A day without a ban

Corpse™

As the title says, my idea is this if everyone can follow the rules for a day and not get banned and play nice how about a 10% exp raise for a day, and no I do not believe people should be rewarded for following the rules by any means but it would be an incentive for players not to break them or maybe every 3 days if theres no problems a day of 10% exp this would push players to encourage each other not to break the rules too. 

(honestly I don't see this happening too many don't care but its an idea and maybe it would work who knows)

• Game Master

Many people wouldn't see it, someone might go on for like 5 minutes, break a rule, then afk the rest of the day. 

I think the only thing that would cause is encourage people to not report anyone in the hopes of getting a prize. Just not worth it.

It's a neat idea and positive reinforcement for following the rules is good but it'll be too hard to monitor.

Because there would be an incentive for not reporting players, we'd need GM's to monitor all the channels and shout for 24 hours.

Then there's getting the message out that the event is even happening, only a small percentage of users follow whats happening in the forum. While we could announce that the event is happening every hour, it still wouldn't deter most of the cheaters since monetary gain trumps exp gain.

So unfortunately while it's an interesting concept, my personal opinion is it wouldn't be a practical event.

We'll see what other players think though.

What would happen is exactly as Seraphyre says. My school did a similar system for students who don't cheat on their test/bulied kids/or just in general bad things. If there was no reports of bad conduct in a class the whole class would get a free A in any test/quiz/assingment they want. The end result was nobody wanted to tell a teacher that they saw someone do something bad just to get the free grade. Needless to say those that earned A's like crazy were hated by everyone because they didn't care about weather or not everyone else gets an A, they just cared that people didn't break the rules. If the system was implimented here anyone that doesn't care about getting extra exp and reports like one should would be hated not only by the person he/she banned but by other players that wanted the extra exp. It's a nice idea if everyone was civil when playing mmo's but reality says other wise.

This could be a great help to encourage players not to break rules.

But the problem is, there are so many people who don't even bother knowing what are the rules on this game.

Just in one day, I almost see more than 50+ of shouts doing RMT, selling character, buying character, then add those people ksing.

And as sir rainbowdash said, It will need a great effort to implement it.

I hope there is a better way to reward good players.

Like maybe a monthly exp event.

I also think that it would lead people to close their eyes to wrong behavior, hoping to get an extra bonus to exp in the end.

How about another concept:

Some kind of guild contest where members should report, for example, scammers all around the maps and chats (shouts, local chat, etc).

The guild (or guilds) that reported the higher number of different scammers would receive some small prizes (exp scrolls, costumes) as reward for their vigilance.

It would drastically reduce the number of scammers all around, and lessen this kind of activity, at least for a while.

After some time, if this kind of contest reduce naturally the number of scammers, the CL team could reward the whole server with some kind of event, to reward everyone.

• Administrator

You need a server restart to change rates hun, restarting the server one day and then the next day? 10% isn't much and I do not believe people should be rewarded for doing what they should be doing in the first place. Many people already said that it wouldn't work the way you want it and people would just stop reporting.

Also RainbowDash why would we want GMs to shout the same announcement every hour? I'm sure there are hours when all of us are asleep or afk. We aren't robots who stay here 24/7.

IMO it's a bad idea, too much effort for a tiny reward for something that you should be already doing, also think of the dozens of rule breakers we ban a day and that half of them don't even try to learn English.

I also think that it would lead people to close their eyes to wrong behavior, hoping to get an extra bonus to exp in the end.

How about another concept:

Some kind of guild contest where members should report, for example, scammers all around the maps and chats (shouts, local chat, etc).

The guild (or guilds) that reported the higher number of different scammers would receive some small prizes (exp scrolls, costumes) as reward for their vigilance.

It would drastically reduce the number of scammers all around, and lessen this kind of activity, at least for a while.

After some time, if this kind of contest reduce naturally the number of scammers, the CL team could reward the whole server with some kind of event, to reward everyone.

This would make some people create dummy accounts to win.

You report because you don't want to play with a bunch of annoying rule breakers, not because you will get a reward

This would make some people create dummy accounts to win.

You report because you don't want to play with a bunch of annoying rule breakers, not because you will get a reward

I idn't think of that downside. Anyway, the item I was suggesting would be just a gift (100% Exp scroll for example), not an expensive one, maybe even not tradable. I don't think it's a good idea to create fake accounts to receive such a small gift, but anyway it was just a suggestion. If this will cause more trouble than benefits, it should be ignored.

• Downvote 1