Stat & Class Balancing

Orange

• Administrator

This is a topic where we everyone can discuss and suggest how to proceed with stat balancing, but before replying read the following:

Each patch we will balance something different, not all at once, so some balances are still coming.

• We have plans to balance how damage is dealt through blocked hits, we may apply a minimum damage a character can take if they block the damage, so blocked damage can no longer be 0.
  • We may apply a minimum damage a character can take from monsters, so characters with a lot of physical defense still take some damage, instead of only 1 damage.
  • We have plans to balance magical critical damage and add a cap to it, just like physical critical damage.
  • We may make wisdom count for magical critical rate, like dexterity does for physical critical rate.

We have changed the physical critical damage to behave like so:

Base critical damage 150% + all item and skills critical damage % (Before dexterity counted 0.3 per stat point in critical damage, it no longer does)

Maximum physical critical damage: 250%

FAQ:

Why did you remove critical damage from dexterity?

A: Dexterity gives evasion, accuracy and critical rate. 3 very important and powerful stats. Having dexterity give critical damage as well is neglecting strength completely to the point where a physical damage character would only use dexterity items and wouldn't need strength at all. Now you need strength to be more powerful, as it is logical.

Why are you doing these changes?

A: Luna Online has had an unbalanced PvP and PvE scene for a long time, players being able to 1-hit each other, where some classes could agro the entire map and never die from monsters of the same or higher level. A game must be challenging, a game must make you decide on which route to take, one route cannot be better than all the others, but for a long time it has been. Many classes are not played at all, and few classes are the only ones players ever play. You should not be able to pick a single stat and be overpowered with it, all stats have pros and cons. If you want defense you cannot have power, if you want power you cannot have defense and viceversa.

Let us know what you think!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sorry if im being rude or anything, i just want to point out something

Dex only increases a little amount of eva, a little amount of strike, so that leave only critical rate, so dex is useless now. If u want to make it balance, then remove eva philo and strike and critical rate as well, so that dex can be a little more useful. But that's not what im suggesting, dex increasing critical damage is not wrong, because some jobs will still need strength to increase their physical attack, so saying that a physical damage character wouldn't need strength is so wrong.. not all of the players have edited items, so some of them only got little critical rate, and strength/physical attack is needed for that purpose, that if the attack does not crit, then it still hit hard. If u want to make it balance, maybe u should increase a non critical attack, because sometimes the gap between non critical hit and critical hit is so big, but please don't make dex not increasing critical damage at all, because for physical damage character, both dex and strength is needed, but since dex (if i may say) only increasing critical rate, then a hitter would hit so much less than before and then a tanker and a mage will be so much harder to defeat.

Then what's the use of being a hitter, only got a little hp, little hit, and since dex only increasing crit rate people would prefer str, and if people would prefer str then their crit rate will be small, and if crit rate is small, then a tanker's block will be so much harder to penetrate, and a balance tanker will easily kill a hitter and a hitter wouldn't do a thing to a balance tanker ._. isnt this will make it unbalance again? then what's the point of balancing then >.<

thanks before ^^

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I understand why they did this, the gap between normal damage and critical damage was HUGE, luna is a very unbalanced game. it will take time for them to balance it so everyone is happy, but I feel it can be done. It will change how people think about their stat / skill builds, tactics, and etc.

give them time to balance everything ^^

pvp feels better now long as your not gap level. I tested it on my fighter, mages rouge etc of same level or near my level get hit for 5-6k or so with 11k phy atk so its not too bad untill you fight edits I guess. anyway from my view things look fine so far pvp wise long as your level is right and geared up its not a 1 sided match anymore.

• Upvote 1

So dex now is a useless stat just like wisdom.

Only stats we can use now are str/int/vit. 

Nice game lmao :)) next balance lets take out another stat, so all characters in game will be either pure str or pure int.

I am just happy I canceled my private donation until next week, cause now I will cancel it forever.

Oh and don't fool yourself that they make this to balance the game. No! They make this changes so that people who don't donate have a harder time to play the game, and are forced to donate to be able to farm/deal the same damage as before/tank/etc like they used to do before this patch.

I have nothing against donating, i did it also, cause i enjoy supporting the games i play, but when developers make it that the game is so hardcore pay 2 win, the game becomes a piece of trash. Which everyone will quit eventually.

Weak marketing ideas to squeeze just a little bit more money from their "product" which is already dying.

Peace and have a Happy New Year everyone <3

9 minutes ago, xBeasty said:

Nice game lmao :)) next balance lets take out another stat, so all characters in game will be either pure str or pure int.

I am just happy I canceled my private donation until next week, cause now I will cancel it forever.

Oh and don't fool yourself that they make this to balance the game. No! They make this changes so that people who don't donate have a harder time to play the game, and are forced to donate to be able to farm/deal the same damage as before/tank/etc like they used to do before this patch.

I have nothing against donating, i did it also, cause i enjoy supporting the games i play, but when developers make it that the game is so hardcore pay 2 win, the game becomes a piece of trash. Which everyone will quit eventually.

Weak marketing ideas to squeeze just a little bit more money from their "product" which is already dying.

LMAO what? did you even read the post? nice conspiracy theory XD

28 minutes ago, xBeasty said:

would say more but I'll say. it became p2w the moment edit items exist...thats been years

• Administrator

Please keep in mind we have a lot of changes and fixes coming that will make it feel better.

