[Hunting Guide] Austere Grand Master

Nanaka

The Austere Grand Master

This guide will attempt to help those looking to hunt down the Austere Grand Master. The Austere is a melee boss, with quite a few attack skills that you may need to watch out for depending on what part of the party you are. Let's just get a breakdown from the Old Droplist thread on the basics of the Austere.

Austere Grand Master; Health: 1646259 - Lv 123

Legend: The Lower Ends Of Goddess's Skirt, Sketch: Holy Iron Chain Knight's Plate Armor, Sekhmet’s Ring, Euryale’s Bow, Argentum, Stone of Life, HQ Mindstone

We can see right off the bat that this is going to be a hard fight. With 1.6 MILLION hit-points. Since we know what it drops and what level it is, let's look at the advanced mechanics of fighting an Austere. The Austere is the boss version of the Ghost Knight, which is level 120. Most boss monsters are 2 - 6 levels above the monster it is based on, for example the Wookiss is level 110, but the Bluebeard Captain is just level 104. Being level 123, the lowest level you can be to receive maximum experience is 5 levels below, so that would be level 118. Unfortunately, this boss is so powerful that a single level 118 (depending on if your class has good stuns and locks) will not, under any circumstances (MAYBE with edits) be able to solo an Austere. Most people look for a party to hunt the Austere within the level ranges of 125 - 133. The maximum level you can be for good exp and drop gain is 10 levels above the monster, so that would be level 133.

Some attacks I have experienced from the Austere are as follows:

- Bloody Sky, AoE, 1.5k-2.3k damage at 3.5k pdef, no status effects.

- Thunder Break, Single-Target, 600 - 1.2k damage at 3.5k pdef and 1.5k mdef, no status effects.

- Unnamed Skill (More like a rapid slash), 1.6k - 2.6k damage at 3.5k pdef, no status effects.

- Basic Attack, 1.3 - 2.3k damage at 3.5k pdef, no status effects.

A typical sized party for hunting the Austere is 4 - 5 people. Usually consisting of a Rune Master, a Cardinal, an Entrapper, a Paladin and a damage dealer (could be anything with high strike and pa/ma). The Rune Master buffs and heals, the Cardinal bombs the Austere with DoTs, slows, and binds, the Entrapper uses extortion to increase drop chance and uses DoTs, the Paladin tanks the damage from the Austere as much as possible (note even with 7 - 9k pdef he will still hit for around 700 - 1k damage, in this case a large HP pool is better than defense) the damage dealer (preferably a Grandmaster, Destroyer, or Magnus) stuns the target and unleashes powerful nukes to kill it off as fast as possible, note that high strike is a must.

Since the Austere is more of an evasion-type boss (for lack of a better term) you will need high strike if you are not a mage. Preferably 300+ strike, or if you can afford it, 320+. Evasion is pointless because the Austere has high strike anyways and will hit you even if your evasion is 400+, there is some point where he will start to miss but that threshold is not obtainable with only legit items, unless they are OP. 

I hope this guide on hunting the Austere was helpful for some people, if anyone finds a flaw in this guide please post it here and I will fix it ASAP. Have fun and happy hunting!

Want To Solo?

For Cardinal/Soul Arbiters:

Video courtesy of Jonah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y2ftDO8044&feature=youtu.be

i use cardinal with my combo and int type for better dmg

angel breath >>TU>>>soj>>>criple only it

angel breath it can raise TU dmg ,and if ur hp is low u can use it for sleep and take a rest  -_-

or you can add other attack skills but use angel breath first for better dmg

with 15000 magic attacks you can make ranged attacks 70-80k if critical with TU

that was my experience  :D

You should be able to solo austere just fine as long as you spam these skills when you are a soul arbiter :binding soul,angelic breath holy justice,soul spear,holy earthquake-->repeat ... With that combo routine austere will mostly be a dummy for you since he won't be able to get near you as long as you are spamming binding soul along with angelic breath.. When I was still playing I usually killed him within 5 minutes.. anyway good luck   ;)

i sold all my items it become rogue items. but i tell you the key to the success of soloing austere is the blizzard and sleep. 95% chance of stopping it while recovering from the damage i had. if I can remember my stats are just 10k+ ma and 5k + def..

PS warlock>SA or warlock>cardi can lock opponents.

adding:

i used to and still hunts austerre when im bored

Cardinal INT build: open with cripple. then spam TU, Holy Justice, SOJ, > sleep it until cripple CD is completed. repeat.

my matk is 13k and 3k pdeff, i put everything on INT lol. if ur willing to spend much on geras, u can get mch better stats than mine.

funny thing: all matk-based damage are fixed. not like physical damage which is fluctuative.

and nice idea to build boss hunting guide, plus 1 to this...

For Rune Knight > XXX / Magnus:

RI keeps him stun locked for a long, but easy kill.

Magnus can solo him if you don't mind taking your time.

