Nera Harbor Farming Guide~ By Mhai~

Mhai

This is a guide for Newbies (New Players) and also for other players who are very much into 'Farming'. You can look at this guide so that you may know the 'Farming Basics' and all sorts of other things you can do if you want to be an effective 'Farmer'.

As you may all know, even high leveled players create their own characters to be a 'farmer'. But for everyone to know this term I keep on talking about, let us first define 'Farming'.

"Farming” refers to the process of Gold Hunting and Looting.

Simple as that, Farming is a process which is continuous and very much accessible to do by everyone in the game. You can farm even when your level is still low in some of the maps that you can mob, or if you reached the point where you can take on the Pirates (and Friends) at Nera Harbor, then that is the beginning of a great Money Making- Weekend, my friends.

First of all, what would you need for farming?

Seeds? Hoe? Watering Can? Nah..

Basically, you would need only this…

a.)   A lvl 90+ Character (depending on the class)

“Why only this?”  Well, you can farm as long as you can kill.. and basically, you would only need a character to kill. But of course, you won’t be able to kill if you don’t have….

b.)    Equipments. We'll discuss more about this later..

Well, going back to the first one, here’s what I think about the classes’ potential in farming.

a.)  Fighters- Can tank and lure. Fighters make it easy for the ‘Party’ to kill the mobs easily. They have great defenses (this depends on what kind of Fighter you are. Some have shields while others have two handed weapons) so they can receive only a small portion of the enemies’ attacks. Also, if you’re more on the defensive side, you’ll have trouble killing ‘fast’. And like what I stated in my first sentence, Fighters are better in a party.. but why would you want to be in a party if you want to ‘Farm’ all the riches to yourself? The loots will be distributed and the rare stuffs (or even the much expensive equipments amounting to 2.5m gold will be randomly distributed by the party system.) Think carefully. My thoughts- 8/10

b.)    Mages- I don’t think I have the right to state so much here in this part because I haven’t used a Mage as a Farmer (or even in-game) But with my friends’ feedback, I can provide a little. They have the capability to heal and kill from afar. That alone is a great plus in farming! You won’t need to worry of restarting from where you were and cast another set of buffs on yourself because of your capability to heal. Also, another good thing here is having somehow fair defenses depending on the Vitality (VIT) of the character. The Mages can actually tank as well. While these are great pluses to the side of the Mage, I don’t think all Mages are made for this kind of activity. 8/10

In addition to the Pros of being a Mage (This may be for Newbies or for Regular Players): You won't be needing expensive or rare equips for farming. Since you can farm with normal equipment. (Thanks Rham~)

c.)    Rogues- Alas, the final one. The aim of Farming is to ‘Kill Fast, Kill A Lot’ and that is why Rogues were made. The Rogues were made to land critical blows on their opponents. (Bows or daggers, it doesn’t matter. They still rule when it comes to Critical Hits) they have great attacking speed and they deal massive damages with their AoEs. (Hunter Bomb, Hunter Smoke, etc) While having the great reflexes that they have, the best thing that Players can rely on them would be their Evasion. Evasion is very much important in Farming with a Rogue. When you reach 280-300 Eva, the only thing hitting you would be the stun and some attacks from Mages. With this class, we can start our Farming easily. 10/10.

In addition to the pros of being a Rogue when farming is that they can use Stealth (you can hide while using your Warehouse Scroll when transferring items from your inventory without having anyone bother you.)

The burning effect is also a great plus about being a Rogue. Cast the Smoke, damage them for a little with your Bomb, and then run. They will be killed in an instant while chasing you.

While farming with other classes is also possible, we may give more focus on the rogues for they are the best to use for farming.

The things you should do:

a.)    Train your character up to lvl 80 with this path Ruffian-Archer-Assassin-Entrapper

Entrapper because you can raise your Extortion to lvl 5 which is good for looting drops from the Monsters at Nera Harbor. 45% will surely be of great help if you reached a rather high level when farming.

