Anyone that played the original Luna!!

TogeBara

Question

I played this game and was at level 60 something as an Elf Sword Master that had went straight Vit and Def when they decided to switch over to Luna Plus. I was excited about this and really looking forward to it until the day I got online after updating to Luna Plus.

I got into the game online to find that my once super wall character was now able to be 3 shot by anyone near my level (and I use the term near very loosely as a level 45 could take me out since there was no true tanking class in Luna Plus, I looked...HARD). (I used to be able to tank creatures and players up to level 100 without worry of dying and anything past that I would actually work at by using my defensive capabilities.) I quit playing Luna Plus due to the extremely crap way they nerfed nearly all the classes. (I believe this to be the reason that it got shut down, since they failed to comment on its exact reasoning. Too many players were disappointed in the way they changed it and when the majority of the consumers requested they dial back many of the changes to no avail, the fan base split leaving them with no real source of revenue, so they decided to shut the game down.)

After looking for a game of similar type that I would really like, I found NONE that suited my desires. I gave up and started playing other types of games and ditched mmorpgs all together. Every now and then I look to see if a new game has been made that is similar to what Luna Online once was before the Plus update. In my search I have found you. The now revived Celestia Luna.

But in finding the revived game I have come up with a new question and concern. Is this game the Luna Plus version, or the Celestia Luna (Luna Online) version of the game.

I put WEEKS of gameplay and enjoyment into Luna Online before the Plus update, and it took me (due to the whole no damage and only tank) weeks to level once I hit 60. I was ready and willing to see my character through to the end as a TRUE TANK. All the way to the final defensive class (I think it was Arch Templar or something). 

I think that the worst part (that ruined it for me) wasn't that I couldn't play as a tank anymore, but rather that all of my abilities required some sort of item to use them, and the item was hard to get as a drop and expensive to buy. This meant that all but 2 of my abilities as a strict tanking class were useless until I had nearly an inventory full of those things. With me playing a class that was heavily gear based and not being able to grind money as well as other classes I decided that this was not the game I signed up for and quit.

So is there anyone that played Luna Online before the plus update that can tell me if this is truly the return of the Luna I remember and love? Or is this the reopening of the Luna Plus that ruined my experience of the game?

22 answers to this question

I played this game and was at level 60 something as an Elf Sword Master that had went straight Vit and Def when they decided to switch over to Luna Plus. I was excited about this and really looking forward to it until the day I got online after updating to Luna Plus.

I got into the game online to find that my once super wall character was now able to be 3 shot by anyone near my level (and I use the term near very loosely as a level 45 could take me out since there was no true tanking class in Luna Plus, I looked...HARD). (I used to be able to tank creatures and players up to level 100 without worry of dying and anything past that I would actually work at by using my defensive capabilities.) I quit playing Luna Plus due to the extremely crap way they nerfed nearly all the classes. (I believe this to be the reason that it got shut down, since they failed to comment on its exact reasoning. Too many players were disappointed in the way they changed it and when the majority of the consumers requested they dial back many of the changes to no avail, the fan base split leaving them with no real source of revenue, so they decided to shut the game down.)

After looking for a game of similar type that I would really like, I found NONE that suited my desires. I gave up and started playing other types of games and ditched mmorpgs all together. Every now and then I look to see if a new game has been made that is similar to what Luna Online once was before the Plus update. In my search I have found you. The now revived Celestia Luna.

But in finding the revived game I have come up with a new question and concern. Is this game the Luna Plus version, or the Celestia Luna (Luna Online) version of the game.

I put WEEKS of gameplay and enjoyment into Luna Online before the Plus update, and it took me (due to the whole no damage and only tank) weeks to level once I hit 60. I was ready and willing to see my character through to the end as a TRUE TANK. All the way to the final defensive class (I think it was Arch Templar or something). 

I think that the worst part (that ruined it for me) wasn't that I couldn't play as a tank anymore, but rather that all of my abilities required some sort of item to use them, and the item was hard to get as a drop and expensive to buy. This meant that all but 2 of my abilities as a strict tanking class were useless until I had nearly an inventory full of those things. With me playing a class that was heavily gear based and not being able to grind money as well as other classes I decided that this was not the game I signed up for and quit.

So is there anyone that played Luna Online before the plus update that can tell me if this is truly the return of the Luna I remember and love? Or is this the reopening of the Luna Plus that ruined my experience of the game?

Wall of text ._.

lvl 60 SM? i thought its lvl 105 job?

Anyway, i did play old luna (both clasic and plus) but it has plus bugs, so i moved here. Its Celestia Luna Alpha, not even beta :P Its just like old luna

• Administrator

We don't like Luna Plus except for very little things that are mostly visual (costumes, pets, etc), we know what killed Luna Plus so we will not be ever converting to full plus, we will be taking things like costumes, pets, maps, monsters, but jobs and stats will keep the same, fixing whatever we can.

