Rookie's Chaotic Necromancer Guide

Rookie

Welcome to my first guide. This guide will be my hand, take it and I’ll lead the way. My IGN is Rookie and you can note me if you have any further questions.

Necromancers are evil practitioners of black magic. They are not good at hand-to-hand combat, but are able to perform dark rituals causing their enemies to suffer and perish in terrible ways. They have the ability to animate the dead, creating undead servants to do their bidding. Powerful necromancers are rumored to have the ability to create more exotic forms of undead, each much stronger than the last in order to inflict horrifying injuries on their opponents. Many of these evil sorcerers carry exotic material components which are required to perform the rituals, available only from the apothecary of the Necromancy class hall. Although the mentally gifted are more suited to the magical arts of necromancy, a wise member of the profession will not neglect his or her combat skills, being always ready to back up their magical abilities and undead servants with the strength of steel. Being generally weak in combat, good agility and general health are important to avoid and resist the blows of opponents.

This path will teach you the way of an anti-tanker. Getting to the end will be hard, but I learned that it was well worth it. For those of you interested, the path is Mage > Wizard > Monk > Bishop > Necromancer.

*I also recommend going full INT until you are ready to become a VIT type.

Stage 1: The Mage Class (Level 1-20)

Holy Strike (5/5) * This is really all you need. When you become a bishop, you can evolve this skill into the Divine Sword spell.

Buffs:

Intelligence (1/1) Max

Wisdom (1/1) Max

Bless Heart (1/1) Max * HP recovery rate increases.

Stage 2: The Wizard Class (Level 20-40)

Wind Spike (5/5) Max * Even though this is an extremely weak AoE, it’s the only one you have until the necromancer class.

Bloodstream (1/10) * Level 1 should be enough for the beginning.

Buffs:

Intelligence (2/2) Max

Wizardry (2/2) Max

Passives skills:

Spell Craft (5/5) Max

Stage 3: The Monk Class (Level 40-75)

Holy Uppercut (1/15) * Increase these as much as you like, but I recommend keeping them at level 1 until bishop class because you are going to need a lot of SP for the supporting buffs later.

Holy Swing (1/15) * Increase these as much as you like, but I recommend keeping them at level 1 until bishop class because you are going to need a lot of SP for the supporting buffs later.

Holy Spike (1/15) * Increase these as much as you like, but I recommend keeping them at level 1 until bishop class because you are going to need a lot of SP for the supporting buffs later.

Buffs:

Intelligence (3/3) Max

Fortunate Magic (1/1) Max

Twinkle Magic (2/2) Max

Armor Link (4/4) Max

Wisdom (3/3) Max

Bless Vital (4/4) Max

Bless Mind (2/2) [Optional] Max * MP recovery rate increases.

Bless Heart (3/3) [Optional] Max * HP recovery rate increases.

Lace (1/1) [Optional] Max * Improves your HP recovery rate at the cost of MP per second. The toll is not too bad, so I recommend it for survival.

Passives:

Light Armor Experience (10/10) Max * Make sure you only wear light armor. Mixing Light armor with Robe armor will nullify the effects from this passive skill.

Enhanced HP (15/15) [Optional]

Vital Control (5/5) [Optional]

Stage 4: The Bishop Class (Level 75-105)

Holy Strike (10/10) Max [This becomes Divine Sword]

Divine Sword (10/10) Max

Turn Undead (5/5) Max * Warning: This skill consumes a lot of SP.

Fast Heal (1-16/20) * Level 1 is fine, but the healing speed increases at level 16. From levels 1-15, the cast time is 1.6 seconds while at level 16-20, the cast time is only 0.8 seconds long. The CD is relatively low either way.

Sacrifice (2/2) [Optional] * This skill can be very handy when in a large party. By sacrificing some of your own health, you can heal everyone in your party within the skill’s range. This should really be only used in a pinch since it also has a long CD. You can quickly recover your own health with fast heal after this has been casted.

Buffs:

Divine Heal (3/3) [Optional] * This skill heals the target’s HP over time.

Mana Blast (2/2) [Optional] * This recovers the target’s Mana over time.

Orpheus’s Poem (2/2) Max * This party buff gives a great boost of magical attack to you and your party members who are close enough to receive it.

Wisdom (6/6) Max

Shield (6/6) Max

Mind Barrier (6/6) [Optional] * Increases the magical defense of the target.

Shrewd Spell (3/3) Max * Increases casting speed by 40%.

Bless Wind (5/5) [Optional] * Increases the walking and running speeds of the target.

Blessed Heart (5/5) [Optional] * HP recovery rate increases.

Bless Mind (5/5) [Optional] * MP recovery rate increases.

Intensive Mana (3/3) [Optional] * This reduces the amount of Mana consumed by up to 3%. This party buff affects everyone within its range.

Holy Barrier (5/5) Max

Beholder (7/7) Max

Lace (2/2) [Optional] * Improves your HP recovery rate at the cost of MP per second. The toll is not too bad, so I recommend it for survival.

