Serene's Obscene GM (Grand Master) Guide

Serene

kk. So this guide, and build is for humans only. I dont really see too many elf grand masters and my mages are usually human anyway. So let us begin.

Mage: You can just breeze through this till lvl 20

Wizard: Try not to learn too many spells unless you got a skill reset waiting for you. Then by all means learn whatever you want but for me i picked..

Max Wind Spike

Max Intelligence

Max Wizardry

Max Spell Craft

Monk: If you learned Wind Spike that'll be your only AoE for awhile. So party training is always a plus if you get bored of solo killing. The skills here will be your best weapon till 105..

Max Holy Swing

Max Holy Uppercut

Max Holy Spike

Max Bless Vital

Max Intelligence

Max Enhanced HP

Max Twinkle Magic

Max Fortunate Magic

Maxing Light Armor expertise is your choice. I didnt really do it because i try not to get hit that much. At least not at this low level.

Bishop: Yep you need this for a few obvious reasons. The buffs and of course the shrewd. Because you know GMs take quite awhile to cast their awesome spells..

Max Holy Barrier

Max Bless Wind

Max Shield

Max Shrewd Spell

Max Orpheus's Poem

Max Wisdom

Any other buffs is completly up to you. If you like to pvp get beholder. If you want another attack get turn undead. Though lvl 5 turn undead isnt all that great.

Grand Master: Oh yeah! The big 105! Alright. So you skill reset nao. And note. and i mean note. You cant max out all the attacking skills of a grand master. So pick your elements wisely and stick to them! Also dont be like me and get passives first, you wont have any SP for attack for training and you'll be stuck unless you get leeched.

Max Intelligence

Max Wizardry

Max Spell Craft

Max Staff Training

Max Boost Spell

Those are the main things you want to get. Nature's Shield and Mind are optional if you want the extra defence. I can tell you the optimal skills you would want to get to train with are..

Meteor, Blizzard, Greater Thunder. The others are single target and are mostly used for pvp.

Warning! Greater Thunder takes about 7 seconds to cast without Shrewd on. With its about 5 or so. All in all its a really slow spell. So to train as a Grand Master you're gonna need a Tank to help you out most of the time till you think you can solo alone.

Well that about does it I figure. This is just what i remembered off the top of my head when i first made one, failed and remade it. Grand Masters are strong SoBs but they're bad side is they take awhile to cast. If you pvp, make sure you get Lightning Stun, Blizzard and Tornado Uppercut for those pesky melee type characters. Greater Thunder if you just wanna finish with a bang.

So now for the training spots. For a quick run through for the spots you dont need a tank for and then the ones you do..

Gate Of Alker 1 ~ 10

Ruins of Draconian 10 ~ 20 (if you prefer not to move far from Alker)

Tarintus 20 ~ 30

Moon Blind Forest 30 ~ 40

The Way to Howling Ravine 40 ~ 50

Howling Ravine (Cyclops Area) 50 ~ 65

Howling Cave 1F (Orge Area) 65~ 75

Howling Cave 2F (Those other orges like way in the back) 75 ~ 85 (If you prefer to stay there)

Around this time you can DD if you wish to, to make it easier. Do not do the 81 ~ 100 DD because you gain lesser exp from it. Just because you make the level gap doesnt mean you get more exp out of it. Stick to the 61 ~ 80 till about lvl 91 then do the 81 ~ 100 DD.

When you reach 105 and get Grand Master, you're gonna need a tanking buddy. For 1, NH has pesky stunning pirates there and 2 you'll have low def which mean stun lock = death. You can be here. OR you can be in the great garden fighting monsters in spots they dont belong in. But you dont wanna do that, so NH it is till about 109. Then you can go to Flaccids in the Graveyard. and pretty much level there till 120. Of course you can still on and off DD if you get lazy.

Equipment! Yeah that stuff! Well. I personally dont really have set equipment you should use from your low level to your high level. But i'll recommend things. Okay first. If you do follow this. Then DO NOT. Get light armor expertise. Cool? Cool. Okay what you want to get is of course is...

A Spell Master Belt

A full Tarin Set

Athena's Mithril Hammer or Medusa's Staff

Aias's Shield

Gemini and Castor Earrings

Heart Stone of Evil or Hathor rings with Vit Philo

Hellopolis Cloak

The shoes and gloves of the Faust Robe set

Kynee of course.

Why that stuff? Well the Tarin set comes with alot of int on it and also the full set adds 13% casting speed, and yes. You want that as a grand master. The hammer or the staff can work, but i prefer the hammer because no HP loss, and it adds INT as well. Also, unless you're really good at clicking, at times when you cast a long spell you'll automatically normal attack right after doing one if you're not quick to move to another spot if you use a staff. A wand or the hammer would prevent that from happening and instead you'd just run up to attack instead of wasting like 3 seconds to hit them with some usless ball of whatever. The shield is ideal of course. Gemini and Castor for the 5% magic attack. Heart stones for more INT or Hathor's with good Vit Philo for HP. Hellopolis because i mean. You're a mage and it has 1% magic attack. The shoes and glove of the Faust Robe because it adds some little itty bitty stats from is bonus that arent that good but i couldnt find anything to replace the glove and shoes that the Tarin set lacks. If you have something better feel free to sub those in instead. And of course the ideal Kynee for stealth purposes.

As for Stat build goes. 100 Vit is good enough to get you about 11k HP with good vit reinforces and philos or maybe even more. The rest of the points go into INT like a good mage should.

I think that about covers everything. If you have any questions or comments please leave em here. No slander please. This is my first guide like ever, so bear with me lol. This is Serene and these are my Obscene guides to Luna.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It says patk, but increases matk. I tried it right before my job change reskill to be sure, and my matk went waayy up - it's just a typo.

and Nanda, imo the ability to go monk or inquirer is much better than what an elf offers:

monk/inquirer: more pdef (21% at monk) than nature's buffs, more crit, LAE, cripple if inq

elf: 8% p/mdef, some melee buffs, no LAE

It's down to personal preference, but I'd never choose elf to be any mage that doesn't become SA or RM (or maybe like a support cardi). The benefits of the human-only classes are far too great to pass up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It says patk, but increases matk. I tried it right before my job change reskill to be sure, and my matk went waayy up - it's just a typo.

and Nanda, imo the ability to go monk or inquirer is much better than what an elf offers:

monk/inquirer: more pdef (21% at monk) than nature's buffs, more crit, LAE, cripple if inq

elf: 8% p/mdef, some melee buffs, no LAE

It's down to personal preference, but I'd never choose elf to be any mage that doesn't become SA or RM (or maybe like a support cardi). The benefits of the human-only classes are far too great to pass up.

lul.....

your damage is already amazing so no need for crit and why even go for def either way youll die like nothing so might as well try to get more m attack

• 1 month later...

2 question; is kynee really necessary if I'm using full tarintus set? And Since I'm using Tarintus set is it better to up robe expertise rather than Light Armor expertise?

*too long never play CL so I've totally lost knowledge of how to play CL =P*

just get a clean kynee for stealth purpose if u are using tarintus set,

put kynee, stealth, and t.helm at the quick slot so u can switching between kynee and t.helm easily.

robe expertise of course xD

er...if u use tarintus set, I recommended to use "Artifact: Secret Ancient Formula Glove" and lvl 115 Shoes (robe) with 28++int craft,

light armor expertise is only if u use gardener or other light armor set :) goodluck~

• Upvote 1

• Jonah unpinned this topic