Sahel Monsters Feedback

Orange

• Administrator

Hi Celestians, we would like to know how the new monsters are doing!

In order to fine tune them to the best numbers we must hear from our players.

Please tell us your level and class when providing feedback. We would like to know how the monsters' stats feel, things like their damage, health,  evasion, accuracy, gold and exp rewards.

A guide with all the monsters and their drops will be posted in the following days.

First, let me thank all the admins for this update 

I'm level 137 wonderer (I know there's imbalance level between me and the monsters, but I still want to give some feedback, can I?)

So here's the list :

Drone Ant - Lvl 121
exp : 2349180
gold : 188100

Soldier Ant - Lvl 122
exp : 2619540

Worker Ant - Lvl 121
gold : 1404720

Spotted Hyena - Lvl 122
exp : 2448720
gold : 63650

Tak Tak Stalker - Lvl 123
exp : 3529800
gold : 42750

Tak Tak Warrior - Lvl 124
exp : 4399200

Tak Tak Shaman - Lvl 124
exp : 3913920
gold : 56500

Vulture - Lvl 123
exp : 2545380
gold : 35900

Sunbathing Oko - Lvl 123
gold : 26975

Blackhorn Elder - Lvl 125
exp : 4927140

Blackhorn Adult - Lvl 125
exp : 4779720

Blackhorn Hatchling - Lvl 124
exp : 2881980

Before you ask why I don't put some monster's gold drop, it's because the info didn't appear :/ I don't know if it's lag or glitch (but it wasn't laggy at all).

That's all, and sorry because I only can give this small info :33:

• Upvote 1

Im sorry if im out of topic(because i cant reply in the patch notes).

May i ask if there's a new wand for mages to (imean 1hand)? I dont want to use medusa forever because it decreases my hp :(. I hope its not just the 2hand staff new for mage because our deff will decrease. Last questionXD is there a new shield to?

Btw thank you for increasing the chance of crafting light light armor to int GMs!!!👍👍😱😱

2 hours ago, rinchannau said:

I'm level 137 wonderer (I know there's imbalance level between me and the monsters, but I still want to give some feedback, can I?)

So here's the list :

Drone Ant - Lvl 121

Soldier Ant - Lvl 122

Worker Ant - Lvl 121

Spotted Hyena - Lvl 122

Tak Tak Shaman - Lvl 124

Vulture - Lvl 123

Sunbathing Oko - Lvl 123

Before you ask why I don't put some monster's gold drop, it's because the info didn't appear :/ I don't know if it's lag or glitch (but it wasn't laggy at all).

So , there is no boss on new map ? :41:

Well, got a little bit of problem here <_.. I dont know why, but i cant even access Sahel T_T

EDIT: i only cant access them through the gate/portal (both from nera harbor to sahel & sahel to nera), but i can access them through the teleportation scroll

3 hours ago, Sky_Light12 said:

So , there is no boss on new map ? :41:

OMG i forgot to add it !!!:35:

2 hours ago, Voyagre said:

Well, got a little bit of problem here <_.. I dont know why, but i cant even access Sahel T_T

EDIT: i only cant access them through the gate/portal (both from nera harbor to sahel & sahel to nera), but i can access them through the teleportation scroll

you have opposite problem with mine, i can't access sahel from portal :32:

• Upvote 1

• Game Master

Experience seems good to me, but as far as stats go, I have only tried grinding there on my TM. With 362 evasion, I was still getting hit every few attacks, so I'm not sure where the cut-off point is where you wouldn't get hit anymore, but I hope it's 400 at the maximum. 360 is a big stretch for most players.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, rinchannau said:

So here's the list :

Drone Ant - Lvl 121

Soldier Ant - Lvl 122

Worker Ant - Lvl 121

Spotted Hyena - Lvl 122

Tak Tak Shaman - Lvl 124

Vulture - Lvl 123

Sunbathing Oko - Lvl 123

Feedback is in your own words how the numbers feel, not what the numbers are. For example "I think the EXP reward is too little" or "I think the monsters hit too hard on my character, which is 900 damage and I have 9000 hp", like that, we know the numbers ourselves, we set them, we want to know what you think about them!

