xClark

Brief Description of Jobs

Luna has a BROAD JOB TREE for each character. Pls take note of the following things before you proceed.

Names with symbols:

* - Fighter Class

@ - Mage Class

# - Rouge Class

Color Name:

Orange - Fighter

Purple/Violet - Mage

Green - Rouge

Class I

*Figher - Basic melee class, uses swords, axes, maces (Take note that it does not have heavy armor expertise till GUARD JOB CHANGE).

@Mage - Basic magic user class.

#Rouge - Class that specializes on bow and daggers.

Class II

*Guard - Fighter class that focuses on defense, 1st job change with HEAVY ARMOR EXPERTISE.

*Warrior - Figther class that focuses on offense, job class which prefers the use of 2 hand weapons. It is a good choice to go into this class when going thru Rune Knight since most of it's passive skills are not available for the elf class. (credits to my guildies from gpotato ~ Syndicate Guild)

@Cleric - Mage class that focuses on support, NO AOE SKILL CLASS except for the fact that it has a group heal ability and LOTS OF BUFFS (Note: support classes are not quite essential till VERY HIGH LVLS, pls be PREPARED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES FOR PLAYING FULL SUPPORT).

@Wizard - Mage class that focuses on offensive magic. Remember to save some SP for your next class, use them wisely!

#Ruffian - Rouge class that specializes on dagger usage. Obtaining Wind Breaking is a MUST!

#Voyager - Rouge class that specializes on bow usage. Almost ALL bow offensive skills have a LONG casting time. Beware!

Class III

*Infantryman - Similar to guard class, focuses on defense with MAGIC TYPE ATTACKS, it means STR does not effect some of its skill's damage. First job to receive ATTRACT CIRCLE skill for luring TONS OF MOBS.

*Swordsman/Swordman - Job class that focuses on using sword weapons. Earliest fighter job-class with Mana Control skill.

*Mercenary - Improved version of warrior, strong job class but LACKS DEFENSE. ONE of the best AoE classes.

@Priest - Improved version of cleric with a few added skills like some debuffs. First class to receive BEHOLDER skill for detecting STEALTH units aka the Thief Class.

@Sorcerer/Sorceress - Improved version of wizard, ONE of the best AoE classes.

@Monk - Special type of mage class with LIGHT ARMOR EXPERTISE skill. SHORT range BUT fast cast and can deal UBER crits. This class lacks AoE skills.

#Archer - Improved version of voyager, still uses bow.

#Thief - Improved version of ruffian, now has STEALTH skill and SUDDEN RAID.

#Scout - Special type of rouge that can weild both DAGGER and BOW. This class also has party buffs. Also has Nature Aid skill.

Class IV

*Phalanx - Improved version of Infantryman. Still focuses on defense. Nothing more to add. :D

*Knight - Improved version of Swordsman. Still focuses on 1 handed weapons. Has Armor and Weapon Synchro skills.

*Gladiator - Improved version of Mercenary. Still LACKS DEFENSE.

*Rune Knight - Special Class that can cast party buffs. Also can cast lots of long range attacks.

@Bishop - Improved version of Priest. Has awesome Divine Heal skill.

@Warlock - Improved version of Sorcerer. Has more FIRE POWER!

@Inquirer - Improved version of monk. Still no AoE skills except for some debuffs. Also has lots of improved buffs with increases magic potency.

@Elemental Master - Similar to Priest but has a few new buffs. Buffs include increase critical rate, critical damage, accuracy, etc. THIS IS A SUPPORT CLASS NOT AN OFFENSIVE ONE.

#Ranger - Improved version of Archer. Nothing special to mention.

#Treasure Hunter - Special class with a few new skills. It has Extortion skills which increases drop rate of items. Hunter Blast skill is GREAT.

#Assasin - Improved version of Thief. A much deadlier version of its predecessor.

#Rune Walker - Improved version of Scout. Has better skills than Scout.

Class V

*Paladin - Improved version of Phalanx. This class is SOOO TOUGH. Uber Hp and Defense. Has decent magic and physical skills. Be careful on which skill you choose. XD

*Panzer - Special type of fighter class which uses GUNS. Yes you read it right, it's GUNS. Compared to the OTHER gun class, this one has better defense and attack speed.

*Crusader - An improved version of Knight. It has lots of new long range MAGIC attacks (wearing a 1-hand wand would be better than a sword if you go for magic attacks).

*Destroyer - The embodiment of Destruction... An improved version of the Gladiator. This class still lacks DEFENSE. Try getting a few evasion up for this chunk of meaty muscle.

*Magnus - Improved version of Rune Knight. This class prefers having stronger auras than offense. Great class for PvE. This class can DUAL WEILD weapons.

*Sword Master - Improved version of Rune Knight. It is similar to Magnus except it has powerful offensive skills. It has better DUAL WEILD passive skills than Magnus.

@Cardinal - Improved version of Bishop. Now this class has the BEST AoE DoT Skill namely Holy Taker. A great end game class to have.

@Soul Arbiter - Improved version of Inquirer. Now it has an AoE stun skill. One of the TOUGHEST, MEATIEST mage class. (Note: I'm not sure if this class is an any race type since it came from the Inquirer, still need to verify it from the original game.)

@Grand Master - Improved version of Warlock. A DEVASTATING SET OF SKILLS PUT INTO ONE CLASS... :lol Btw, some of its skills have long casting time.

