I'm sorry Antoni77, I do have facebook but for some strange reason my computer don't like it and wont let me see it. Maybe i should try my phone. Thanks Peterz, you just put a smile in my face :)

hmm okay, or maybe you can PM me if you want ask some of Indonesian words too

I've recently discovered that there's no difference in plural and singular in sentences like "buku ini hitam" or "apa itu?" (which would translate to "This/These book/books is/are red" and "what is/are this/those?") and I know that usually it's assumed to be singular if it's not indicated otherwise. My question is how does one indicate in Indonesian when something is plural?

On another note I've learned so far 11 words (written), started on 11 new ones(may add some more) and hopefully learn how to pronounce them once  a certain someone from my guild(not telling who :P but he's Indo) to have everything set up for raidcall^^.

I've recently discovered that there's no difference in plural and singular in sentences like "buku ini hitam" or "apa itu?" (which would translate to "This/These book/books is/are red" and "what is/are this/those?") and I know that usually it's assumed to be singular if it's not indicated otherwise. My question is how does one indicate in Indonesian when something is plural?

On another note I've learned so far 11 words (written), started on 11 new ones(may add some more) and hopefully learn how to pronounce them once  a certain someone from my guild(not telling who :P but he's Indo) to have everything set up for raidcall^^.

In Indonesia, we can tell a noun is plural when the noun is pronounced twice, it's like :

"buku-buku ini hitam" = "these books are black"

"Pindahkan kotak-kotak di gudang!" = "Move the boxes in the warehouse"

So, you just have to write double words in order to imply that it is a plural word. Note : not all double words mean plural, they sometimes mean different if it's a verb.

I would love to but if you live in Indonesia, there's a 12 hour difference from where I'm from. I usually stay up late and wake up early to hang with my friends so if your up for it I'm always happy to party*.

*note: to players that want to party with me, if I don't know you in forum then I wont party. I've had bad experiences with random rude party members that either distressed me or my friends. So if you want to party pm your ign to me and then I'll decide to party or not with you( so if you're a good person in forums then the answer is yes).

On another note, I would like to thank Antoni77 for the extra info on colors(and their inside joke). Although I'm still a little skeptical about the tertiary colors(no offence to Antoni77, it's just too easy to learn) so I'm posting it here. Are the tertiary colors really said and written just like in English?

I would love to but if you live in Indonesia, there's a 12 hour difference from where I'm from. I usually stay up late and wake up early to hang with my friends so if your up for it I'm always happy to party*.

*note: to players that want to party with me, if I don't know you in forum then I wont party. I've had bad experiences with random rude party members that either distressed me or my friends. So if you want to party pm your ign to me and then I'll decide to party or not with you( so if you're a good person in forums then the answer is yes).

On another note, I would like to thank Antoni77 for the extra info on colors(and their inside joke). Although I'm still a little skeptical about the tertiary colors(no offence to Antoni77, it's just too easy to learn) so I'm posting it here. Are the tertiary colors really said and written just like in English?

You know me :p

Ok I've learned quite a few words now but a little confused about Indo sounds like wkwkwkwk <--what does that mean? and if there's others please post it here with their definition I really want to learn everything^^.

Ok I've learned quite a few words now but a little confused about Indo sounds like wkwkwkwk <--what does that mean? and if there's others please post it here with their definition I really want to learn everything^^.

You know how donald duck laugh? Thats it :3

@ Ascension that's hilarious

@ Kasumi that would be nice^^, I was interested in Indonesia at first because it was a place I didn't knew about and now  I'm fascinated by the it's cultures, people and fauna and have become a little like a anthropologist. It's nice to learn from others^^.