As for gold gold it might not always drop, it's not 100%.

4 hours ago, Voyagre said:

That means your patch wasn't successful, you missed an important settings file, I would suggest repatching.

1 hour ago, Seraphyre said:

Experience seems good to me, but as far as stats go, I have only tried grinding there on my TM. With 362 evasion, I was still getting hit every few attacks, so I'm not sure where the cut-off point is where you wouldn't get hit anymore, but I hope it's 400 at the maximum. 360 is a big stretch for most players.

Which monsters did you grind? Each monster has different evasion, for example Tak Tak Stalkers have more evasion that Warriors and Shamans.

• Game Master
3 hours ago, Orange said:

Which monsters did you grind? Each monster has different evasion, for example Tak Tak Stalkers have more evasion that Warriors and Shamans.

Well I meant their strike, my character has 362 evasion and still gets hit by them, it's hard to get any higher than 400. So I feel like that might be a bit on the high side if they can hit players with up to 400 evasion.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Seraphyre said:

Well I meant their strike, my character has 362 evasion and still gets hit by them, it's hard to get any higher than 400. So I feel like that might be a bit on the high side if they can hit players with up to 400 evasion.

Yes sorry I meant strike.

The highest accuracy monsters in Sahel have 326 acc, there is a margin of 10% of your evasion/accuracy where hits will get through, you're not gonna evade everything unless you're way above and outlevel the monsters.10% of your evasion is 36.2, 362 - 36 = 326, therefore the hardest monsters on the map will indeed hit you from time to time.

11 hours ago, Orange said:

That means your patch wasn't successful, you missed an important settings file, I would suggest repatching.

But, its not only me. My friends (well.. in-game friends) also experience the same thing.

ill still try to repacth, but idk how :$.  is it the same as reinstalling?

9 minutes ago, Voyagre said:

But, its not only me. My friends (well.. in-game friends) also experience the same thing.

ill still try to repacth, but idk how :$.  is it the same as reinstalling?

i think she meant by deleting the patch's files and have the launcher redownloading it . problem is i forgot which one is the patch files 

7 hours ago, Orange said:

Yes sorry I meant strike.

The highest accuracy monsters in Sahel have 326 acc, there is a margin of 10% of your evasion/accuracy where hits will get through, you're not gonna evade everything unless you're way above and outlevel the monsters.10% of your evasion is 36.2, 362 - 36 = 326, therefore the hardest monsters on the map will indeed hit you from time to time.

whoa , so the best way to mitigate this using the fully upgraded new equips in the update ?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Sky_Light12 said:

i think she meant by deleting the patch's files and have the launcher redownloading it . problem is i forgot which one is the patch files 

whoa , so the best way to mitigate this using the fully upgraded new equips in the update ?

the file is "version.dat" delete that and then run your patcher again.

This topic is for you to tell us if you think they have too much accuracy/evasion so that we can adjust it, how much different is it from graveyard monsters?

36 minutes ago, Orange said:

the file is "version.dat" delete that and then run your patcher again.

This topic is for you to tell us if you think they have too much accuracy/evasion so that we can adjust it, how much different is it from graveyard monsters?

Tried. the portal still doesnt work

8 hours ago, Voyagre said:

Tried. the portal still doesnt work

This happens to me as well. The portal heading to Nera Harbor in Sahel is not working.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:03 PM, Orange said:

Hi Celestians, we would like to know how the new monsters are doing!

In order to fine tune them to the best numbers we must hear from our players.

Please tell us your level and class when providing feedback. We would like to know how the monsters' stats feel, things like their damage, health,  evasion, accuracy, gold and exp rewards.

A guide with all the monsters and their drops will be posted in the following days.

I tried killing some ants there with my Magnus and I realized that the Soldier Ant' attacks are very painful. At 3.9k p.def, I still got like 350-500 damage normally and more than 1k when it's a crit. Too op if you compare to Drone/Worker which their attacks are around 200 (at 3.9k)

Edited by Vincard
correction

• Game Master
7 hours ago, Vincard said:

This happens to me as well. The portal heading to Nera Harbor in Sahel is not working.

