The Flaws of KS Reports

-DovahKitten-

It happened just now. I ran towards a specific grinding place in nera harbor. I cleared the mobs there quickly and not for long, a player sprinted towards me from afar. All he did was waiting beside me. Eventhough I felt that something bad is imminent, I stayed because I know I shouldn't fear anything that is thrown at me. I knew I was right and have the right to stay here. When the mobs respawned, almost immediately, I used the skill 'attract circle'(I'm a magnus) and threw all my aoe skills on them. He did too, after a long 3 seconds after the attract circle. He astounded me by saying 'No KS' followed by '1st warn'. I didn't know what to say, panic-striken. I still stayed albeit that unreasonable predicament that I'm in because I know that I did not do anything wrong. At the next respawn, I tried moving a little further away from him, and attract circle. We finished our mobs and he said 'Lured my mob' with a 2nd warn. I pondered about this for a long while during the short pause between the mob respawn time and I questioned my fellow guildmates towards this matter. They, as concerned as I am, commanded me to leave the area at once. I did, after I was told to get out of the trouble.

At the end of the day, as you can see, the injustice of the whole situation. The main aim of me, posting this, is to raise awareness of the flaw of screenshots of KS reports and I hope that this can be taken into consideration by the GMs. Thank you for stopping by.

Peace! xx

• Upvote 8

+1 Amen

Thank you!

Can't we use fraps to report these things instead?

Yeah, that's probably one of the most effective solution. Eventhough it can be problematic to run, but at least it strengthens the point of proving solidly of certain violations right?

Well, if you have counter evidence and he reported you, just post the counter evidence and he'll have a permanent ban for filing a false report and also, with a video like fraps, he's done for.

It sounds logically acceptable but it all depends on how the GMs would judge it tho :c

Me always record my hunting time, but just to note down my highest crit for the whole day :P i guess it can help when this happen to me. Take some pics that we're not the bad guy by KSing

I reckon that way only works if you know when the KSer is going to come ahaha

I think KSing is the dumbest thing, together with "spot claiming" if I could I'd ban people for saying "KS!!!!!" or "MY SPOT" lol.. The best thing is indeed to find a new spot because you never know what kind of buttholes people can be.

On a side note, many games have anti-ks systems, I'd post a suggestion to implement one ;D

It sounds logically acceptable but it all depends on how the GMs would judge it tho :c

I reckon that way only works if you know when the KSer is going to come ahaha

Well, people who try to ks will stay close with us. wont atk mobs near him/her until mobs atk 1st or we atk 1st. So, we'll know when Player going to transform into KSer

I think KSing is the dumbest thing, together with "spot claiming" if I could I'd ban people for saying "KS!!!!!" or "MY SPOT" lol.. The best thing is indeed to find a new spot because you never know what kind of buttholes people can be.

On a side note, many games have anti-ks systems, I'd post a suggestion to implement one ;D

I agree I don't think this should be a bannable offense. Spot claiming is so pitiful,  THERE ARE 10 CHANNELS FIND A DIFFERENT AREA!

Ksing as well, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE~

That happened to me too. But This guy KS and said Party me Please  :blink:  

I said no. Then he began to KS and said No KS 1st Warn

then the 2nd time i lure he said Spot  :P I take an SS of it then i said to him

"Spot claiming can result to a ban with no warning needed then he said party please

I tried to scare him and said i will post the SS if you wont leave he said sorry.

He was lucky i didn't report it  :D

I agree I don't think this should be a bannable offense. Spot claiming is so pitiful,  THERE ARE 10 CHANNELS FIND A DIFFERENT AREA!

Ksing as well, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE~

Exactly! But the thing is that this attitude isn't widely practiced by players. Probably we should find some way to encourage them to do so.

That happened to me too. But This guy KS and said Party me Please  :blink:  

I said no. Then he began to KS and said No KS 1st Warn

then the 2nd time i lure he said Spot  :P I take an SS of it then i said to him

"Spot claiming can result to a ban with no warning needed then he said party please

I tried to scare him and said i will post the SS if you wont leave he said sorry.

He was lucky i didn't report it  :D

He must be a really lucky guy, hey? ahaha

Some thing like that happened to me. He run toward me and hit my mobs and said party me. I said "you want party why hit my mobs first. he said party me and I said No. (then he make a trick). he stay beside me, when the mobs re spawned, I hit the mob he hit too and said no KS 1st warn. so i hear what he said go to the top while some monsters run after me and he hit them. so just I stay do nothing watching him running around killing the monsters for a few minutes. he have no respond from me then he left fly to another place. so I continue...again..

