Magnus Guide

Fire

Introduction

Magnus are one of the most balanced classes in the game. They are also amongst the best guild war classes. They are extremely fast casters (maybe the fastest), which means with your speed you can land the first stun and kill anyone.

Notice: This guide is how I play my own magnus and what I find works. You can play your magnus however way you want, these are just guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask me.

Path

Warrior > swordsman ( I personally went infantry, it really doesn’t matter) > knight > Magnus

Attack Skills

Combo: Rune Impact, Sonic Boom, Double Sonic Boom

Get Earthquake, its recommended you have it and decide if you want to max it or not as you war more and more. I find myself using it a lot when I am in a big war. Your strategy is to have a safe distance and kill with booms. You will need RI for stronger foes and Rogues with high evasion.

Buffs

Vital: Fighter Heart, Rampage Aura, Shield Aura, Accuracy Aura, Solid Weapon, Warrior Form

Recommended: Bless Guard, Nature Shield, nature mind (once you have extra sp)

Magnus have a special skill, which is an almost spammable barrier, called Protection Aura. It comes in handy when you want to bully the other guild.

Passives

Vital: Risk Taker, Axe Training, Heavy Armor Expertise

Recommended: Axe Mortality (you will want as high critical as you can get), Armor Synchro (it’s useful for traveling around luna as well as catching your foes when they try to run), Enhanced HP.

Armor/Weapon:

Golden Ax or Mighty Scepter (g.ax recommended)

T belt Strength or Eros's

The Hidden Power Mark set or chain gloves and Living body/Chivalry

craft iron chain plate

craft 115 shoes or iron chain boots

hathor, flicks, kynee

One thing that is recommended you do is balance your equipment. For example, buy a high craft str item and then reinforce with vit. Its recommended you do that but u can always go all out on one thing. Also try to get a high crit rate, that is why you are using hidden set. Try to make your philo vit with crit rate. For other gear related stuff, click here.

Costume/accessories:

BWL if u can afford, or use panda (5% defense one)

Shinigami gloves or toothbrush

panda boots, any patt. Head gear, crit slime

sunflower or Mirror of Cosmic Dual Force

Phixus, Legend or KOD

Commonly Asked Questions

Does Magnus need Strike?

No, magnus do not need strike. All you need to do is get a high patt and you can avoid getting strike gear. Why? If you have high enough patt 7k+,you will be able to one hit most rogues and two hit the rest.

What do I put as my stats?

Your priority should be to get high patt, so put all your stats into str. Try to get at least 7k patt.

Why don't you have guide for 1h and shield Magnus?

I’ve found that the offensive magnus is vastly superior to the defensive one. Why? A defensive magnus(1h and shield) is like a nerfed paladin. If you want to be the best at defense, there is a much better way and that is paladin (path: Warrior > Infantry/Swordsman > Rune Knight > Paladin). You will get almost all the magnus skills doing this but have a much, much higher block rate and defense. I think the best way to play magnus, from my own experience, is to be an offensive magnus.

Why not dual wield Magnus?

There is a reason why there are almost no dual wield Magnus. It is not good. You won't be able to use earthquake/crash blow and you will loose your high crit rate which are like the only things that makes you different from Sword Master. If you want dual wield, Sword Mater is a much better option as you will get dual passives, higher p.att and higher level boom.

Guide from the Beginning up to Magnus

Leveling up with 1h is extremely hard (by that I mean it takes FOREVER) outside of DD so I do not recommend it to anyone. I suggest, if you want to go 1h Magnus, you level up with 2h and then reskill.

Notice: I stole xDMC4Credo information from his destroyer guide and slightly edited it to fit Magnus. I can do this because he belongs to me<33 and because up until 105, you will both be doing the same thing as you are following the same path. Anyways, thanks and the credit belongs to you.

What skills should I get?

Fighter (Lvl 01 - 19)

- Uppercut (Max)

- Axe Training (Max)

- Two-handed Training (Max)

- Fighter’s Heart (Max)

- Enhanced HP (Optional)(Not recommended)

Warrior (Lvl 20 – 39)

- Crash Blow (Max)

- Uppercut (Max)

- Axe Training (Max)

- Two-handed Training (Max)

- Fighter's Heart (Max)

- Warrior Form (Max)

- Risk Taker (Max)

- Wheel Wind (Lvl. 1)

- Axe Mortality (Max)

Swordman (Lvl 40-74)

- Crash Blow > Burning Crash (Max)

- Uppercut > Earthquake (Max)

- Sword Storm (Lvl. 1)

- Sword Accuracy (Max)(Optional)

- Two Handed Training (Max)

