Rune Silence

Jonah

After multiple discussions with players in-game, I've decided to make a small suggestion regarding the time in which Rune Silence's effect lasts.

The problem with this skill isn't so much the effect itself, it's the duration of the effect compared to the cooldown. 

Ordinarily, level 1 Rune Silence has a duration of 30 seconds, and a cool down of 8.2 seconds, and max level Rune Silence lasts for an entire 58 seconds while having a cooldown of only 8.2 seconds. This allows Rune Master's in-game to effectively follow a specific mage around the entire map during a war simply spamming him with silence and keeping him entirely out of the war. This literally allows for an entire class to be rendered useless, and considering the amount of rune masters and how easy it is to simply get one with high movement speed and have them lock a single target, you can completely shut out mages from a battle.

Some will say to simply kill the Rune Master, but the issue with this is that they can simply use Holy Barrier to become invulnerable and hawk you down with no chance of evading this skill.

What I was going to suggest is two methods of possibly countering this:

• Shorten the duration of the silence effect (8s-15s) on the target, and give the skill a higher cool down (50s-2m)

OR

• Cause the effect of silence to wear off after taking damage, similar to how sleep works (That way if a target is attacked during this process, the effect will disappear and allow the target to fight back against his attackers, and also cause his opponents to think twice about attacking a silenced target, instead of using silence as a way to victimize and trap mages for easy killing.)

I am aware that this skill has a minimal effect on Fighters and Rogues through disabling their ability to buff or use skills such as Rune Impact or Spirit Sword, however, this is nothing compared to the cancellation of all of your skills for an entire minute (with the exception of Necromancer's skill, The Spear.)

Video Examples:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Jonah
  • Upvote 2

It will be harder for us players with normal equips to hunt down boss monsters. With this both suggestion.

I just hope this suggestion wasn't bias with war in pvp room in mind.

But a little  duration reduction wouldn't hurt I guess in pvp or war, cause ye 58 sec is pretty long.

I hope gm can compromise with both pvp and monster hunting in mind, in balancing this skill.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rheed said:

It will be harder for us players with normal equips to hunt down boss monsters. With this both suggestion.

I just hope this suggestion wasn't bias with war in pvp room in mind.

But a little  duration reduction wouldn't hurt I guess in pvp or war, cause ye 58 sec is pretty long.

I hope gm can compromise with both pvp and monster hunting in mind, in balancing this skill.

Ah I see. I didn't think of the boss hunting thing as I haven't really heard of people using silence to farm bosses and keep them from attacking. 

This post strictly had in mind the effect it has on war and shutting down mages. 

Just now, Jonah said:

Ah i see. I didn't think of the boss hunting thing as I haven't really heard of people using silence to farm bosses and keep them from attacking. 

This post strictly had in mind the effect it has on war and shutting down mages. 

We do with the mama Dino cause of her skill that reduces hp for tankers and it also works with akuma.

But you have a point 58 secs is very long for pvp and boss. I think gms can find a way to satisfy players needs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 11:33 PM, Antoni77 said:

hmm... Silence Rune has 100% chance/Rate to Successfully Silence, right???
it is good idea to decrease the chance/rate of it???
for example like:
-Level 1 => 70%
-Level 2 => 75%
-Level 3 => 80%
-Level 4 => 85%
-Level 5 => 90%

Silence’s success rate is 80% across the board. I personally believe having anything above 60% for a skill that completely cancels someone’s ability to function for so long is crazy, but we’ll see what changes are made, if any. 

Im sorry jonah, im disagree.. im just wanna give my opinion as rm user. Silence ultimate skill of rm. Because of that time of silence lv 5 (58s) i lvl up my rm.

Rm only can do that disable ALL skill only for mage's. Yea since silence disable only magic skill including buffs on other jobs..

That's only the special power of RM.

We have weakness..

I cant do damage. What i can do just poison. And its poison depend of what path u took

And im die easily. Since rm didnt have much defense.

If the silence will work like sleep skill, so what the use of it? It will be no use. U get the silence but u can run. Yea after silence we will use sleep or ice for combo. But if war on zakandia its hard because there are many mage's that use ms items. Even im using ms i cant catch the mages or i get killed after that.

(On the pic u got bullied because u the only mage hitter there and sure the rm will targeting u and the map is PVP. So its limited for u to run with many obtacles on the map)

• Upvote 1