Stage 5: The Necromancer Class (Level 105-133+)

*Finally, use your reskill here. If you feel like you need more SP, continue on leveling to your hearts content.

The Spear (10/10) Max * This single target skill is based on magical attack. This skill has an immunity to the Silence skill from Rune Masters, despite it being an INT based skill, allowing you to still be able to hit them.

Soul Squeeze (5/5) Max

Holy Strike (10/10) Max [This becomes Divine Sword]

Divine Sword (10/10) Max

Vital Explosion(10/10) Max

Blizzard (21/25) * This skill consumes over 600 MP at its max level. At this level, you can freeze a group of enemies for 12.6 seconds with a 95% success rate.

Meteor (15/20) * This is a strong AoE skill that has a long CD and is powerful enough to handle large mobs. Its best to keep it at level 15 is because at level 16-20, the skill does get stronger, but the cast time increases tremendously. To save time, I recommend keeping this skill at level 15.

Corpse Take (1/5) * This is a unique skill that does no damage to enemies. This skill acts similar to Attract Circle, letting you take on more monsters in one mob than anyone else without Attract circle, Attract, or Induce. Once you use this skill on a mob, and manage to kill them, you heal yourself once for every monster killed with the Corpse Take effect on them. The healing is based off of your Magical Attack, making it equivalent to your Fast Heal skill times the amount of monsters killed at the same time.

Buffs:

Intelligence (8/8) Max

Wizardry (8/8) Max

Orpheus’s Poem (2/2) Max * This party buff gives a great boost of magical attack to you and your party members who are close enough to receive it.

Devils Armor (10/10) Max

Twinkle Magic (5/5) Max

Fortunate Magic (1/1) Max

Shield (6/6) Max

Armor Link (4/4) Max

Bless Vital (4/4) Max

Wisdom (6/6) Max

Mind Barrier (6/6) [Optional] * Increases the magical defense of the target.

Bless Wind (5/5) [Optional] * Increases the walking and running speeds of the target.

Blessed Heart (5/5) [Optional] * HP recovery rate increases.

Bless Mind (5/5) [Optional] * MP recovery rate increases.

Divine Heal (3/3) [Optional] * This skill heals the target’s HP over time.

Mana Blast (2/2) [Optional] *This recovers the target’s Mana over time.

Intensive Mana (3/3) [Optional] * This reduces the amount of Mana consumed by up to 3%. This party buff affects everyone within its range.

Holy Barrier (5/5) Max

Beholder (7/7) Max

Lace (3/3) [Optional] Max * Improves your HP recovery rate at the cost of MP per second. The toll is not too bad, so I recommend it for survival.

Passives:

Light Armor Experience (20/20) Max * Make sure you only wear light armor. Mixing Light armor with Robe armor will nullify the effects from this passive skill.

Spell Craft (20/20) Max

Enhanced HP (15/15) [Optional]

Vital Control (5/5) [Optional]

Stage 6: End Game (Level 133-140+)

*Use your final reskill here. Welcome to the end.

Venom Cloud (30/30) Max

Envenom(25/25) Max

Divine Judgment (10/10) [Optional] *This becomes Divine curse at level 11.

Divine Curse (10/10) [Optional]

Burning Fire (25/25) [Optional]

Fire Blast (25/25) [Optional]

Blizzard (21/25) * This skill consumes over 600 MP at its max level, but also lasts for 15.8 seconds with a 95% success rate. At level 21, you can freeze a group of enemies for 12.6 seconds with a 95% success rate.

The Spear (1-10/10) [Optional] * This single target skill is based on magical attack. This skill has an immunity to the Silence skill from Rune Masters, despite it being an INT based skill, allowing you to still be able to hit them.

Angelic Touch (10/10) [Optional] * Angelic Touch becomes Angelic Breath at level 11.

Angelic Breath (10/10) [Optional] * At max level, this skill can put the target to sleep for 30 seconds.

Sleeping Soul (2/2) [Optional] * Has a 70% chance to put a target to sleep for 11.8 seconds. This is great if you want a sleep move, but don't have much SP to max Angelic Breath.

Divine Hold (15/15) * This skill snares a group of enemies within the skill’s range to keep them in the same spot for some time. This does not stun, so be careful of distance attacks.

Holy Spike (1-15/15) [Optional] * This skill Reduces the attacking speed of the target. It’s a close combat skill, so it may be risky.

Great Heal (20/20) Max * This skill heals the target for roughly 3.6k, but it varies on your magical attack slightly.

Curse Weakness (10/10) Max * This skill reduces all of the enemies stats by 100. It also makes it much harder for them to land a critical hit.

Bloodstream (1-20/20)

Cure Poison (9/9) [Optional] Max * Once maxed, you can cure the target from poisons up to level 25. Cardinals are the only class with level 10 Cure Poison, which is the only thing that renders you useless, besides Silence from Rune Masters.

Buffs:

Devils Armor (10/10) Max

Shield (6/6) Max

Armor Link (4/4) Max

Bless Vital (4/4) Max

Wisdom (6/6) Max

Mind Barrier (6/6) [Optional] Max * Increases the magical defense of the target.

