SM/Destroyer/Magnus

ridge777

Question

False.

Its a debate then.

[Always Elf Paladin]

Elf paladin has fine Physical Attack.

Only weakness is Silence. But even when silenced Paladin has high Physical Attack on top of great Physical Defense so It can still kill easily. [RI catches faster than Silence its a 50/50] And if a Paladin stun's you, Its pretty much over. [stun lock]

RI has Range, so it will always hit a Destroyer before they can stun. Fearful Blow has no range to RI And less stun chance. RI trumps it easily.

Destroyer has really weak physical defense thus they die very easily once stunned.

Paladin would not have that problem.

Elf Paladin's have really high HP, DoT's are not a problem if we dispatch our enemy quick enough. [Takes 1-2 hits]. Or 1

single RI.

When it comes down to it. Paladin will always trump a Destroyer if the players know what they are doing and are equal level. 

~Not to mention we have Invulnerable [Negate all damage for 12 seconds] and that other bubble Shield~

Since this is the Elf Paladin, lets keep in mind that you don't get any boosted attack buffs from Gladiator, Knight, or Mercenary  I will also not take into account PD items, since you can become a Pally with 15k p atk, or a destro with 12k p def.

Checks and counters:
Although a Paladin has the highest block rate in the game, and is capable of having one of the highest ever defensive stats in Luna, it has plenty of flaws as well. Its great health and durability can be taken down a number of ways. With typically low~average physical attack, there is no way a paladin can be able to 1HKO anyone. The best weapon for an offensive Paladin is currently Genocide, which can be used to easily mop the floor to anyone that isn't bulky enough to survive The Graveyard. The second best would be for a more defensive Warlord, further increasing defense with the help of the % bonus from passives and other defensive factors. Paladins have the defensive bubble skills to further signify their abilities in Luna Online. This does not make it godly however. Elf Paladins have access to Rune Impact from the Rune Knight class and has a 79% chance to stun the target for 4 seconds. RI can be silenced, like all magic based abilities, by Silence Rune. In a Guild War scenario, Silence has a range of 18m that can be used much farther then RI, nullifying it. The only other stun a pally has access to is Blunt Shield, which at level 21, has a stun chance of 90% to stun the target for 6 seconds (with a 5 second cooldown)... however unlike RI, it has to be used in close combat. Most aren't able to get both skills at level 20 until much later in the game.
Against a Destroyer, Fearful Blow has a similar or equal range to rune impact. Even though both moves do hit, since RI is faster, RI stuns first. In the event where both are used at the same time and stun each other, there is a split second opening for a Destroyer to use another skill, like Burning Crash, or Despair. Typically, a destroyer's defense is around 2.8k~3.2k, which is fair enough, but can survive a few hits from an elf paladin before death but most likely can't be killed by a single hit from an elf paladin.
Elf Paladin's have really high HP,but both Cardinals and Necromancers (2 very famous DoT users) can tank a Paladin for a while. Their healing abilities are much better and have distance stuns/traps. If a paladin is caught in a sleep or freeze at the beginning of a PVP match, they will be stuck for a while during the onslaught of Stuns, Sleeps, Freezes, and DoTs. If a Paladin uses the Invulnerability bubble, they wont be able to move. RI has a knock back, which is what could be the main downfall. The distance opens up a chance for freeze or stuns or sleeps.[RI>Bubble>RI knock back>SB>DSB] leaves an opening for a few seconds to freeze. The only way to close this opening is with Spirit Sword, but then your combo completely depends on stun chance. The second bubble multiplies your defenses to extraordinary values, but are still open to DoTs and other non-damaging skills.
  • Upvote 1

That is logical, But Paladin has very high HP and HP recovery rates [As seen by Seraphyres] which can survive multiple DoTs no problem. Even at max.

There is no way for us to predict what might happen, its always a chance that the other side wins. But majority wise, Paladin should win. With high enough Physical Attack, I doubt they could tank us for long when stun locked. Most Destroyers typically around the Physical Defense range you said would not survive a critical RI hit.

If a mage got the jump on a Paladin with Silence + Freeze, unless we get lucky with an RI we are pretty much stuck.

Invulnerable skill Blocks all damage for 12 seconds. Which is incredible if you use it at the right time.

I do know it is important who hits first.