@Necromancer - A hybrid version between an Inquirer and a Warlock. It has great def like Monk classes and a few great and improved skills from the Warlock. It has a few distinct skills which require CORPSES.

@Rune Master - An improved version of Elemental Master. It has better buffs and a new skill called Silence Rune (Makes target unable to cast spells for 30secs at lvl 1 *wink*)... This class still lacks offensive skills unlike the Cardinal.

#Arch Ranger - Improved version of Ranger with a few new skills to show off. It is deadly due to its range.

#Sniper - Special type of rouge class which uses GUNS. This is the 2nd class which uses guns aside from the Panzer. This class has better range and critical damage compared to the Panzer.

#Entrapper - An improved version of the Treasure Hunter. Aside from the Extrotion skill, this one can also lay traps. Btw, this is a dagger type class.

#Blade Taker - The true 'Assasin' of Luna. This time it can now DUAL WEILD daggers. It also has many new KILLING SKILLS for you to choose from.

#Temper/Tempest?? Master - If you like 'Archer' from 'Fate Stay Night' then this one is the class for you! This class can DUAL WEILD and use bows at the same time. Although it's not as deadly as Blade Takers, it can strengthen party members due to its powerful party buffs.

*credits to alaric of LetsMMO forums

-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-

omg Clark... i'm confused with that *@#

If u don't mind, please change that with color.. I think will make it easier to read.. ><

yeah Im planning but Im finishing other thread ok?

im sorry if my fact is wrong, but GM is the improved of EM and Necro is the improved of Warlock. They are not hybrid, since the developers gave them specific sets of skills just to make the game balance, thats why cardinal have awesome pawning skills to make up for its stupid skills when their path was cleric,priest and bishop. This applies to necro too since they dont have good defence.

Correct me if im wrong. No offense, just sharing knowlege with other fellow luna-rians

IMO.. GM is improved from Warlock and Necro is kinda mix, while improved version of EM is RM. That's if u take pure path.

Yea developer give specific skills set to make the game balance but it also give each class their specialization if we try to take pure path.

For example :

GM - Warlock. Its specialization is in AoE Damager.

How about GM - EM? Its will be mixed between AoE Damager and buffer.

When u already mixed, that's mean ur path is hybrid.

But, there are some jobs which already mixed like Necro, SwordMaster, Sniper and Panzer. I think there are no pure path for them.

interesting perspectives. well, at least it adds a good deal of variety of gameplay to the game.

Yea.. Pure Path was made for ppl who want to focus on 1 specialization or for ppl who new so they can easily understand each class.

When they already know what each class specialization, they can mix them to make various build.

i swear when luna was recently launched, and when it was my first time playing it, i noticed evryone making a full pure job path since most of the previous online games (i think all of them) all their job path are meant to be played pure path like maplestory and others.

And some bunch of groups noticed u can mix and match job path from different job trees and thus, hybrid was created.

And once again, i swear, ppl thought i was cheating and thinks im abusing the so called "bug" (lol, havent they watched the game trailer?) since i have bishop holy barrier skill and monk holy combos(i was making my 1st experimental necro at that time, nvr knew baho and nvr knew he made a guide for it though).

But today, even newbie knows how to mix and match the job path, looks like time does change, alot..lol

i swear when luna was recently launched, and when it was my first time playing it, i noticed evryone making a full pure job path since most of the previous online games (i think all of them) all their job path are meant to be played pure path like maplestory and others.

And some bunch of groups noticed u can mix and match job path from different job trees and thus, hybrid was created.

And once again, i swear, ppl thought i was cheating and thinks im abusing the so called "bug" (lol, havent they watched the game trailer?) since i have bishop holy barrier skill and monk holy combos(i was making my 1st experimental necro at that time, nvr knew baho and nvr knew he made a guide for it though).

But today, even newbie knows how to mix and match the job path, looks like time does change, alot..lol

lol so agree with u Luu~

and not only in CL but its also same in official.

when i started official server ppl were making only pure path and i got a lot of times abused due to my hybrid mixup( yeah i made hybrid coz i myself was confused in jobs @[email protected]). they called me a weak and noob player.

but lookie~ now everyone is hybrid and pure path r beating head on table for the mistakes~

lol so agree with u Luu~

and not only in CL but its also same in official.

when i started official server ppl were making only pure path and i got a lot of times abused due to my hybrid mixup( yeah i made hybrid coz i myself was confused in jobs @[email protected]). they called me a weak and noob player.

but lookie~ now everyone is hybrid and pure path r beating head on table for the mistakes~

yup!

i was in the same boat as you, being called as a noob and a so-called bug user for being hybrid. I dont mind really at that time since like you, im able to beat them easily with my superior hybrid type. i lmao-ed myself once when my monk-bishop beat a gladiator and a knight, all thanks to the light-armor expertise(no use holy barier n healing xcept curse)..lol

LoL.. Ppl should say thanks to guide maker and skill calc's maker.. xD

First time i play Luna, i collect many guides but still confuse which one is good. Till oneday i found skill calc. x.x

LoL.. Ppl should say thanks to guide maker and skill calc's maker.. xD

First time i play Luna, i collect many guides but still confuse which one is good. Till oneday i found skill calc. x.x

who them? :))

nvr used a skill calculator b4, never knew how to use it to be gin with...

for the guide maker, yup...thanx to them..but i mostly consult to the old veteran sempai(s) for advice, tips and tricks.., since i remembered from one of them told me, "some stuffs and knowledges are not meant to be shared by others openly, they are meant to be shared directly and first-hand"