Damage timing

Jonah

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has noticed this but damage is counted as soon as a skill is casted ather than after the animation is completed, and to make things worse this only seems to be true for certain fighter skills, like Sonic Boom, Fearful Blow and Rune Impact. Which means Rogue/Mage skills are typically always outdone if a fighter can one-hit a Rogue/Mage. 

It isn't very noticeable when there isn't an attack speed debuff, but as an SA, I have max Holy Spike, which makes the target attack at 19% (-81%) of their normal attack rate (skill cast time included) 

I noticed that if I hit a target with this skill, and they attacked me, (For example, with rune impact) the damage was counted first, causing my character to die, but the animation was still playing. So basically my character was dead 5 seconds before he even got hit in the animation. During these 5 seconds, I'm still able to cast my skills and the animation plays out, but the game is picking up that my character already died, so he is doing no damage. This causes many problems as it keeps me from attacking while the debuff is in play because my target has pretty much already killed me even though his animation isn't finished. I'll make videos of this just to clear things up. 

Also, Sonic Boom doesn't count the two blasts as separate damage, but as soon as the skill is casted, both blasts are counted as damage and take away from the targets HP, meaning that once again, the total damage of a skill is being counted upon cast, not upon the completion of the animation 

Like I said this only seems to happen with Rune Impact, Rage Sword, Fearful Blow, Double Strike, Cross Slash, Sonic Boom and Dual Sonic Blast. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jonah said:

Also, Sonic Boom doesn't count the two blasts as separate damage, but as soon as the skill is casted, both blasts are counted as damage and take away from the targets HP, meaning that once again, the total damage of a skill is being counted upon cast, not upon the completion of the animation 

Like I said this only seems to happen with Rune Impact, Rage Sword, Fearful Blow, Double Strike, Cross Slash, Sonic Boom and Dual Sonic Blast. 

i don't think it's possible to avoid the 2nd shot of sonic boom, are u suggesting split the animation of sonic boom so there's a chance to not get hit by the second shot? 

have u tried looking up their cast time, maybe u're just putting too much emphasis on the animation, i guess the devs didn't really think of it the way u thought of it, maybe they're just there to make it pretty lol all about the cast time imo 

5 hours ago, johnpuarossi said:

i don't think it's possible to avoid the 2nd shot of sonic boom, are u suggesting split the animation of sonic boom so there's a chance to not get hit by the second shot? 

have u tried looking up their cast time, maybe u're just putting too much emphasis on the animation, i guess the devs didn't really think of it the way u thought of it, maybe they're just there to make it pretty lol all about the cast time imo 

What I'm saying is split the damage so it doesn't just count all of it as soon as the first sonic boom hits. Because currently that's how it is.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Antoni77 said:

We are playing on international private server, latency connection is might be the reason for the Timing of the Damages are not synchronizing with the animations...

I'll be honest, latency wouldn't have anything to do with animations and skill timing. If that were the case the faster players damage would be equal to the end of the animation, and the slower players damage would pop up EVEN slower than what the faster players would. So Latency has nothing to do with the timing of damage to skills... However it does have something to do with the speed in which the server registers that a player has casted a skill.

So no, latency has nothing to do with that.