About Foil Skill

DemonSlayerzKing

Question

I want to ask about foil skill... I already max the skills at lv 4 ... the problem is, I feel like foil don't have any effect on an enemy... I tried to foil my friend (archranger) in duel, for more than 10 times and she still manage to use skill on me... why is that??

foil can last for 9 sec... but... it's seems like only can last for 3sec... 

9sec inside game is different from real world time?

another question, at rules sections... player do not allowed to use foil before duel... why is that?? even without duel the foil skill still can hit the enemy? 

9 answers to this question

A lot of skills are bugged and will be fixed when the update comes out.

As for casting foil, I tested it on myself and even though it says it will prevent an enemy from using magic for 5 seconds (lvl 2 casting foil), it only lasted about a second on my mage. 9 seconds in-game is the same as 9 seconds in real life, the skill itself just seems to be bugged.

Casting Foil works more like a buff than a debuff. You can cast it on any person so long as you are locked on to them which is also another bug that will be fixed. However, casting foil doesn't seem to have an effect on me unless I'm actually dueling against my rune walker (testing it now, my RW does the motion for Foil but nothing happens). Even so, I would avoid using it on someone before a duel as that would be abusing a bug which is against the rules, even if the skill has no effect on that person.

• Upvote 1

A lot of skills are bugged and will be fixed when the update comes out.

As for casting foil, I tested it on myself and even though it says it will prevent an enemy from using magic for 5 seconds (lvl 2 casting foil), it only lasted about a second on my mage. 9 seconds in-game is the same as 9 seconds in real life, the skill itself just seems to be bugged.

Casting Foil works more like a buff than a debuff. You can cast it on any person so long as you are locked on to them which is also another bug that will be fixed. However, casting foil doesn't seem to have an effect on me unless I'm actually dueling against my rune walker (testing it now, my RW does the motion for Foil but nothing happens). Even so, I would avoid using it on someone before a duel as that would be abusing a bug which is against the rules, even if the skill has no effect on that person.

I just wasted my skill point to up foil then? zzzzzzzzz

No, you didnt waste it. Whenever you use the skill, think of it as a Canceler, instead of the main effect itself. Meaning, you cast this while your enemy is casting/targeting a spell on you, or on others. Timing is everything when it comes to this skill

No, you didnt waste it. Whenever you use the skill, think of it as a Canceler, instead of the main effect itself. Meaning, you cast this while your enemy is casting/targeting a spell on you, or on others. Timing is everything when it comes to this skill

oh meaning here, I need to use this skill BEFORE ENEMY FINISHED CASTING HIS SKILL so his skill will be cancled and take cool downs?

Well. Yes it can interrupt opponent when casting spell. But its give silent debuff too.

If its just to cancel casting. This skill just effective to cast to grandmaster. Almost mage duelist use fast cast skill (1.4 second) and you 99% can't interrupt it.

Dunno why but I think it works fine in silence like 5sec or what in the description

Casting foil is a good skill, it can silence your opponent (when the countdown hit Zero, use foil, your opponent can't cast any skill for first four second) :52:  If im not mistake, there is no rules said u can't do foil when PvP http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/forum-5/announcement-10-server-and-forum-rules/ i think maybe its unwritten Rules "Dont use casting foil for PvP" :32: . my AR Eva is Useless for PvP without foil, 99% i will lose the duel, you know why? because some fighter have non Miss Skill like Rune Impact for elf fighter, i tried to raise my eva around 400++ but RI still Hit meh :33: .

Yes, you need to cast this while your opponent is casting his/her spell. In duels, use foil at 0. well 0.5 count .5 seconds in your head then press it. 

Also, during guild wars, using this spell need precision, used on the right time and target. Good mages have less than 1s to cast an SOJ. It's all about tactics.

Welp, that escalated quickly. :> Have fun! 

Casting foil is a good skill, it can silence your opponent (when the countdown hit Zero, use foil, your opponent can't cast any skill for first four second) :52:  If im not mistake, there is no rules said u can't do foil when PvP http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/forum-5/announcement-10-server-and-forum-rules/ i think maybe its unwritten Rules "Dont use casting foil for PvP" :32: . my AR Eva is Useless for PvP without foil, 99% i will lose the duel, you know why? because some fighter have non Miss Skill like Rune Impact for elf fighter, i tried to raise my eva around 400++ but RI still Hit meh :33: .

I always heard this when dueling with other player... can not use stun, can not use silence, can not use freeze... and now can not foil???? what are the purpose of the skills then??? ... 

now I know, foil is important for a TM like me to fight non miss enemy, foil+shield boomerang+illusion atk :D

Yes, you need to cast this while your opponent is casting his/her spell. In duels, use foil at 0. well 0.5 count .5 seconds in your head then press it. 

Also, during guild wars, using this spell need precision, used on the right time and target. Good mages have less than 1s to cast an SOJ. It's all about tactics.

Welp, that escalated quickly. :> Have fun! 

yeah I need alot of training now haha still not master this foil skills :D