[Guide] Kai's Critical Mage Path

Kai

Nice guide, I see effort in it. Maybe change the layout a bit? It's hurting my eyes will all the fancy stuffs.

Thnx for mentioning that

in my Next update i will be doing a lot of correction just to make it a little more easily understandable and will include the Main reason for choosing respective Job by surveying all experienced players i know (If they came online duh)

But since my other guide is still in progress...the correction part is a little delayed due to non-cooperative behaviour of players.

Wow..in your experience whats the best you tried here? B)

Well it doesnt matter much what i liked since every player have different way of comfort in training. But if u talk about me who likes Crazyness Training then i only loved Cardina and Soul Arbitter.

I didnt like other Jobs for:

Necro - not bad in training but no stun is great disadvantage (since medusa skill is no more working)

Grand Master - Terribly slow casting ( i usually starts hitting my head on table while waiting for the skill to attack xD)

Rune Master - Its a great class but its pure support which is really a pain for me coz i dont like relying on other players for training.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,sorry im a noob i just want to know something about rune master build.All your stat point goes to Int,why not wis?especially after becoming an RM.

ahhh...finally someone actually mind looking at this xD

dont worry..i was expecting this question ( seriously not this long though..ppl dont like making RM i bet )

its very simple

1. More int u have, more HP u can heal (int affects healing and with high lvl of healing..int can create difference with wis)

2. Wis only gives u magic defence and MP (which is seriously not an issue due to Silence Rune, High lvl Wis Buff and low MP cost of spells + heal)

3. If u felt to keep nuke like divine sword, int will help a lot. If not, still int will power up healing.

U can chose Vit instead of Wis since being pure robe based HP and p.def is a big issue.

But always remember playing a RM job: U r not a Tank...(seriously dont ever try to act like one xD epic fails :P coz robe = no def)

LoL well I play the game with my best friend and she is like "fighter" type.

She loves killing mobs as fast as she could while I prefer to stay behind and do support thing.

I tried making a pure support before and it suck real bad.

I can't even hunt by myself ( i put all stat to WIS ) my level stuck at 53 while my friend already at her 3rd tier.

So i look around and find this thread of yours.

Since this is my first time playing the game i really don't understand about the "path" thingy..

I thought that I should stay to my path all the way to the end ( mage-cleric-priest-etc )

I'm gonna try you RM build , one question though I don't want my character to be too squishy so can i put it 3 INt : 2 Vit ?

What do you think?

That will work out great

but i must warn u still

If u r going to play as RM full support...u cant train alone.

U HAVE to find a partner.

but due to ur freaking buffs...it wont be hard to find one ;)

yay ! Thank you kai *hugs and ruuuunnnnnnnnnnn* :lol:

yey~ <3

ahem....coming back to point...

i m reading my guide thoroughly and i admit that there r some mistakes that needs to be corrected which i m noting down one by one.

Unfortunately my exams, for some reason, are going on without any day gap between them till 8th of June (yea seriously even sunday is exam day -.-")

so sry guys for the delay but i'll update my guide only after those exams.

Oh and one more thing...since there r new rules in PvP in which every single skill is allowed...i will update my guide for that as well so that skills like sleep will make an appearence.

Thats all.

thnx :)

• 2 weeks later...

what is better armor for mage is a L.A.E or R.E?I'm confused...........

If you want to train you defineatly need defence...so LAE is better. For GW, if ur spawn hp is not 4k+ with Light Armour, i suggest you to use faust robe ( no need RE ) so that ur m.atk will remain high even without buffing.

in PvP: for Mage Vs Mage...Faust Robe FTW.

I personally used G.Set only and i nvr lost any fight :) (unless player starts cheating like using stealth/sleep after saying no stealth/sleep, stunning me with RI before i m able to cast a spell and the most annoying part when they say "No Kill me plz" and keeps killing me -.- to show off)

What's better?

Path: Mage>Wizard>Sorcerer>Inquirer>Cardinal

Alt. Path: Mage>Wizard>Monk>Warlock>Cardinal

Please explain pros and cons of each. Thanks.

aaaaaahh!! thats a painful thing to do..but i'll do it soon

Well meh, I made the alt path since I'm more comfortable with it. But please do enumarate. Thanks.

well my guide only follow one path..thats why i decided not to mention any other alt path but on cardinal and grand master i made exception coz the alt path is success as well.

since u asked..here u get~

Cardinal: (First path Vs Second Path)

1. Higher critic chances || Lower critic chances

2. 2 main and one side aoe || Lots of powerful Aoes.

3. 2 Crowd controll spells (cripple and tranquility) but super high cooldown || 1 Crowd controll spell but cooldown time clashes with freeze's time.

4. Higher p.def || comparable lower p.def.

5. comparable low m.atk || higher m.atk.

6. Have only one stun || have 2 stuns with one cooldown clash stun(lightning lvl 20).

7. Can go with and without BoW || Must need BoW to get dependable critical rate.

Can u give some tips on what skill to use first in duel.. and the the skill to f0ll0w ^_^?

well....start of any duel against mage is always with ur best sleep skill. Against rogue/fighter, freeze can work as well but sleep FTW.

after sleep go with stun always and make sure if u have 2 stun skills ( which leaves stars on head ) DONT EVER use them one after another coz if we cast another stun before the stars gets off...the stun fails ( even it shows stars but player can attack ).

after stun go with your strongest nuke and then sleep/freeze again :)

but it needs practice....we cant become number one on our first day xD

and practice means making your own style of combo nobody can predict.

• Jonah unpinned this topic