Refer to any Rogue Class Guide for leveling maps. DDing is the best possible when reaching lvl 60. Also, if you are new, you can practice familiarizing your fingers in pressing the necessary keys for your skills.

b.)    Make your character pure DEX. (Bonus in Evasion and More Critical Hits and deadlier combos.) Why not STR? Eva is more important in farming with a rogue than pure force. Since you need the critical, go for DEX and settle with a good armor set and a good weapon in place for your STR stats. Trust me on this. The Patk you’ll gain will not be enough for you to get satisfied with the +Eva pure STR path will give you.

c.)      Get a Gardeners Armor Set. Set all parts Eva Philoed (Use Philosopher Stones so that they will receive additional stats)and reinforce them with Dex and Str depending on their capability. Enchant them to lvl 7. (Enchanting them to 12 wouldn’t be necessary because there is a better set that can have in your later levels) I know Gardeners Set would be hard for the New Players, so here’s an alternative:

Craft the Dragon Scale Patterns into a lvl 90 Veterans Explorer Set. You will get these scales at Valley of Fairy and can also craft them using Dragon Scale Leathers. This will give you a slight boost because of the bonus craft. (Settle with a good amount of STR or DEX it will give. If the craft is not DEX nor STR, then re-craft. The Craft Bonus is important because it will be permanently imbued in your armor.) Pick carefully on what you will use because not all players in their early gaming can afford the Gardener's Set immediately.

For the Helmet, if you have enough gold to buy a Kynee, (100m) buy one and philo it with Eva. And reinforce it to 30+ Dex. For those who can’t afford the Kynee, just simply buy a helmet at the NPC and reinforce it with Dex and philo it for Eva. 

The belt would be no problem since you can buy Bear Belts for a short price at Nera City. If you are richer than having just a Bear Belt, then buy a DS Weapon.

For shields, you can just buy from an NPC if you don't have the money but Aiais Shields are way better than anything else because of the +5 Physical Defense and VItality it will give.

I don't recommend Dual Wielding. I believe Rogues are very much dependent on their ability to evade but if they were hit, then they should depend on our shield. This is Double Preparation. The power of one dagger alone is very much reliable than having two. Plus, the penalty is a BIG no-no.

d.)    Craft a weapon. While Grim Reaper Scythe and Take That Dude! can do a lot of good damages in the NH, I don’t think those weapons will be for the best. (especially for newbie players) Since GRs (Grim Reapers) and TTD (Take That Dude!) are weapons that are Red Labeled (Rare), they require High-Quality Orichalcum ( which practically costs 900 Orichalcum and 500 Flame Stones and not to mention the fee you'll pay for each piece to be joined. Really expensive for a newbie if they will try AGAIN and AGAIN) for them to be reinforced in good shape. If you fail many times in that area, you will have to repeat it again. I recommend crafting because this guide is not only for old players to refer to but for the new players as well. So what if they can’t find a GR nor afford a TTD? It will be hard for them. So, why crafting? Well, it is important to consider that in crafting weapons, they give off nice Crafting Bonuses (like the Armor Set above) and also, you can easily reinforce them because they only need normal gems. You will save a whole lot of gold in this process! Reinforce them to Patk using regular Orichs (to recover the Patk that should be in your character’s main stats) and Philo them to STR or Eva.

Just an example of this. I actually made a Veterans Explorer Set that is much much more reliable than my first ever Gardener Set because of the good Bonus for each piece.

e.)    You look ready now… but wait. How about those slots under your armor? Well, isn’t it bothersome to have empty slots in your equipment? Well, to solve this, you should try getting some accessories. By now, you must have spent almost everything you’ve earned so far,(for newbies) well, there are options to fill these slots. First, if you’re a little loaded with gold, go buy yourself a pair of Flickering Earrings, and a pair of Hathor’s Rings. With the clean ones, you will be able to spend 300-400m without getting them reinforced nor philoed. (Geminis are Billions. I wouldn’t recommend them here since if you’re a Newbie, you’ll have low chance of having them) But if you are struggling since you are a newbie, go buy some accessories at Nera City and philo them to Eva. (Eva is Important) Why do you need them if you can’t get the additional stats the Flick and Hathor will give you? Well, they are important for you to reduce the damage being dealt by the Mages at Nera Harbor.(Magic Defense) And also, these accessories will give you 4 more chances in getting a good addition to your Eva via Philoing. What if they all have at least 4 additional Eva on each? You will have 16 additional Eva in your stats! I tell you, that is a lot!

