Good Bugs

NiziE

Question

(first of all im not really sure if im posting this on the right section)

(second, some might think of this as a rant but please give me a chance  :) )

(third, im not really sure if theres already a post about this. upon searching the forums i only saw a post about BAD Bugs and not Bugs that they would like to maintain / remain. If there was an early post I'm really sorry about this and kindly lock it afterwards)

Hi Guys, with the upcoming update rumors lurking around the corner (which would probably include skill bug fixes) I would just like to know /ask if there are some bugs that we players would not like to be changed?

This would be our chance to address to our GM our opinions on some skills that are bugged but are really helping us in a lot of situations and would not like to be fixed or change.

I have a few things that comes into mind and if u have some more then feel free to include / post them below:

OK so here goes:

1. Risk Taker bug - PA increase even if ur HP is not below 30%

Well this would probably be one of the most useful bugs we have right now (that benefits alot of fighters all over CL).

With this bug ur PA will increase without being in a near death situation (which is to risky if u ask me).

If GM will plan to fix this then alot of fighters will surely feel the effect of having a low PA than before.

2. Dual wield shield bug - being able to use shield skills even without shield equipped.

Ok im not pretty sure if this is considered a bug but still being able to use shield skills without wearing a shield is kinda ummm.

This is a pretty helpful bug (if it is) for our dual wielding friends.

Without this our SM/Magnus could not use Blunt shield while no more shield boomerang for our BT/TM (which would drastically reduce their repertoire of attacks, as if its not less enough).

Some people would say that the game acknowledges ur off-hand weapon as a shield (which is great and if possible could be left this way).

3. Same accessory effect

This refers to having a set effect while wearing same accessory (hator hator or gemini gemini are the most common combinations).

Again not pretty sure if this is a bug, but a very useful bug nonetheless.

This is because players are not forced to wear a sekhmet which would reduce ur vit by 20 just to have the set effect or will not push themselves on finding a very rare castor from LB.

4. Troopership Bug - Increase defense when party leader.

Well u dont need to be the party leader (or even in a party) to have the defense increase effect.

A good Bug since it basically becomes and always active skill that does not need any req at all.

Not to mention it increases ur def by 10% at max lvl.

This being fixed would reduce the tankiness of paladins (or any tanks in this regard).

5. Rune impact skill - physical skill that never miss.

First of all tooltip never says it is a never miss skill.

People says that its really a magical skill (since it never miss) but takes physical attack for damage calculation.

If this is a bug or not im again not pretty sure.

But im quite sure that this is very useful for those people who could not afford to buy 2 separate sets just to be competitive.

I am very aware that this bugs could cause disadvantages on other jobs but generally this helps a lot of players.

I am not pretty sure how fixing this would affect the overall gameplay but that's for our GM to decide.

Again this is only to speak out opinions that i find making this game enjoyable.

Thank you for reading and if there are some things u want to add then feel free to post.

To our GM/Admin thanks for hearing our opinions.

But still if u decide to change this or not is still up to you.

We will respect whatever decision u made.  :D

14 answers to this question

• Game Master

1. I think it should be reverted to the way it is supposed to work, having that much of a patk increase /all the time/ is kind of ridiculous. Not to mention Paladins aren't much good if they can be 1 shot by other fighters even if they have 8k pdef and 30k HP -cough cough- Reptopry -cough cough- <_<

2. I think the plan for dual wielding after the update is to make 1h attacks usable during dual wielding, kinda like it worked in Plus. Not positive on that, but I know Orange has some stuff planned for them, for sure. 

3. A little broken, this isn't so bad, but a lot of accessories are just useless right now because they aren't necessary for the effect. I don't know if they'd planned to change this, but I think it should be. 

4. This I'm maybe thinking should stay as is since nobody ever parties, they just solo and stuff. Supports and tanks aren't really necessary anymore, so the only time people party are for wars, when Troopership is really meant to be for tanks in parties and such.

5. Not really a bug, I believe that's how it worked on gPotato as well. If I'm wrong and it is a bug, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it staying as it is since human fighters have BC (even though it isn't ranged, it would be unfair to take away elves' stun and keep everyone else's).

• Upvote 1

No. 3,

gemini is also rare from LB not only castor xD but people most prefer the stats of gemini.

Normally people are after the philo of acce not the set effect, for me its okay that it will be set back to its original effect.

Yup gemini and castor are both from LB but castor are rarer than gemini.

Based on some other guides gemini at 0.59% while castor is at .10% only.

And for the stats, hmmm as far as i know gemini and castor has the same stats.

So how will other people prefer stat from gemini if they are just the same?  :mellow:

For set effect, gemini castor combo has a very useful set effect (eva +19 and a MA +5%), i guess this is the situation where people are also after the set effect and not just the philo.

I see I was mentioned in here... For the Risk Taker subject, yes it's a little broken, having a 44% increase permanently (level 8 from Destroyer) is a little much. In the Player versus Player tournament that took place for December, I was matched up against a Pure VIT, Mace using Paladin. I managed to hit 19k and 21k with my Burning Crash. I would say that block can just eliminate Risk Taker's boosts, but you aren't always fighting Paladins or High Physical Defense players. So if it was to be changed after the update, I can clearly see why.

• Upvote 2

Shield Attack Skills and All Shield Requirement Skill's "Logic" is on our "Shield Slot"

as long as we put something on Shield Slot, we can use Shield Attack Skill and another Shield Skill :)

even is Christmas Candy Right-Left too (but I never test it) XD

The only problem I could see with a balanced to fix skills like Risk Taker, if wars, people could have a character in the guild they're warring, and just hit themselves till they get the boost, and you spawn with little under 50%, so that's also a factor.

The definition of "good bugs" is relative. I think that bugs must be eliminated, even if they give you some advantage, because of the balance of the game. Imagine if the invincible skill did not wear off. This would crush the game

Of course, for balance purpose, the staff may keep an effect of modify some skill, but  I think it must be done not because we are used to rely on those "good bugs", but because this will increase the game experience for everyone.