Class for a new & unfunded player?

Plenty

Question

Hey, so in midst of figuring out what I wanted to main, I also have a friend who is going to play the server with me. I've been trying to help him to choose what his main should be, but I'm having difficulty since we are basically polar opposites.

First, here's the background about my friend:

• He has never played Luna Online before.
  • He says he favors tanky classes.
  • He prefers melee attacks over ranged attacks.

So far I've suggested a few classes like Magnus & Paladin, but I'm inexperienced with these melee & tanky classes, since I mostly play mages.

2 answers to this question

Would suggest rogue class: Entrappers / BT or TM. Why?

• You can survive with just good EVA

• They have DPS and Great Damage skills i.e. Windbreaking, Shadow Step (For Human), Hunter Blast and Hunter Smoke

• They great Critical Chances and Critical Damages (Critical Hit is a good feeling, you knew it!)

• Their starting items is affordable i.e. Trans Set, Grim Reaper, etc.

• Good for farming as Treasure Hunters / Entrappers has Extortion skill (Increase drop rate %)

Fighter and Mage class items are a bit pricey though

• Game Master

If you're going to be leveling together, Magnus and Paladin are great choices for him. Magnus can be a great tanker while still doing damage, Paladin has really high block and HP, but low damage. All base jobs have great damage dealers; you could make a mage for good AoEs, most rogues are also great DPSers (especially if you get bombs) and good at soloing in general - but if you want to play a fighter, you could go 2h and pick Destroyer or Magnus yourself.