A suggestion from the Dovahkitty

-DovahKitten-

Hey guys! So, I'm not sure whether this is suggested or not but I'm just going to give it a go.

Instead of letting the experience bar fill itself when you grind, why not give it a button to stop from rising? Some people farm solely to gain money through the drops of mobs.(For instance, nera harbor) IF this is implemented, even better, when you stop the leveling, maybe let the experience earned accumulate? So, when you hit the button again to enable leveling, the accumulated experience will add up to the experience you have before you pause the leveling. This is to save up the experience and not letting it go to waste.

I hope that this suggestion can be taken into consideration for the update.

Peace!x

It's a nice idea, but the accumilated exp shouldn't be added when you re-enable exp gain.  If you're there to make money, then you need to be penalised as such. :)

If you want exp, get exp.  If you want money, make money, but you shouldn't be rewarded exp for doing it :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's true. We should let the experience be an expense of the revenue. Thanks for pointing it out!

Yeah, that's true. We should let the experience be an expense of the revenue. Thanks for pointing it out!

You're very welcome ^_^

I have been thinking though, if you make it so exp does get gathered while exp gain is stopped, you get limited to a certain amount of exp gain after it's resumed. :P

Example; you pause exp gain, you gain all the money as if you were leveling normally, but you only get 10%-25% per kill banked up.  As another side-suggestion, there is a popup warning before you pause exp gain, and definitely one when you resume it, so you don't click it accidentally :D

• Upvote 1

You're very welcome ^_^

I have been thinking though, if you make it so exp does get gathered while exp gain is stopped, you get limited to a certain amount of exp gain after it's resumed. :P

Example; you pause exp gain, you gain all the money as if you were leveling normally, but you only get 10%-25% per kill banked up.  As another side-suggestion, there is a popup warning before you pause exp gain, and definitely one when you resume it, so you don't click it accidentally :D

That's a really good idea for people who would like to gain some exp when grinding. Thanks for polishing my suggestion! Here's a +1 for you :D

• Upvote 1

Here's the suggestion;

You can gain just money from kills but will only gain 10%-25% of the normal exp you'd get from just killing them normally.  The exp that you would get from killing them (Only the 10%-25%) is banked up, once you unfreeze your exp you'll get all the exp you banked added to your exp.

As an example;

You kill a wolf normally, you get 100xp & 10g per kill without exp being frozen.

You kill a wolf with exp being frozen, you get 10xp-25xp per kill banked up, but won't be added to your current exp pool, but you'll still recieve your 10g

Once you've killed 10 cows you'll have 1000xp & 100g without frozen exp.  But if you have frozen your exp before killing them, you'll only get 100xp to 250xp, but you'll still get your 100g.

Furthermore, that 100xp to 250xp will be banked up, and will only be given to you when you unfreeze your exp.

This is another possibility; If you've not killed a monster within one hour of killing the last one, the exp you banked is thrown away into the underworld, never to be seen again.

With a system like this, you need at least a small penalty, too small and it won't be worth it, the same goes for it being too big too, hope this clears it up :)

• Administrator

Lol you guys try to complicate it so much, a feature  like this exists in many mmo's, it works this way: you go talk to an npc, pay a fee and he stops your experience, you don't gain crap, and I mean it, you don't get "Saved experience" because you paid to stop earning experience, common sense is you won't get any at all. After you go back talk to him again and pay another fee your character's life goes on as if nothing happened. Since you don't get experience it makes sense you don't lose it either during that "exp break".

We will think about implementing something like this but that doesn't mean we will, just think so don't get your hopes up.

I remember my friend AngelofFire doesn't use EXP Scrolls and Hunting for Golds on Nera Harbor

maybe you can use this method too? (I hope this can help you) XD

hahah, i did that too, but while i grind at NH (my farm char was at lv 99) i got leveled up soooo fast, i just need an hour to reach lv 104 XD

but i had 1k++ pk pts so i could delevel easily, i lost 50% exp when i died on PK mode

all we need is just "GM, PLEASE increase the drop rate like before :D"

• Upvote 1