We don't like Luna Plus except for very little things that are mostly visual (costumes, pets, etc), we know what killed Luna Plus so we will not be ever converting to full plus, we will be taking things like costumes, pets, maps, monsters, but jobs and stats will keep the same, fixing whatever we can.

Item's design and bug fixes

I know nothing bout the old Luna except from other plyers but all in all, Celestia Luna is the best server coz of the balance of all jobs. And the exp gaining rate is high as you could reach lvl 60 in hours. The final class is when we reach lvl 105. And if you are looking for a True Tanker,, we have Paladin and Necromancer here. At level 110,, you could even sleep and let your char afk in the middle of Graveyard mobs. :D
(of course it depends on which path and gears u will take. wrong path could lead you into a failed final char.)

I am downloading it already. You sir have probably found the happiest player you'll have. You have NO idea how much I have missed this!

Wall of text ._.

lvl 60 SM? i thought its lvl 105 job?

Anyway, i did play old luna (both clasic and plus) but it has plus bugs, so i moved here. Its Celestia Luna Alpha, not even beta :P Its just like old luna

When I say sword master I mean that's what I was going for, I was a swordsman already and Phalanx was next. With this I can become my old character again :D

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS BACK!!!

I am downloading it already. You sir have probably found the happiest player you'll have. You have NO idea how much I have missed this!

When I say sword master I mean that's what I was going for, I was a swordsman already and Phalanx was next. With this I can become my old character again :D

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS BACK!!!

I rebuild my old char here :p

Hi, I've played the old Luna too, and quit short time after they upgraded it to luna plus. I had the same problem, I was a tanker with great equipments, and after the upgrade my character was ruined.

I want to know if some bosses were removed, like the fairy queen (valey of fairy), the harpy boss on red orc outpost. Are they coming back in some future update?

• Game Master

I felt the same way. Had a level 64 archer, full Strength before Plus came along, she was so good. 1-2 shot everything. Plus came along and if you weren't an eva rogue, you lost to ones who were, even if they had crap damage  <_<

That's why Celestia has been my love ever since, it's the only server to ever stay classic Luna and not upgrade to Plus.

By the way, you should add me in game, you seem like a fun person :3 

I'll be on either Nyxune or Seraphyre if you want to.

I never met Harpy queen ._.

If I'm not mistaken, there's only Kiyoma, the Harpy boss, am I right? 'cause I had been all searching the entire maps and I could find nothing but just Harpy Boss( Kiyoma ), Orc Bosses, and the Wolf Boss -_-

If I'm not mistaken, there's only Kiyoma, the Harpy boss, am I right? 'cause I had been all searching the entire maps and I could find nothing but just Harpy Boss( Kiyoma ), Orc Bosses, and the Wolf Boss -_-

yea, i was reffering to that brown-colored harpie boss....

is this harpie queen different to that kiyoma chick??

yea, i was reffering to that brown-colored harpie boss....

is this harpie queen different to that kiyoma chick??

Harpy Queen is Rare Boss, it's Spawn on 4 different Spot on Red-Orc OutPost

it's Color is Black, Deep Purple, Violet and has Crown on Her Head

always with 3 Followers Little Harpy with Color Red named Harpy Maid :)

Harpy Queen is Rare Boss, it's Spawn on 4 different Spot on Red-Orc OutPost

it's Color is Black, Deep Purple, Violet and has Crown on Her Head

always with 3 Followers Little Harpy with Color Red named Harpy Maid :)

so you mean it does exist?

so you mean it does exist?

it doesn't.

and Fairy Queen also extinct in this server.

Kiyoma is the harpy boss that still exists in the game. The harpy queen is the boss I was talking about, and never met in Celestia Luna.

But I miss the fairy queen more, due to a powder she dropped to produce a rare ring.

if you happened to see someone with the ring, report them. that's a dupe

• Upvote 1

Well, Luna + basically screwed the stat system, you can go mix them and get a positive um (forgot the word...) a positive thing. And if u mix stats in Luna+ your char is super weak lets say youre a rogue on Luna+ and u go full STR, everything seems fine higher dmg, lower eva n crt. But if u go full DEX... you wont do dmg, AT ALL. Only the skills that add DoT are doing dmg. From the day the official server became Luna+ i've got a infantryman up to lvl 50 i was full VIT and then i had to fight against the giants on the way to the howling ravine, well, they didnt do any dmg to me, and so did i, i need like 3-5 minutes to take one of em down, then i tought that its useless and just quit. When i satrted missing the game, i found CL and everything is awesome, i wanted it to become Luna+ also, but a few months later i understood that thats a horrible idea. We are the new Luna Online, we will release new custom stuff, but no, no Luna+.

Rare Bosses which aren't spawn on Celestia Luna:

-Harpy Queen

-Salam

-Fairy Queen

Bosses which aren't spawn on Celestia Luna:

-Boss of Hornet, I forgot the name

-Wild Mantis

(sorry for the English)

Boss of Hornets is Mistress

and CL will never become Luna Plus. it sux