[Fighter] Magnus: Phalanx or Knight? Decide Here and Now!

SpeedyCat

These are the two most common Magnus paths, but some people is having a hard time

choosing the best for their play style, so i gathered some info about the most important diferences regarding skills and passives. I hope this mini guide helps someone who (like me) have trouble deciding their paths xD.

Dont forget: It’s important that you pick the one that’s best suited to you.

Phalanx - Defensive Type, have much less attacking power but more physical defense than Knight. Ideal for pure tank.

Invulnerable lv1 - Invulnerable to damage for 8 seconds, but cannot move for the duration.(VERY nice)

Relaxation lv2 - Passive skill that increases hp regen by 12

Troopership L4 - Passive skill that increases physical defense by 9%.

(This skill is bugged. Works even if you're not in a party)

Blessing guard L6 -Self buff that increases the physical defense by 6%

Heavy Armor Expertise lv20 - Passive skill that increases physical defense by 23,28% when using heavy armors

and increases your VIT by 10.

Axe Training lv10 - Passive skill that increases physical attack by 8,11% when using axes.

Mace Training lv10 - Passive skill that increases physical attack by 8,47% when using maces.

Knight - Balanced Type, 5 less levels of HAE than Phalanx, but with a lot more attack power, ideal for grinding and can tank very well.

Divine Justice lv1 - Increases hp regen by 300 for 30 secs. Cooldown 5 min.

Blessing guard L5 - Self buff that increases the physical defense by 5%.

Sword Storm - Sword only AOE skill

Solid Weapon lv2 - Self buff that increases the physical attack power by 15%

Armor Synchro lv1 - Increases movement speed by 10% when using heavy armor

Weapon Synchro lv1 - Increases attack speed by 5%

Heavy Armor Expertise lv15 - Passive skill that increases physical defense by 17,41% when using heavy armors

and increases your VIT by 8.

Axe Training lv15 - Passive skill that increases physical attack by 12,06% when using axes.

Mace Training lv15 - Passive skill that increases physical attack by 12,62% when using maces.

- Source: Ingame descriptions and skillcalc v4.

- I have only listed the most important stuff. If you know any skill that is helpful please let me know.

- You can get Troopership lv2 from Infantryman (increases physical defense by 7%.)

- Magnus have Shield Training lv15, Sword Training lv 20 and Sonic Boom lv25 so no problem here.

- Phalanx also have Holy Strike lv 15 (Infantryman have lv10), but i dont have much info on that skill (int based?).

Please feed with more info or corrections... Sorry about the english, im from Mars!

Edited by SpeedyCat
  • Upvote 1