How Is Music Addictive?

Nanaka

Do you know what "Drug" means o.O?

It can't apply to music :P

Yes, a drug is a substance usually prescribed to patients by a doctor for a specific symptom. Drugs can also be illegally traded for pleasure giving rise to side-effects like nausea, "getting high", and serious addiction. Music is not a "drug" but I use the word for lack of a better one. If you have a better word to use I will gladly edit the post.

"Addictions can include, but are not limited to..."

Whenever I said addiction, I meant it part figuratively and part literally. Most common addictions tend to be serious with severe symptoms, but music doesn't produce such cases. I don't remember exactly what you said before, but you did say that if you didn't listen to music for an hour or two that you would feel some sort of effect. It may not have as much of an impact as, say, alcohol, but it is a reaction nevertheless.

Yes, addictions can vary, and I think you'd be one of the more extreme cases involving music since I don't believe many people to have such effects when not listening to music.

Meh. The effects are minor. But still i'll look into it before I make a serious conclusion.

Edit: i have concluded i have a minor addiction to music. If you could even call it an addiction. The effects I feel are more of a sense of yearning for music. Thank you all for you input.