Orange

New Crafting System - Poll

Crafting System Rework  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which crafting system do you prefer?

• I prefer the current crafting system
    • I prefer the new crafting system

Hello Celestians!

We have been working on ideas on how to improve the features within the game, a vital one being the crafting system.

Currently, when we think of crafting it feels like it has become repetitive, dull and at higher levels a task that very few enjoy or will partake in, due to different reasons. So this is our proposition for a better crafting system.

Keep in mind that this will not go live unless 75% of the votes agree on the new system and we get at least 100 votes. This topic is easily translatable to any language with Google Translate (easily available in Chrome).

Let's dive in!

First of all these are the changes to how crafting will work:

• Vendor items can no longer be destroyed for materials.
    • All materials will be obtained from monsters, farming, fishing and questing.
    • Dropped equipment can still be destroyed for materials.
  • Common (white name) Jewellery will no longer be crafted.
    • Common Jewellery will become Uncommon (green name) and will only drop from monsters and quests. This jewellery will obtain random stats (blue stats like from Philosopher's stones) when dropped.
  • Wiesel, Harmel and Accesswel will no longer exist nor be necessary for crafting.
  • Strange Powder, Magic Powder and Mana Powder will drop from all monsters and will substitute Wiesel, Harmel and Accesswel.
    • Strange Powder will drop from beasts.
    • Magic Powder will drop from magical creatures.
    • Mana Powder will drop from humanoids.
    • All other powders and essences currently required to craft jewellery will no longer exist nor be necessary. Reducing the base materials from 4 (metal, leather, cloth, essence) to 3 (metal, leather, cloth).
  • Basic Patterns will no longer exist or be necessary.
    • All common equipment will be crafted directly from materials. (If the change takes place you will be able to destroy the molds/patterns you have already crafted for a full cost refund of materials)
  • Advanced Basic Materials will no longer be crafted, instead they will be bought in appropriate level cities.
    • Thread -> Strengthened Thread -> Fairy's Thread Skein -> Moonlight Thread Skein (for example) will all be bought from vendors.
    • Alker Harbor -> Zakandia -> Nera Castle -> Oasis of Parasus are the maps that will have the above tiers of basic materials.
  • Lower level equipment is already no longer necessary to craft higher level equipment. (Changed March 12th 2017)
  • Lower material numbers required to craft items and lower drop amount/rate to compensate.
    • Because crafting will require lower numbers of items monsters will drop a lower amount of materials (to keep material farming alive).
    • The cost of vendor materials will be increased to compensate as well.
    • Your inventory will no longer overflow with materials needed to craft a single item or stack of advanced materials and will have 40 extra slots.

So now that we have removed extra complications and steps from recipes let's add the fun:

• Powders can be obtained from monsters or from farming: Farming is useful again!
    • Life/Crystal flowers = Magic Powder
    • Spirit/Magical flowers = Mana Powder
    • Beast flowers = Strange Powder
  • Base materials of all levels can be obtained from farming:
    • Higher level barn animals will be created to obtain higher tier metal, leather and cloth.
  • The world will be filled with more miscellaneous items, while some will only replace equipment from drops for a better way to obtain gold, many will be used in different crafting recipes. (Explained below)
  • Dozens of rare recipes will be added for equipment of all levels, mostly for accessories such as belts, helmets, trinkets and jewellery.
  • You can craft over 100 items (stackable item) at once with the new crafting window.

Now for a visual representation and comparison of the current crafting process vs the new one.

This is the current way to craft a level 120 weapon:

craft_old_pattern.pngWe start with crafting a mold that has a 60% success rate.

Materials:

• 20 Ingots
    • 60 ore (3 each) + 20 lower tier ingot (1 each) (Petrified Ore @ 100% from Blackhorn)
  • 30 Magical Flames
    • 1,200 Flame Stones (40 each) + 600 Magic Powder (20 each)
  • 20 HQ Ruby
    • 180 Ruby (9 each) + 100 Flame Stones (5 each)

Tedious, isn't it? For a single try at a 60% chance mold.

craft_old_sword.png

Once we have our mold we proceed to craft the weapon at 80% chance.

Materials:

• 34 Moonlight Abrasive
    • 1,360 Blacksmith Abrasive (40 each) + 680 Strange Acid (20 each)
  • 1 Mold
  • 98 ingots
    • 294 ore (3 each) + 98 lower tier ingots (1 each)
  • 83 Wiesel

Stat chances = 16~30 of one of the following:

• 30% STR
  • 5% INT
  • 30% DEX
  • 5% WIS
  • 30% VIT

Total cost if you are successful at first try:

• 354 Petrified Ore
  • 118 Cobalt Ingot (354 Cobalt Ore)
  • 1,300 Flame Stone
  • 600 Magic Powder
  • 180 Ruby
  • 1,360 Blacksmith Abrasive
  • 680 Strange acid
  • 83 Wiesel

Now for the new way to craft a level 120 sword:

Our new interface and crafting window does not require for an item to be placed in it to see what it can craft. Instead you can search recipes by level, category and name.

new_craft.png

The new recipe requires less but more diverse materials, and no longer requires a mold to be made beforehand.