In addition, the necklace would also be important since you can easily get a Dirty Predators Trap at Red Orc Outpost by killing the Gargoyle Boss then Philo it to Eva. If you are have the enough money, Living Body Necklace would be better. (because of the + in Eva)  Philo it with Eva.

f.)     Now that you are ready to go, I should mention that you still have slots in your costume. If you are a veteran player, you should go with

Hat- Any that has +5 Patk

Body- BLW (For the additional +10 in the the three areas)

Gloves- Anything that has +5 Str (I use Industrial Gloves)

Shoes- Anything that has +5 Str (I use Street Fighter Shoes) (+5 Movement Speed is also nice)

Or if you are a newbie, then I suggest getting a costume set that is in Nera City Market ( These costume pieces will cost you 200m a piece. Not a good price for newbies but they really help IF they have additional stats on them) or get a Lizardman Costume or anything that can fill them. (IF you still have the Chicken,then wear it.)

If you are able to buy cloaks from the market, I recommend buying KOD (King Of Darkness) because it gives +5 Eva and believe me when I tell you that KOD is better than Phixus for Rogues. The 1% addition in Patk is not worth it.

If you aren’t able to buy these cloaks, I recommend you craft your own Wings. All you need are 3 Pieces of Angel Wings (That you can get from the Valley of Fairy, Way to Howling Ravine or even at Dungeon Dating) and Fairy Threads that can be purchased at the Alker Store. Well, if you don’t have the materials, there is always someone selling at the market (Nera City 3)

As for the hats, I recommend using the 7 Days Almighty Worms that you can get from the Time Crystals. All of us get Time Crystals so I think you’ll have the chance to get one of those.. Also, you can buy the Shining Horn that adds 15 to your Dex. This will cost you 100m. Speaking of Time Crystals… the next one would be informative for all.

g.)    You should load your Potion Slots with Potions from the Purple Time Crystals. They give off 850 HP and MP rather than buying at Mont Blanc for the same items. But of course if you get little, you should buy some more. I usually go for 300 Potions for my HP and 200 or sometimes 100 for my MP. This is a trick on how you can lessen your expense in Potions.

h.)    If you ever get the chance to buy the Warehouse Scroll (even for just 3 Days) Farming will be a lot easier. Since you can store at your Farmer’s Warehouse all the loots you can get from the Farming and then sell it in one go. This saves time and gives you the excitement you need to continue on farming. The 15 Days Warehouse Scroll costs 90-100m.

i.)      Save the Ores and Leathers, because you can construct them and make them Rune Carving Leathers and Rune Carving Ingots that sells for 10m up to 15m per slot! This is quick cash if you ask me. But the most important reminder would be:

Killing off the monsters at Nera Harbor will definitely fill your inventory, make sure you only have the Nostrum Pots, and 200-300 HP Potions, and 100-200 MP Potions with you so the slots will not be filled and there are more available items to get. If by chance you get three-four more slots of the same item, combine them and leave only ONE per each item so that the excess you will get will go straight to their respective slots and not scatter around your inventory. Remember that THE WEAPONS are the things you should keep since they will sell for 1.9m each. These are the Money Makers of the Game.

You can farm at any level higher than 95. You WILL level up while doing the process so AVOID using 20% so you can stay in your level for a bit longer. With you being able to reach lvl 113, the loots will be slower and thus a need for DELEVELING is required. You should get killed and return to your own spot by not having the EXP Protection Scroll so you can get your level down to your preferred farming level. This is repetitive and it is not that hard. With this, you'll be able to farm nonstop. (I prefer being at the Graveyard to get your level down very fast)

With you being ready to fight and ready to earn lots of money, you can now go to Nera Harbor and farm your weekend crazy. With 5 of your Warehouse slots being full:

You can earn:

Assuming a piece of equipment is 1,900,000 gold. (The price is BIGGER than this and some are even 2,500,000)

1,900,000 x 36 (Number of Stacks in One Warehouse Slot) = 68,400,000 gold

And if you fill the 5 slots of the Farmer’s Warehouse.. you can have:

68,400,000 x 5 (Number of Warehouse Slots) = 342,000,000

That is only one trip from Nera Harbor with the estimated time of 30 minutes to 40 minutes.

With you being on a rampage, you can get higher (I didn’t include the Inventory Slots because I assume that it would be the place for you to put additional rare loots such as Kynee, Advance Knife, and the Materials to construct and sell.)

