Can't Wear Gear Now?

benjudah

Question

I have an old account that I recently recovered. It has been a while since I played but I wanted to visit again and play some more. First thing I noticed was that all the characters skill points are reset. I haven't decided if that's cool yet or not, but I assume this means there was a big change in skills. So any information about this would be helpful. I also noticed that my higher level characters with "better" gear are still equipped with the gear but it is all red and it has the message that "This protector is not for your position. Defensive power is not currently applied". What's that about and how do I fix it?

2 answers to this question

If I'm not wrong, the skills were reseted like 5-6 years ago and there's not a change in the skill tree. I think the reset was just to fix the possibility of hacking the skills of the game, but I'm not sure about this. 

I also noticed that my higher level characters with "better" gear are still equipped with the gear but it is all red and it has the message that "This protector is not for your position. Defensive power is not currently applied". What's that about and how do I fix it?

That message appears when you equip an armor that isn't for your class. I mean:

Mage can equip: Robe
Rogue can equip: Light armor, Robe
Fighter can equip: All armors
Mage can equip: Light armor (only if you have the passive light armor expertise learned and you have equipped 3 light armor parts)

If you don't follow that scheme then you will have that message in your items. Here an example:

VTzcpXu.png
(Rogue using heavy armor)

Maybe you're mage and you lost the light armor passive with the reset and then you have that problem. You only can't equip items with level limit higher than your current level,

2 hours ago, SilverDeer said:

If I'm not wrong, the skills were reseted like 5-6 years ago and there's not a change in the skill tree. I think the reset was just to fix the possibility of hacking the skills of the game, but I'm not sure about this. 

That message appears when you equip an armor that isn't for your class. I mean:

Mage can equip: Robe
Rogue can equip: Light armor, Robe
Fighter can equip: All armors
Mage can equip: Light armor (only if you have the passive light armor expertise learned and you have equipped 3 light armor parts)

If you don't follow that scheme then you will have that message in your items. Here an example:

VTzcpXu.png
(Rogue using heavy armor)

Maybe you're mage and you lost the light armor passive with the reset and then you have that problem. You only can't equip items with level limit higher than your current level,

That's it! Thanks. It is a Cardinal and wearing light armor so I added a point to LAE and POOF! it works now. Now if I can remember the paths I took and skills I had on these guys I can reset their points. I'm exploring the guides section for ideas now, lol.