Materials AND Total Cost:

• 20 Blazing Alloy
    • 90 Petrified Ore (NO COBALT INGOTS NEEDED to craft Blazing Alloy!) (Petrified Ore @ 10% from Blackhorn)
  • 2 Cobalt Ingots
    • 6 Cobalt Ore (No Perium ingots needed!)
  • 5 Moonlight Abrasive (3,260,000 Gold // 652,000 gold each, purchased at Oasis of Parasus)
  • 3 Suncoated Leather
    • 9 Scorched Leather (No Stonehide leather needed!)
  • 20 White Bone (Bones drop from all skeletons!)

To recapitulate, powders will be needed mostly only for armor (Strange = Metal, Mana = Leather, Magic = Cloth). Monsters will have miscellaneous drops used in recipes and to sell for gold that will stack and take less space than dropped equipment.

Let's take a look at a slime (which will now also have higher level brothers in Moonblind Swamp, The Howling Ravine, The Dark Portal and The Great Garden)

slime.pngSticky Slime can be sold to vendors for 2,500, drops fairly often and is used in various recipes for equipment and weapons of all levels.

Higher level slimes may also drop "Thick Slime" instead which can be sold for 12,500 gold and "Condensed Slime" at a lower rate that sells for 125,000 to vendors.

Each type of monster can drop 1-3 different miscellaneous items that are used in recipes of all kinds and levels or can be sold for gold.

If this change goes live, all looted materials will be reduced by 50% so that players who already have them cannot take advantage of this change.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome~

Just now, lemh0657 said:

i have a question , is same items ? 135 max lvl of items or you will  put new items 

Same items, higher level of items will come when higher level maps are available.

wow!!! I like this!! :40:

P.S. I like the extra 10 slots per bag.. I can farm more with my entrapp without going back and forth too much :28:

WOW, just wow. I'm seriously impressed with all the effort you've put to this @Orange and to the dev team. Kudos to you, but, there's just one thing that made me curious:

2 hours ago, Orange said:
    • Your inventory will no longer overflow with materials needed to craft a single item or stack of advanced materials and will have 40 extra slots.

so, does this mean materials can stack over 100 now?

Just now, iLoonie said:

WOW, just wow. I'm seriously impressed with all the effort you've put to this @Orange and to the dev team. Kudos to you, but, there's just one thing that made me curious:

so, does this mean materials can stack over 100 now?

No it just means since you will need less materials (and less materials will drop) you will no longer need to fill your inventory with stacks of items to craft a single weapon.

But as you can see in the picture of the new interface there will be 10 more slots in each tab.

5 minutes ago, Orange said:

No it just means since you will need less materials (and less materials will drop) you will no longer need to fill your inventory with stacks of items to craft a single weapon.

But as you can see in the picture of the new interface there will be 10 more slots in each tab.

I see, thanks for clearing that up. We'll just wait when the big patch comes out :D

I dont suport this new updates, its sounds like more bad than before, i bet this one make the crafts item lowers. And also, this will change's everything.

29 minutes ago, BengFisher said:

I dont suport this new updates, its sounds like more bad than before, i bet this one make the crafts item lowers. And also, this will change's everything.

Ah, you're the one voting for the current system then.

I don't think the new system would be bad, because it will be easier for you to craft things now and everything looks more organized. This doesn't necessarily mean the new system will drop the price of crafted items though.

6 minutes ago, Vincard said:

Ah, you're the one voting for the current system then.

I don't think the new system would be bad, because it will be easier for you to craft things now and everything looks more organized. This doesn't necessarily mean the new system will drop the price of crafted items though.

"because it will be easier for you to craft things now" <=== easier will make prices down broh :)

Meaning no offense bro

6 minutes ago, BengFisher said:

"because it will be easier for you to craft things now" <=== easier will make prices down broh :)

Meaning no offense bro

I believe CL could use a little deflation, if the new system does at all somehow decrease the prices of crafted items. 

18 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

I believe CL could use a little deflation, if the new system does at all somehow decrease the prices of crafted items. 

thats ur believe bro

Nice mechanics, keeps the spirit of farming for materials alive. Players will be eager to go and hunt again for craft materials. 

Some will say it closes the door to some business like magic flame makers cause of the no longer destructible npc accessories. But it opens up possible business to new players to earn some gold while they level. 

They might even enjoy hunting for these new materials while levelling instead of the Dd which gets boring 💤 and no profit with gold. 

I also think prices will spike the the early weeks cause of adjustment and getting used to this changes. 

I support this change. More power to Celestia luna 

6 hours ago, BengFisher said:

Meaning no offense bro

I understand your concern, but the difficulty for crafting perfect stat max level equipment remains. We only looked at level 120 which is the lowest level you can make with Blazing Alloy.

This is the recipe (not yet finalized) for the level 135 sword:

• Cost: 38,000,000 gold
  • Success Rate: 68%
  • 73 Blazing Alloy Ingot
  • 13 Moonlight Abrasive
  • 9 Magical Flame
  • 15 Holy Water (monster drop)
  • 23 HQ Aquamarine
  • 12 Sharp Stone (monster drop)

10 minutes ago, Orange said:

• 9 Magical Flame
  • 23 HQ Aquamarine