luna team/staff (Eyasoft / Eya Entertainment) during Alpha Version for making Job and Skills for level 105 Tier, especially on Fighter and Mage... :')

and anyway, always keep on mind everyone, Fighter level 105 Jobs is not 5, but is 6... don't forget about Paladin :')
-Destroyer
-Swordsmaster (Dual-Wield)
-Paladin (Tanker)
-Panzer (Musket/ Gun)
-Crusader (Magical Knight)
-Magnus