- Spirit Sword (Lvl 1)(Optional)

- Sonic Boom (Lvl 1)

- Heavy Weapon Accuracy (Max)(Optional)

Knight Lv. 75 - 104

- solid Weapon (Max)

- Attract Circle (Lvl. 1) – Main Lurer Skill

- Blessing Guard (Max)

- Heavy Armor Expertise (Max)

- Armor Synchro (Optional)

- Weapon Synchro (Optional)(Not Recommended)

- Axe Mortality (Max)

- Axe Training (Max)

- Spirit Sword (Lvl 1)(Optional)

When you get Magnus, you need to reskill to fit the above skills that I put up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equipments

Lvl 1 - 82

Buy equips from Shops (Alker Harbor - Zakandia - Naila Village)

Lvl 82-105

Seven Guardian's Set or Berserker set(optional, not recommended)

- Armor with Vit reinforce and Str philo or viceversa.

- Gloves with Str reinforce and Vit philo.

- Boots with Vit Reinforce and Str philo

Chivalry of the Church

Dragon Slayer - Weapon Master/Berserker Belt if you cant afford the Tbelt

Crit slime

Glasses with 5 Str/Vit

Kimball's Axe

2 Earring of Flickering Magic (Str Philo)

2 NPC Rings (Vit Philo)

Crocodile's Great Helm or whatever it's called (+15 Str), Dex Reinforce + Str Philo

Mirror of Cosmic Dual Force

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where should I level?

Lvl 1-10: Gate of Alker

Lvl 11-20: Zakandia Outpost

Lvl 21-30: Tarintus

Lvl 31-40: Moon Blind Forest

Lvl 41-50: The way to the howling ravine.

Lvl 51-60: Howling Ravine

Lvl 61-80: Date Dungeon 61-80

Lvl 81-88: The valley of fairy

Lvl 89-95: Ghost Tree Swamp

Lvl 96-105: Naila harbor

Lvl 105-115: Grave of the Knights (Wild Dementors)

Lvl 115+ : Grave of the Knights (Ghost Esquires/Knights + Tombstones)

LVL At these spots when you don't have DDs, do your daily 10 DDs to lvl its always faster than any kind of lvling unless you got 100%s.

TIP: Try to make an Alternative Char (opposite sex) to date yourself, so you can let your alt die and get full exp from DD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

do i need to use 2handed axe or 1handed only?

Commonly Asked Questions

What gear should I use?

Armor:

Golden Ax or Mighty Scepter (g.ax recommended)

2h axe, you can also use mace for higher defense. You will have same p.att as axe if you use a mighty scepter but you will loose crit rate that you would originally get from g.ax and axe passive. My recommendation, again, is to use g.ax, stick to 2h. G.ax is best because you get movement speed and crit rate, which is most useful in wars.

Introduction

Magnus are one of the most balanced classes in the game. They are also amongst the best guild war classes. They are extremely fast casters (maybe the fastest), which means with your speed you can land the first stun and kill anyone.

Does Magnus need Strike?

No, magnus do not need strike. All you need to do is get a high patt and you can avoid getting strike gear. Why? If you have high enough patt 7k+,you will be able to one hit most rogues and two hit the rest.

i think youre wrong.. yes you dont need strike on pvp.. coz you can stun lock your opponent.. but in guild war? what if 4v4 war? and your enemy have 3 rogues? youre dead.. coz RI cooldown is not so fast. yes you can kill 1 rogue.. but after that youre dead coz you need to wait your RI's cooldown.. :D but if you are a strike type.. they die before they reach you coz you have sonic and dual sonic..

here is the good tip.. make STR set and STRIKE set.. :)

LOL guild war is about team work most of the time. I havn't had 4 eva rogues but ive had 2 at the same time, which is when I just ask a mage from my guild to take care of it.

you can make strike set and a str set if u got the money or go str + strike gear if u want. I tell people no you don't need strike because then you have three things to worry about: p.att, defense and strike and you can't have the best from all thee worlds. I think its better to concentrate on two, and patt. and defense seems to work very well.

Ughh. Sir, Why KOD?

In guild war, you will be running around a lot, to catch people and to run away. You are usually doing mid range, so run and use booms or run in, use RI or earthquake and run out. I also really like KOD cape...

Hmm... How about Legend? It's faster i think.. xD

faster, add def, but expensive..

well.. i think much better than KoD.. xDD

I was compairing speeds, which is about the same. Yeah, legend is better cape overall of course. I just perfer KOD because i like how it looks better...

axe-crits

sword-attack speed

correct if I'm wrong

Yeah thats right, thats the passives that the weapons have if u care to level up the passives.

• 3 weeks later...