Anyways, I have a question about trusting google translate. I have resorted google translate because there's very limited resources for me to learn from and wanted to know: the way google pronounced Indo words is it accurate? It's perfect in English (as expected) and it does ok in Spanish (it's not perfect but one can understand pretty good) ,however, the voice they use for Indo is robotic and monotone and I want to know if there are any strong vowel sound changes. ex. the way Americans and Chinese say america sounds like A*\* me*-* ri*-* ka*/* or is it monotone like the Japanese language A*-* me*-* ri*-* ka*-*? And is it ok to use it to find individual words (I wont use it for sentence structure since it butcher's the sentence structure in Spanish). I know there are sound changes in the way that a vowel becomes silent or it changes the sound completely I just don't know if the vowel sound can sometimes be said sharper, softer, looped(like in Spanish), or left as is.

• Upvote 1

So I was bored this night and decided to roam the forum and read some topics out there and you, StarStruck, your avatar took my attention (I think It's because your avatar is like my friend's avatar) and somehow I decided to stalk, uh I mean, to take a little look of your profile to see if you are an old friend of mine coming back or et cetera.. 

"She's 38831st, I think she's not her. But, ooh, what a very long bio she got there", my first thought on your profile page.. I usually skip every block of text I saw but I don't know why I decided to read your bio and I'm sorry to hear (well figuratively hear) your problem and I hope things get better for you.. (And how to pronounce your name? ;P)

Enough stal, ummmm, profile-reading, I went to the off topic section and an unread topic titled Indonesia started by StarStruck took my other attention.. "Is she the girl before, from the states? I bet she's complaining about some Indonesian player annoying her.. Mwahahahhahaha..", said a speculative mind from my head.. Then I opened the topic..

Another blocks of text!!! Dang!! But, again, I don't know why I managed to read it..

What the fu did I just read!? Shocked, but I decided to read the full topic despite my eyes started to burn (because I hate very long texts).. Speechless, four words came out of my mind, this girl is crazy.. Well not in a literal meaning of it but what I really mean is you, StarStruck, you are the most amazing person I have ever saw on the Internet because of your curiosity, your interest, and your eagerness in learning other people language and culture, and I think USA lacks people like you.

And now, I hereby declare you the title of the most amazing-est person of the day because you just made my day (well night actually)!

You took my attention, girl.. (I'm not someone so let's just ignore these two sentence..) :)

Will you go out with me? (I lol'd hard on that part) xD

EDIT: Quite an irony isn't it? I wrote a lengthy text above but I hate those kind of things..

• Upvote 1

Oooooooooh~~~~ XD *cheers on aael*

and to keep it on topic

sometimes the wkwkwkw laugh gets lots of variety in writing such as wakakakakaka or kwkwokwowkwo,etc etc. generally means the same as lol.

also they're not gonna be spelled in conversation. who would say "waka waka waka" (pacman style) in front of people? it's like the same as shouting lol in front of someone  instead of laughing xD

@ aael, I don't think I'm that special ^^;, I'm just girl that is very curious and has an over active imagination. O///O you want to go out with me!? Well I just recently got my heart broken and I'm still in love with that man so I can't go out with you since my heart wouldn't be in it, sorry. You sound like a fun person to be with though^^

@SnowTheWolf Oh I didn't knew there was different ways to type it. You'd be surprised if you go to the States. Teens here literally spell out in conversation "idk", "lol", "wtf" and "OMG" so it's good to know they haven't spread the ridiculousness of it to the other parts of the world.

It is okay, StarStruck! :)

I wasn't literally asking you to go out for a date (no offense) but part of your story, when an american boy asked you to go out with you, always makes me chuckle until my stomach hurt.. :lol:

Well actually SnowTheWolf is about to have a trip to the States, I hope he won't get the very bad of cultural shock there or It will end up like you with the american boy.. :D

I have a classic little poem for you, ahem,

Roses are red..

Violets are blue..

I see my future ahead..

It begins and ends with you..

Crowds : Oooooooooooooooooohh..

Save that for your future hubby, but don't forget to credit me for that.. B)

Mwahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah I'm such a Shakespeare!!

Ahem.. ( Yes yes, I know I can't do poetry)

Oh and I'm sorry, by all means, for derailing your topic.. Have a good day, miss..