Mage hits first = Win [silence - Freeze]

Destroyer hits first = 50/50 Chance Win 

Don't overestimate RI. In an open area, a Cardinal or Necromancer would be able to beat a paladin without much of a problem. In the PVP box, Mages have the upper hand with range based skills. A full Vit Necromancer or Cardinal will easily have over 20k HP, about half of what a paladin should have by the end game if it's also full Vit. Both mages can top 8k p def as well as a Paladin, but mages dont attack with physical damage. Using Invulnurability is both a blessing and a curse in this case. Stuck in a spot, u can be poisoned, frozen, stunned, burned, crusified... but it wont hurt you. Once that bubble pops, all those skills will hit at once, being debuffed, stunned, frozen or anything wont do your HP any good.

Against a Destoyer, it does depend on luck pretty often. What makes them deadly to you is Despair. Since it doesnt have the same stun animation as BC, FB, or Quake, it can stack along with any of the other stuns. Since you only need to reuse one stun skill against them to keep it locked, its easy to win as long as the lock stays intact. Destroyers have a better chance of keeping a lock with two stuns, incase one fails, paralysis could save it and vise versa. In the end, its more about luck when it comes down to Destroyers vs Paladins in PVP.

• Upvote 1

• Game Master

Yeah when I'm on the PVP map, I can 1v1 just about anyone as long as I get an RI in. I can stun them long enough to kill them.

Only problem is if the RI fails or if they stun me before I get to them and they keep me stunlocked. I can only tank so long, so I really depend on keeping them stunned while I whittle them down.

Agreed.

I only feel safe in a 1v3 and no more.

1v1 I consider a definite win. No matter what class, and not to high above me in level.

Luckily I have not gotten caught by a Despair yet in PVP. I always get silenced by mages though lol

Paladin relies a lot on good timing as Destroyer relies on luck.

• Game Master

Yeah I've only ever had problems with other Paladins lol. If they have Double Strike and have lots of defense, it's tough. I've duked it out for like a good 5 minutes straight with another Paladin before, just trying to whittle eachother's health down, but not doing much more than 100-200 damage per hit. We ended up just calling a truce.

That's true. If I had Str gears instead of Vit gears, I could easily get 7-8k, everything I have has Vit on it, and I have 5k patk (1h axe).

my pally has 6k // 9k.  but ive come to this by sacrificing crit rate to below 1000. and not having high crit hurts for fighters/rogues.

slightly out of topic.

how does crit rate vs block actually work?

a lvl 140 rogue hits me with 1,5k crit rate. out of 10 shield boomerangs, only 1 or 2 (max) of them can go thorugh my block.

a lvl 132 destro BC with only 1k crit managed to land  3-5 critical BCs.

i always though pally cant block crit, which makes rogues should not be blockable since crit 1,5/1,6k = 100 chance crit (read it somewhere in this forum)

Your defense being 9k could have something to do with it. Cause last I heard, blocks only work with non-crits. I'm not entirely sure about that, though.

Block is works for any Hit including Critical hit, however some players think the Block is Feature to make all damage we receive to become 1 Damage, but this perception is not true since Block is Feature to Decrease damage and not for make Damage to become 1 damage... so if we take Critical Damage is higher than usual damage is still not too weird... :)

Reid  is know more about Block features...

(sorry for my English, I try my best to explain it but seems still not good enough) XD

• Game Master

No, that explains a lot. Thanks for informing us. It's hard to tell when you block in Celestia since there is no notification, I usually just take 1s when I block. Other than in PVP of course, which is what baffled me, wasn't sure how it worked. 

So thanks ^_^

I think i can make a review about a Magnus ^^

1) in open guild war magnus are the best compare to all other class fighters , Magnus have aoe shield for whole team defence , sonic boom for quick kill and Rune impact for killing rouge and mages (1hit K.O pretty much if crit)

2) for pvp i think its 2nd( a tie between magnus and destroyer) .. but compared to swordmaster its way out league cause somehow i feel swordmaster is a lot quicker compare to magnus when it comes to using sonic boom or double but when compare to destroyer we are evenly match . why ? cause in pvp magnus and destroyer have sonic boom . RI for magnus to VS againts burning crash(i forgot its name , i hope im right) :)

Moderate armor , High p.a , high crit .. u can achieve 1k crit chance very easly with passive but somehow a little bit slow when attacking , i dont know ... mybe i dont hve any equip tht increase attck speed . great vs rouge(certain class) and Mage(cardinal,grandmaster) because of ur aoe shield and RI

Oh yeah , magnus are usefull* (not great) in party because of their awesome buff . i hope this convince u to choose magnus