Top 3 Technical Issues

Orange

Okay, im going to feel silly, but I finally got my game to start properly, I can select a server, and I can get my log in windows to come up, but the moment I click the login button, it stops responding every time. I've tried for two days.

Im running on a Windows 8 system, my computer does meet the requirements, my log in information is correct, and AVG deactivated and with exceptions added. I don't know what to do, please help. I've tried every solution I've seen on the forums.

• Administrator

have you tried running it in compatibility mode? Right click LUNAClient.exe and select Options > Compatibility and select to run with win XP s3 pack.

• Administrator

I always assume people try reinstalling as their first go to solution so, did you try reinstalling?

PS: if you want a faster response from a staff member you can use our IRC

I've tried reinstalling it at least 5 times but I think I found my problem. The first time I installed it, AVG was on, and it kept it in the virus vault, so it tried to block it every time I tried to turn AVG on. I forgot to remove it from the AVG virus Vault. I'll see if that works.

Okay, im going to feel silly, but I finally got my game to start properly, I can select a server, and I can get my log in windows to come up, but the moment I click the login button, it stops responding every time.

This is a problem with Windows. Resulting from an incorrectly installed OS, It will also be affecting some other aspects of the windows operating system (unless you are a power user it is unlikely you would notice the errors)

I am having a problem while trying to play. When I click the client it wants to update, it wasn't doing this when I was playing yesterday.
I tried deleting the update file from the folder, add to fire/AV exception, re install, I tried letting the update run it's course but it just gets stuck at saving resources.
Please help.

Turn off your fire wall and antivirus you have and delete all the files in "Celestia Luna Online Alpha" folder except the "Screenshot" folder.

And try re install.

If I have the problem i do this and always work.

Problem number 3 caused by "unexpected monitor resolution changing".

some programs need to change monitor resolution even for a second.

you can test it by changing your monitor resolution, that error will be appear.

To prevent it you should

1. change your "User Account Control Setting" ( on windows 7 : control panel -> system and security ) to "Never Notify"

2. Make sure you didn't have any programs that will change your monitor resolution even for a second.

I have tries to access the game but honestly need a simple way of everything, No im not good with tech and i have worked really hard to get my character where shes at now. I download the client, it dowloads but the icon doesnt appear on my desktop or anything at all. I tried deleteing the celestiapatch folder and try to play, still nothing so i really need help Thanks.

I have tries to access the game but honestly need a simple way of everything, No im not good with tech and i have worked really hard to get my character where shes at now. I download the client, it dowloads but the icon doesnt appear on my desktop or anything at all. I tried deleteing the celestiapatch folder and try to play, still nothing so i really need help Thanks.

This is probably due to your antivirus, it detects cl as a false virus. Add exception cl folders to your antivirus and you should be fine

• Upvote 1

This is probably due to your antivirus, it detects cl as a false virus. Add exception cl folders to your antivirus and you should be fine

Thanks that helped but now my issue is that when I get to the advantage part it wont continue to the log in

• Administrator

Thanks that helped but now my issue is that when I get to the advantage part it wont continue to the log in

you said you did the celestiapatch fix but that is what happens with that bug.

Go to your Luna folder (eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Celestia Luna Online Alpha\) and find the file called exactly "celestiapatch" (not LUNAPatcher.exe DO NOT DELETE THAT) and delete it, then run LunaPatcher.exe

you said you did the celestiapatch fix but that is what happens with that bug.

Go to your Luna folder (eg C:\Program Files (x86)\Celestia Luna Online Alpha\) and find the file called exactly "celestiapatch" (not LUNAPatcher.exe DO NOT DELETE THAT) and delete it, then run LunaPatcher.exe

I did that already, and when i look back at the folder its there again, like i didnt even delete it in the first place, is it supposed to do that?

it is supposed to be there(celestiapatch file). the main reason u should delete its is to change old celestiapatch file with the new one. (CMIIW)

now its doing the same thing it did before is when i try to play it wont work and my antivirus wont pop up saying its blocked .-.

for problem no 1, if your patcher doesn't show start game button then click patcher as many as you can..

i have to have 3-5 patcher on if i want play the games.. usually 4 patcher doesn't show start game but the last one shows it 

it might solve your problem, just sharing from my experience :)

• Administrator

for problem no 1, if your patcher doesn't show start game button then click patcher as many as you can..

i have to have 3-5 patcher on if i want play the games.. usually 4 patcher doesn't show start game but the last one shows it 

it might solve your problem, just sharing from my experience :)

Did you actually add the exception to your antivirus just like the solution says?