I hate getting Server Downtime.. it makes me bored and makes me do these kinds of stuffs… I do understand that pros here have different opinions in farming but I just made my own. So I do hope you’ll respect it and of course, you’ll benefit from it. I can accept criticism just in a good way and not in a flaming way. I do hope you can correct me if you find errors in my guide. This is my first ever guide so please be gentle~ Please give this a comment so I will be able to do more in the future~

Anyways, this is Mhai, and I’m very much happy to be of help! I hope we can be friends! Please read this guide and refer this to your friends. Happy farming!

IGN: Mhai

(Yeah~ I love Notes)

EDITED~ Love lots~

• Upvote 9

b.)    Mages- I don’t think they are made for this kind of activity. 7/10

if you are giving this guide to newbie.

Basically,

mages can do farm even with simple equips

newbies can't reach that high eva in instant in rogue.

some of my guildmates who are newbie tend to 

beg beg beg items

gold pls gold pls for there items

but as a mage,

i don't beg coz i don't need those expensive items.

• Upvote 1

Very Nice Guide :D

But....

Basically,

beg beg beg items

but as a mage,

I agree with rham, Mages could afford to dealing high damage as well as tanking (if your job path & skills are good)

Very Nice Guide :D

But....

I agree with rham, Mages could afford to dealing high damage as well as tanking (if your job path & skills are good)

Thank you! I have included that to the Guide :) I hope our Newbie friends will be able to read this as well.

How are pure int inquirers in this?  I'll be going for the cardinal class later on, but i'm not sure how i'll fair in this.

+1 For you :D

Thank you, Kelly! :) I'm afraid I won't be able to answer that question for you since I haven't used a Mage yet as my character :( Maybe some folks here can provide you some answers. :) 

Basically,

beg beg beg items

but as a mage,

I think it's because many mobs have lower m def than their p def, that's why mages can kill fast enough even with simple equips. Plus, mages have immobilizers(such as blizzard, cripple, tranquility, earthquake and soj) to help them farm by making the mobs unable to reach them, giving enough time to kill those mobs.

I think it's because many mobs have lower m def than their p def, that's why mages can kill fast enough even with simple equips. Plus, mages have immobilizers(such as blizzard, cripple, tranquility, earthquake and soj) to help them farm by making the mobs unable to reach them, giving enough time to kill those mobs.

Oh! I see! Thank you so much for your insight, Chii! :)

I can't believe nobody said this topic belongs in the guides section.. I moved it.. Think twice where you post next time please

Yes. and sorry about that~ Thank you for telling me in a nice manner.

I can't believe nobody said this topic belongs in the guides section.. I moved it.. Think twice where you post next time please

I apologize sincerely. I didn't know where to put this in the guides section since they are labeled as per class. Never saw that they are only subs of the Guides section. Sorry, Sir Orange!

• Administrator

I apologize sincerely. I didn't know where to put this in the guides section since they are labeled as per class. Never saw that they are only subs of the Guides section. Sorry, Sir Orange!

Lol it's okay you didn't have to reply twice, nice guide by the way, keep it up.

Can you give the skills list? :)

After my update, you'll see the skills list :)

Lol it's okay you didn't have to reply twice, nice guide by the way, keep it up.

Thank you very much, Sir! I'll do my best! I still hope more people will be able to read this,though.

nice guide mhai...still confused for firsy farming char...according to you it is good entrapper but rham said mage class....

btw mhai between entrapper and tm ehich is hv more pro for farming

Mages can sure farm awesomely because of the great Matk. And also, it is very affordable to start with a Mage since they can easily use any equips and can still farm. But being an Entrapper, the Extortion skill is at lvl 4 and there will be a much easier chance for you to get Equipment loots. I actually prefer being an Entrapper like what I've stated in this guide,  because I can easily cast AoEs and gets the mobbing done fast.

i just want to know .. why entrap than bt ?? entrap not strong enough that bt , coz bt can dual , entrap cant 

can u explain why ??

basically, I think dual wielding is a complete 50/50 for option for the player. I don't recommend this because the Aias Shield is an awesome combination with the evasion of the Entrapper. The extortion is a great plus, but thats all I can say because I don't know much about the other classes of the Rogue family.