Just a suggestion.

fur10n

Good Day =)

I have read some reports about killstealing, trash talking, rmt etc.

I would like to suggest about how players should make a report. A player who makes report accusations should post video evidence not screenshots. If you see a player(s) doing illegal activity like Ks=kill stealing, Bug Abuse, RMT etc should be video recorded using fraps or any video capturing software thus making his or her report truthful and credible. Also the Admins should put a police game master that can monitor in-game activities and for game community relations. 

I myself is a former Game Master, Forum Moderator from another game. 

Thank you for reading...

A reply for this topic. First Fraps when installed to pc can start automatically start minimized on windows.

second it has a hot key function that once you press the hot key, it will record video or take screenshots depending what key you pressed. So the need to alt-tab + open program every time is not needed. 3rd about rmt, not all rmt's are on megaphone or shouts. Sometimes it's on random pm's from another player, guild chats, party chats etc. http://www.fraps.com/faq.php

I just noticed it; my mistake it should be A player who makes report accusations should post video evidence or screenshots

This is just a suggestion that's obviously denied hehe. All my respects to the staffs and admins of this game. More Power to Celestia Luna  :)

• Downvote 2

Wrong section. Moved. 

Also, in my opinion they do not have to be in a video.

For 1, it consumes a lot of time and if you miss the chance (which you won't know when it will happen again) then you just have wasted your time for nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that video reports are useless. It's your decision really, if you want to make a video report or not.

And for 2, reports such as KS requires more than one screenshot for a reason which is to make it more clear. It also has to show that you are warning that person + that person actually attacking your mob. Hence, video is not that necessary but again it is your choice however you report it.

RMT and such... they don't really required a video report in my point of view but when it comes to a Bug Report depending on the situation, it may be best to do a video report to make it easier for the proof to be seen.

• Administrator

Why does a shout in megaphone need a video? Are you going to alt tab your game and look for your fraps, open it up and then tab back to your game every time? Most of the time you would be dead when you come back or the ks would have been finished, etc. There are different bugs and so not all bugs need recorded proof, somebody not long ago filed a report with a video of a bug abuse that is hard to catch on screenshots but other bugs such as standing under the bindstone during guild wars don't need any video. Most rule breaking doesn't need any video and GMs and Admins can see everything about your account, from trades to shouts.

Sounds like alot of uneeded work the screen shot reports work fine as long as they are done properly, not only that uploading videos takes forever and also the quality of luna recordings sucks alot of the time, Then every player would be required to dl some outside program just to record ? I don't think this is a good idea.

• Game Master

I agree with all the others. A video is too much work, you would have to dig around to open your recording software whereas now it's just a couple clicks of a button. Also, some people have low end computers and can't run recording software very smoothly, if at all (like myself). It's just too inconvenient

Unless you have a capture card I would steer clear of videos usually when using programs like fraps the quality is less than ideal and not everyone's rigs can handle it there are still players using <2ghz Pentium 4 processors and below so this wouldn't be possible for all