Well actually SnowTheWolf is about to have a trip to the States, I hope he won't get the very bad of cultural shock there or It will end up like you with the american boy..

Pfftch~ I shouldn't be xD We Indonesians learn lots of stuff from US too (well, mostly bad words haha)

Also, I will have a jetlag o.o... it's funny when the world is just round and having different time, fun but not fun

:blink:

I... I'm speechless... wow... i forget what i want to talk...

hmmm.... ohhh!!! yess... wait a minute i need to resconstruct my thought...

oh man!! That's Awesome!!!.....  i'm from indonesian... and actually i do have friends from other country like india (there is other country that I forgot the name.. >.< its so hard to pronounce) and they like to learn about indonesian.... oh maaannn!!! you're study about anything in indo eh?? ok.... maybe i can tell you one... i'm from indonesian with ethnic,tribe of batak.

do you know people in indoneisian believe in spiritual world. (actually it's from old people, kids these day start leaving it :angry:) and our tribe is one who still doing it. (dunno about other, i'm batak. not javanesse nor padang wkwkwkwk)

for example, when someone got "accident", whatever it is, your tondi, or spirit, go outside your body. that's make people get discouraged or not have motivation in life, something like that. in order to get your "tondi" back to your body, you need ritual to make it comeback (spiritual ceremony). and the name of ritual is: "upah-upah"

how to do it: you fried one full chicken, (of course you need clean it first kwokwokwok) from head to toe (fried chicken = ayam goreng) then one boiled egg (telur rebus) and prepare banana leaf make it like cone, put little salt in it. and you must make "nasi kuning" (yellow rice),

after that put nasi kuning in big plate, how big? as long you can put all nasi kuning and full ayam goreng plus telur rebus in that plate. my familiy's plate: grab your left elbow with your right hand, and your right elbow with the left one. aroun that big :rolleyes:

after that completed, all you need is sit with your big family (whoever family around you, as long they are related to blood) , make big circle, and doing duduk sila, i dunno english for that. sila sit?? cross sit?? wkokwokow "ga tau lah" (dunno or whatever :P)... and doing some speech, from elder to younger. for example: if in family have grandma and grandpa, granpa doing speech first, then following by grandma, and their first child, then his/her partner (like husband and wife) then their first grandchild, until last. when they are finish their speech who got upah-upah must answer their speech, you dont need answer it one by one, u can answer it like "thanks to all people who pray for my health, i pray for your own good and your pray got answered." something like that.

when finish in speech, lastly, curshing egg :P, i mean not really got crushed, all you need grab in the middle egg then press it until split in two. remember! you must get the yellow part got split too... if not, then it's mean what all we have done is not get bless from Him, or meaningless. (scary... i got told you need doing it again in other day :o but my family always get the yellow part so i dunno is that true or not.) and eat it with salt in banana leaf cone

if all get things done... all you need is start eating, you eat with family, and talk thing with your cousin, it will get lively, sometimes i dont sleep until morning come, because we play games with uncle, talking with grandma or grandpa, doing stupid things with your cousin, etc. sometimes its pretty boring, after upah-upah we straight back to our home because things like work or school :(.

there is much much more tradition in my family, like nortor and how you greet your neighbour (we usually yelling at each other wakawkawk, not cause mad but its just how they talking normally, unfortunatelly i stay in town, when holiday come, we go to village :D )

take it as my appreciation about your determination in studying indonesian. if you want to know about culture, i can tell you what book cant tell B)

btw, i put some indonesian language in it even though its little, i hope it can help you...  B)

Terima kasih banyak >.<! This was really helpful, putting some new Indo words and cultural information that I didn't knew existed since I'm depending on mostly books here^^ was something that I needed. Not only that but you explained why and how which is also something that the books I'm reading are not telling me ^^;(they just tell me who, where, what and when).  Anda adalah orang yang baik  to me, terima kasih^^. (sorry if I butchered the language^^;, making baby sentences at least)

wkwkwk... no problem... it's just i want to be teacher >.<. especially indonesian language :wub: . in our country we have 2 branch of learning indonesian:

- Program Studi Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia (Indonesian language and literature education course)

- Program Studi Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia (nonpendidikan) (Indonesian language and literature study program non education)

(maybe you know this because you study about Indonesian language >.<, but i put it in if someone out there want study too :rolleyes: and sorry for crappy translate :wacko: , i hope you get what i mean in it :D .)

the first one to study about Indonesian language (i want this :wub: so i can be a good teacher)

and the second one to study Indonesian literature

people around me say study Indonesian language is pretty boring :o. because we using it in daily life, but they dont understand it. not every people can use Indonesian language in perfect sentence, and sometimes they misunderstand when talking to each other wkwkwk...

so, about culture, hmm.... oh yeah, do you know Indonesian people when married have unique culutre?? (our culture mostly for socializing, at least that's for me)

people from melayu have tradition when men go to propose women, they (him and his family) come to women place. and the girl wait at front door, and the door get closed with cloth, when the boy present at girls place, the boy start to poem with the girls,

when several poems thrown up, they go around village to telling people they will get married :P

(saya tidak tahu (i dont know) more accurate than this, i hope melayu people can explain it further ;) )

about your sentence, its pretty good. Anda adalah orang yang baik  to me (bagi saya), terima kasih^^. = you are good person to me, thank you^ ^. :P

I answer like this: senang bisa membantu (glad i could help) B)

i will love to do that... it's just... i still not a teacher :( ... and i'm just one who want to be the one lol...

and... can you show me all part of your study about Indonesian?? because i'll just throw random stuff until i hit the spot lol...

oh yeah, last year i go to bukit tinggi, and i have lot's picture of that. i will give some to you :D so you can see panorama of tourist place in bukit tinggi :) . as change of pace, i will show you my holidays picture. so you will not boring just learn from word lol.

my gallery:

i'm pretty unconfident showing this -.-a . at left, that's me, and the right one my brother. do you see the stone in the middle? you will see it when you going indside the zoo in bukit tinggi :) . on the stone, it written: "benteng fort de cock" benteng=fort or fortress lol. dunno why put in the same line when they have same meaning.

cimg2110y.jpg

and this is the benteng fort de cock: from left: my cute little sister, my young brother, and my mother.

cimg2111l.jpg

there is bridge before you reach the maind land, and... for animal picture... its too much, there is gajah (elephant), unta/onta (camel), rusa (deer), burung terbang (flying bird), kancil (dunno in english, its look like a deer, but have white spot at their back and usually its use as fairytale lol), beruk (ape), monyet (monkey), ular (snake), pelikan (pelican), angsa (goose), and merak (peacock). see how much is it?? lol, and every animal have one to three picture >.< .

and there is "lobang jepang" that's mean japan's hole lol... i forgot to take a picture about stair, it's have more than one hundred steps for go in and hundred steps for out :blink: . i got really exhausted just to come inside. and this is how it looks when you are in lobang jepang.

cimg2169.jpg

you know the story behind lobang jepang right? and they have mini theater,

cimg2170s.jpg

here is amunition room: for placing firearm and ammo

cimg2173.jpg

and judgement room: if you're messing, you dead, cant hold it, you dead, i dont like you, you dead.

cimg2176k.jpg

there is ambush place, museum saintific, and place for throwing corpse :wacko: . the place for throwing corpse is at valley. its very beautifull, at the same time, scary :huh:

and for the last one, picture of my dad xD  my dad dont like to posing in front of camera, so its hard to take one lol.

cimg2060x.jpg

you know, its pretty embarrassing for me to show this :rolleyes: . but i'm glad if it can help,

PS: sorry if i typing too long, i just try make it as simple as possible but sometimes i got the feeling that's not enough, so without consciousness i make it a bit long :(

• Upvote 1