I tried killing some ants there with my Magnus and I realized that the Soldier Ant' attacks are very painful. At 3.9k p.def, I still got like 350-500 damage normally and more than 1k when it's a crit. Too op if you compare to Drone/Worker which their attacks are around 200 (at 3.9k)

I don't think that's terrible, you need around 5k defense to tank monsters in the Grave, it only makes sense you'd need more for Sahel monsters. 

Also, about evasion, when you're grinding, you need to be able to evade every hit (or have a healer, but with such low party experience, it really sucks having to have another member) since you have such low HP if you're going for evasion rather than vitality. Otherwise, having a tank would be a good alternative in this situation, but also only if the party experience was better. The cut in EXP hugely discourages players from creating parties. 

• Upvote 1

i'm trying to lure dinosaur monster with attract circle lv 11,,,first they hit me but when other party member hit them,the mobs hit the party member,even when i'm use attract they not hit me... it's the setting of mob or my attract lv not enough ?

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Seraphyre said:

I don't think that's terrible, you need around 5k defense to tank monsters in the Grave, it only makes sense you'd need more for Sahel monsters. 

Also, about evasion, when you're grinding, you need to be able to evade every hit (or have a healer, but with such low party experience, it really sucks having to have another member) since you have such low HP if you're going for evasion rather than vitality. Otherwise, having a tank would be a good alternative in this situation, but also only if the party experience was better. The cut in EXP hugely discourages players from creating parties. 

That's how party EXP works in most games, it's divided between all the members present in the area, you can't have all of the exp for every member, a join effort gets the reward divided equally between each member. Currently the party EXP is higher than solo EXP, so even when it's divided you are getting more.

1 hour ago, Blizzard said:

i'm trying to lure dinosaur monster with attract circle lv 11,,,first they hit me but when other party member hit them,the mobs hit the party member,even when i'm use attract they not hit me... it's the setting of mob or my attract lv not enough ?

I cannot say anything but level 11 attract circle is too low for level 120, because attract has a "damage" number that increases with the level of your skill, if a member hits the monster for more than the agro "damage" you have on it then the monster will switch targets. The agro numbers do stack the more you attract.

I have seen players attracting the blackhorn monsters and having another character AoEing and it worked just fine though.

• Game Master
17 hours ago, Orange said:

That's how party EXP works in most games, it's divided between all the members present in the area, you can't have all of the exp for every member, a join effort gets the reward divided equally between each member. Currently the party EXP is higher than solo EXP, so even when it's divided you are getting more.

Makes sense for the most part, but if you're playing solo, you're most likely able to kill monsters pretty fast. If you have a party of 2+ people, you have one tanking, one killing, and it becomes a process. Luring takes a lot longer than just running around and AoEing as you go. So I feel like it's way easier to level solo, and more EXP, than it is to have an actual party. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Seraphyre said:

Makes sense for the most part, but if you're playing solo, you're most likely able to kill monsters pretty fast. If you have a party of 2+ people, you have one tanking, one killing, and it becomes a process. Luring takes a lot longer than just running around and AoEing as you go. So I feel like it's way easier to level solo, and more EXP, than it is to have an actual party. 

Well we are now adding party leveling spots, like in Sahel, where monsters will be a bit tougher but more rewarding, so hopefully players see it as worth it. Currently Sahel has 2 solo leveling spots; ants & hyenas (we will be lowering ants and hyenas accuracy), and two group spots; tak tak and blackhorn.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know how many Def require in dif mob especially taktak monster and dragons cos im using a entrap with 6.5k Def but they still hit hard. And hard to hit them back even tho im fully buffed 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Natsuu said:

I want to know how many Def require in dif mob especially taktak monster and dragons cos im using a entrap with 6.5k Def but they still hit hard. And hard to hit them back even tho im fully buffed 

How much is hard? What is your HP and how much do they hit? These are party leveling spots so you would definitely need help leveling there, alone is going to be hard of course.