We are considering raising the critical damage cap to 300% and making dexterity give some critical damage, but not like before.

With that change we will also add the other changes mentioned in this topic, which people seem to ignore.

41 minutes ago, Orange said:

Please keep in mind we have a lot of changes and fixes coming that will make it feel better.

We are considering raising the critical damage cap to 300% and making dexterity give some critical damage, but not like before.

With that change we will also add the other changes mentioned in this topic, which people seem to ignore.

yeeey, because i cant hit anyone now using my AR, not like before :(

and how about this miss @Orange, just make dexterity can give critical damage like before, but just make critical damage only can reach up to any rate you set for this game. Even player has 1000 dexterity, the critical damage cant add more than rate that you set.

i just want to save my rogue :( 

5 minutes ago, Retaliate said:

rogue still hit 8-10k you just have to go dex and str now not full dex

im using elf rogue and i cant reach more than 9k p.a (using RM buff), i use all my stat to str and my equip on str + dex.

i dont have any p.deff and eva to avoid damage and now i only can make 6k damage at critical, (if its critical)

just feel it by yourself

33 minutes ago, KadekAditya said:

im using elf rogue and i cant reach more than 9k p.a (using RM buff), i use all my stat to str and my equip on str + dex.

i dont have any p.deff and eva to avoid damage and now i only can make 6k damage at critical, (if its critical)

just feel it by yourself

actually im in pvp now still getting 1shot theses 1s most likely edits doing 15-20k with 10-15k hp..but yeah

silahkan Memperbaiki orange Penyanyi SEMUA Saya Pikir 
Rogue Dan pejuang Adalah RIP TIDAK deamge ..
deamge Hanya 1k-12k Dan cardi vit + cardi ma Adalah Baik Deamge ..
Dan kitd fighter (pemukul) Dan nakal hp randah .. Kita Harus deamge. TIDAK HP
cardi HT = Death
Nerco VIT hp 15k + VENOM = RIP
kitd TIDAK memiliki deamge Lagi membantu ....

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devind said:

silahkan Memperbaiki orange Penyanyi SEMUA Saya Pikir 
Rogue Dan pejuang Adalah RIP TIDAK deamge ..
deamge Hanya 1k-12k Dan cardi vit + cardi ma Adalah Baik Deamge ..
Dan kitd fighter (pemukul) Dan nakal hp randah .. Kita Harus deamge. TIDAK HP
cardi HT = Death
Nerco VIT hp 15k + VENOM = RIP
kitd TIDAK memiliki deamge Lagi membantu ....

Please use English in these forums.

While I'm able to understand a little we also have plans to make Damage Over Time spells depend on your stats. Each type of DoT (bleed, poison, magical damage) would depend on different stats and not be the same damage for everybody.

Well, For What I think, 

Literally, i like this balancing, although now no one can play 1 hit. Instead for edit now dealt low damage. I think its quiet a great balance so the edit can only dealt 15k-25k damage now instead of 40k-90k damage.

But in my opinion, the administrator must make balance for mage to, like the DPS (Burn, Poison, Holy Taker, etc) for not as pure damage, but make it balance. So the Magical Defends are useful now, and Rogue can safe from 1 skill (Poison/Holy Taker) skill = die. 

Its good to make balance for physical job for edit and make it more challenging. But make it balance for Magical Player and also those DPS pure damage skills. Because after you make this balance without balance the DPS skills, now many people makes Vit Mage and play those skills.

Thank you for reading my opinion

Sincerely,

Dear My GM, Hii orange. If u want some class not 1 hit in PvP or PvE u must think about BT class. Because BT had not skill stuck (Stunt, etc) If u want balance please useful ShieldBoomerang for dual weapon:).

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ANicma said:

Well, For What I think, 

Literally, i like this balancing, although now no one can play 1 hit. Instead for edit now dealt low damage. I think its quiet a great balance so the edit can only dealt 15k-25k damage now instead of 40k-90k damage.

But in my opinion, the administrator must make balance for mage to, like the DPS (Burn, Poison, Holy Taker, etc) for not as pure damage, but make it balance. So the Magical Defends are useful now, and Rogue can safe from 1 skill (Poison/Holy Taker) skill = die. 

Its good to make balance for physical job for edit and make it more challenging. But make it balance for Magical Player and also those DPS pure damage skills. Because after you make this balance without balance the DPS skills, now many people makes Vit Mage and play those skills.

Thank you for reading my opinion

Sincerely,

Agree with this

• Upvote 1

either way with theses changes coming I think most will like a job change scroll added to the game or atleast I would even for a limited time..since some jobs will be useless by the looks of the future update. also I think this should happen int=m atk,heal increase,magic crit dmg and wis=m def,max mp,magic crit rate..

well admin i would say i disagree with THIS because mage power is pretending on DOT damage and if you based with int mage would nerf T_T,for example 

my necro poison is 1.2k but after update what it will gonna be? 300?,500?,700? T_T sorry if my post is kindda rude 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, jajiboge said:

well admin i would say i disagree with THIS because mage power is pretending on DOT damage and if you based with int mage would nerf T_T,for example 

my necro poison is 1.2k but after update what it will gonna be? 300?,500?,700? T_T sorry if my post is kindda rude 

Yes, that's why you should get INT, as a mage that is your primary damage source.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, jajiboge said:

so when is this update come? i still feel my rogue damage is little bit low

we are still taking in player feedback so there is no date

• Orange locked this topic