• 3 weeks later...

ugh... this similarity is happen to me too... i dunno if claiming spot you can get banned..

when i'm in the middle of hunting, someone come to me and hitting my mob and say "this is my spot, don't Ksing people" lol... then i got away from them (they are 2 who disturbing me) and then they still telling me that "dont hunting here, go to some place away or change your channel, or i will report you" something like that. i got scared first (lol, this is my first time play this game, so i dont really understand the rule) but they start to get on my nerves.

i tell them "dont distrub me or i will report you all" and then i take SS for that. i know that, whatever the game, if you got distrub by other people you can report them. if GM take it or not, thats for later lol... but what did they say?? "owh, ok.. then i will report you for KSing me." then i got really scared, he stay silent for few second (not long though -.-a) and then telling me i was got reported, so he say " if you want me to cancel my report, pay me 100m for one char," do you know the feeling when you have fun in hunting then they told you, you will get banned?? and he will remove his report if i pay??@@ luckily, i dont have that much money.

then i go to forum and check is it true or not.. and i bump to thread that reporting Ksing and claiming spot. THAT'S the first time i know if you claiming spot, u can get banned. and i check one by one the thread is it have my name or not. but it is not!! lol, i feel refresh. but because they started it, i try to report them :D

first i dont know the rule for reporting, then i just create thread that giving proof what have they done. and i'm seeing what got accepted and what got denied. and i just follow the accepted one. its have format for reporting.

you know what?? when i check my thread, it was lock up and someone post "banned" lol...

sorry... somehow, i start to vent -.-a . you know, like telling people because they cross the line lol...

ugh... this similarity is happen to me too... i dunno if claiming spot you can get banned..

when i'm in the middle of hunting, someone come to me and hitting my mob and say "this is my spot, don't Ksing people" lol... then i got away from them (they are 2 who disturbing me) and then they still telling me that "dont hunting here, go to some place away or change your channel, or i will report you" something like that. i got scared first (lol, this is my first time play this game, so i dont really understand the rule) but they start to get on my nerves.

i tell them "dont distrub me or i will report you all" and then i take SS for that. i know that, whatever the game, if you got distrub by other people you can report them. if GM take it or not, thats for later lol... but what did they say?? "owh, ok.. then i will report you for KSing me." then i got really scared, he stay silent for few second (not long though -.-a) and then telling me i was got reported, so he say " if you want me to cancel my report, pay me 100m for one char," do you know the feeling when you have fun in hunting then they told you, you will get banned?? and he will remove his report if i pay??@@ luckily, i dont have that much money.

then i go to forum and check is it true or not.. and i bump to thread that reporting Ksing and claiming spot. THAT'S the first time i know if you claiming spot, u can get banned. and i check one by one the thread is it have my name or not. but it is not!! lol, i feel refresh. but because they started it, i try to report them :D

first i dont know the rule for reporting, then i just create thread that giving proof what have they done. and i'm seeing what got accepted and what got denied. and i just follow the accepted one. its have format for reporting.

you know what?? when i check my thread, it was lock up and someone post "banned" lol...

sorry... somehow, i start to vent -.-a . you know, like telling people because they cross the line lol...

Spot claiming is bannable. If you're hunting and if someone said spot, you can report him/her as it's against the rules and no warning needed to report a spot claimer.

I get my revenge on people who KS me...I just leave nice and quietly..Come back with my High Crit Soul Arbiter and PK them! :) Holy Justice is Served! No sense in wasting my time to report them when I get so much more satisfaction from PKing them! :)

And to the Point of the matter...it is a good idea to take pics or a video of you hunting when others you don't know are around!

I get my revenge on people who KS me...I just leave nice and quietly..Come back with my High Crit Soul Arbiter and PK them! :) Holy Justice is Served! No sense in wasting my time to report them when I get so much more satisfaction from PKing them! :)

And to the Point of the matter...it is a good idea to take pics or a video of you hunting when others you don't know are around!

lol... how nice of you... it is true you will feel better when you PK them than report it... unfortunately i dont have char who can do that :( so my way out of this just take SS, before they come to me, KSing, then warning. if he still KSing me i just report it :angry:

Why not just leave and go into another channel? The channels are made to be joined in, not to fight with.

And your point of matter. It's kinda hard to do that, ya know? You can't tell whether this people are going to KS you or not.

• Upvote 1

Well that's exactly the Point! You don't know when someone is going to KS you! Which is why I suggested start taking screenshots or video when someone comes around you when your hunting! It's not really that hard to press one more key every few seconds when your hunting!  And yeah I could go to another channel...but I've been here a long time and have seen way too many people be rude and not show any respect and just start KSing me! So I'm not really sorry for them when I take out my revenge on their sorry Butts! They usually take the hint and leave to find a different channel themselves! I reolize that not everyone can do that...just putting my two cents in and telling you what I do! :)