Bless Wind (5/5) Max * Increases the walking and running speeds of the target.

Blessed Heart (5/5) Max * HP recovery rate increases.

Bless Mind (5/5) Max * MP recovery rate increases.

Divine Heal (3/3) [Optional] Max * This skill heals the target’s HP over time.

Mana Blast (2/2) Max * This recovers the target’s Mana over time.

Intensive Mana (3/3) [Optional] Max * This reduces the amount of Mana consumed by up to 3%. This party buff affects everyone within its range.

Holy Barrier (5/5) Max

Beholder (7/7) Max

Lace (3/3) Max * Improves your HP recovery rate at the cost of MP per second. The toll is not too bad, so I recommend it for survival.

Passives:

Light Armor Experience (20/20) Max * Make sure you only wear light armor. Mixing Light armor with Robe armor will nullify the effects from this passive skill.

Magic Barrier (15/15) Max

Enhanced HP (15/15) Max * This passive gives you a bonus of 2% HP and adds 675 HP along with 3 points to your recovery rate.

Vital Control (5/5) Max * HP Recovery + 15.

At End Game, you will need to learn both Venom Cloud and Envenom, but the other DoT’s are good as well, though you will never have enough SP for all of them, so pick one at least and keep it with your Envenom and Venom Cloud. Necromancers are great allies in wars, large or small. With extremely high defensive stats, they can even last against a Destroyers mighty blade! Necromancers have incredible debuffs to add on to their diverse arsenal of attacks, and can be the difference between victory or defeat. With the range of nearly all your skills, you can set up traps and create awesome tactics during wars and duels!

Hopefully this guide was good and please send me feedback! Any tips or questions are always welcomed!

[update]: This link will help you expand your knowledge about every mage in the game. Click on the class to find detailed descriptions of each individual skill that gives you exact information that the skill calculator wont! http://lunaonlinefullsupport.webs.com/ This can help with not only my guide, but with every mage guide on the forums.

• Upvote 19
  • Downvote 2

This is a list of recommended gear that could work well for you at the end of the game. This list is just a blueprint, so you can change this any way you want.

Helmet: +12 Knyee +35 WIS[r] 15++ VIT[p]

Armor: Level 115 +12Light Armor +30 VIT [c] +25 VIT [r] +15++ VIT [p]

Gloves: +12Gardiner Gloves +24 VIT [c] +35 WIS [r] +15++ VIT [p]

Boots: Level 115 +12Light Armor +30 VIT [c] +25 VIT[r] +15++ VIT [p]

Shield: +12Aias

Weapon: +7/12Diren +30++ M Atk [r] +10++ VIT [p]

Cape: Legend Cape +10++ VIT [p] / Hellen Cape +5% M Atk [p]

Belt: DS Belt - Armor +40++ Speed [p]

Head: Green Lizard / Healthy Worm

Face: +5 STR-VIT Glasses / VIP Eyepatch

Badge: Hibiscus / Gift from the Sage

Necklace: +7/12Farouk's Crystal ball +500 HP [r] +10 VIT++[p]

Earring: +7Flickering +18++ MP recovery [r] +10++ VIT [p]

Earring: +7Flickering +600++ MP [r] +10++ VIT [p]

Ring: +7Phantasmal +18++ HP recpvery [r] +10++ VIT [p] / +40++ Speed [p]

Ring: +7Harthor +18++ HP Recovery [r] +20++ VIT [p]

Hat Costume: Frankinstien / Kolob or Lizardman / VIP Hat

Body Costume: +15% Costume / Panda Body / BWS * Private Donation item

Glove Costume: Shini Gloves / Kolob or Lizardman

Boot Costume: Panda Boots / Kolob or Lizardman

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Job change locations for this path are these:

Mage: N/A

Wizard: Farouk (Alker Harbor)

Monk: Farouk (Alker Harbor)

Bishop: Priestess Luna (Alker Harbor)

Necromancer: Cindamonk (Nera Castletown)

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. When you reach your desired level, swap to full VIT and reskill to get all of the skills you think you will want or need (using my guide as a blueprint). Until then, either use pure INT stats and gears, or mix VIT with INT to level up at Graves and to Dungeon Date.

• 1 month later...

Sir Rookie , ,I follow ur path , , but I wanna keep my necro at 106 only for war , ,could u tell me what skill should i take that could grant me absolute victory in war? xD

Sir Rookie , ,I follow ur path , , but I wanna keep my necro at 106 only for war , ,could u tell me what skill should i take that could grant me absolute victory in war? xD

You can basically use anything really. VC might not be that strong at level 106, but remain INT based regardless. You can still restat to full VIT and just use INT primary gears mixed with some VIT to survive longer. Do not get Fire Blast. If you prefer to lock them, and then kill them, don't use any DoT skills. For the single target skills, get Soul Squeeze and The Spear. For a third one, either go for Turn Undead, or level 20 Divine Sword. Both have around the same power, but DS is somewhat spammable. Pick whichever does not take up as much SP.
  • Upvote 1