For Entrapper:

entrap has 5-6 lock skills so you can solo him from skills are: Catch Poinding,Shield Boomer,Sudden raid,rage step,illusion/illutionAttck[from RW] and should to insert some skills there to  :).

For Destroyers

i think someone should add some Destro's combo  :P if its ok if i add some combo here  :)
Destro has 4-5 Lock skill kinda like Human Entrap skills are Burning Crash.Fearfull Blow,EarthQuake,Despair(idk if someone knows some other lock skills in Destro) thats all i know in Destro's skill
idkbif this combo will work but heres the combo:EarthWave(optainal)>Despair>SwordStorm>EarthQuake>WhirlWind>Burning Crash>Sonic Boom>Fearfull Blow
for SM i think SM Human dont have any stun or paralize Skill(except Blunt Shield) for SM Elf has Sleep Skill but SM Human has lvl 20 Body Check it immobilize the enemies idk about the combo of this two

For Grandmasters:

grand master with stats and equip full int/m.a

learn every active/passive skill that raise ur m.a

learn lighting stun - thunder break - chill breeze - bloodstream

how to kill austere

lighting stun - thunder break - chill breeze - bloodstream or lighting stun - chill breeze - bloodstream if u afraid getting hit by austere

Credits to the Old Droplist Thread. for info on the Austere.

Credits to AgeraR, Clise, Fortune, clouds27 and Rham for input in soloing.

• Upvote 6

It's a rare chance to get the bow anyways, but if you're lucky you can land the chance and grab that bow. I wish it was easier to get that L.Cape too, but we can't all go running around with E.Bows and L.Capes, can we?

You can solo it? What are your stats? Maybe I was wrong after all, I spent a while contemplating whether or not soloing it was possible. I took into account all the binds, stuns, sleeps, and etc that mages have. Apparently those skills work for and not against, so it may just be possible to solo it.

If you don't mind sending me your stats, please do, it would give valuable insight.

You can solo it? What are your stats? Maybe I was wrong after all, I spent a while contemplating whether or not soloing it was possible. I took into account all the binds, stuns, sleeps, and etc that mages have. Apparently those skills work for and not against, so it may just be possible to solo it.

If you don't mind sending me your stats, please do, it would give valuable insight.

i don't have it anymore sir.

I posted it long time ago on the character screenshots.too lazy to dig up xD.

i sold all my items it become rogue items. but i tell you the key to the success of soloing austere is the blizzard and sleep. 95% chance of stopping it while recovering from the damage i had. if I can remember my stats are just 10k+ ma and 5k + def..

PS warlock>SA or warlock>cardi can lock opponents.

imma copy my post on my guide :p

here

just want to share to everyone my own

guide on making a Soul arbiter.

A soul arbiter which can lock+good damage

why locker?

95%chance stun ->holy earthquake

80%chance stun ->lightning stun

95%chance freeze -> blizzard

95%chance sleep -> tranquilitiy

why holder?

max lvl Cripple (aoe Hold)

max lvl sleeping soul and binding soul (sleep and hold indiv)

why good damage?

Because they are matk based

and Soul arbiter has the highest magic crit rate of all.

--------------------

--------------------

*how can you lock?

Skill combo for locking in PVP/bosses(austere/fitw) : blizzard>holy earthquake>lightning stun>holy justice>blizzard/tranquility *repeat sequence*

SKill combo locking in PVE: blizzard>holy earthquake>meteor>blizzard/tranquility *repeat sequence*

• Upvote 1

entrap has 5-6 lock skills so you can solo him from skills are: Catch Poinding,Shield Boomer,Sudden raid,rage step,illusion/illutionAttck[from RW] and should to insert some skills there to :).

• Upvote 1

entrap has 5-6 lock skills so you can solo him from skills are: Catch Poinding,Shield Boomer,Sudden raid,rage step,illusion/illutionAttck[from RW] and should to insert some skills there to :).

yeah that is true, but i would limit to either shield boomerang or catch pounding since those stuns share the same animation ( stars above enemy's head) a combo i usually use is shield boomerang> rapid slashing > hunter bomb> rage step > hunter smoke / wind breaking > then repeat 

if you're fast enough and see that your 93% stun chance shield boom fails, u can use catch pounding or illusion atk to keep combo up

you also should put extortion when his health is really low since it takes awhile to kill him 

Added to OP, credited those that provided input.

EDIT: idk why the spoiler for Agera's post won't close, any moderator willing to fix that please do.

adding:

i used to and still hunts austerre when im bored

Cardinal INT build: open with cripple. then spam TU, Holy Justice, SOJ, > sleep it until cripple CD is completed. repeat.

my matk is 13k and 3k pdeff, i put everything on INT lol. if ur willing to spend much on geras, u can get mch better stats than mine.

funny thing: all matk-based damage are fixed. not like physical damage which is fluctuative.

and nice idea to build boss hunting guide, plus 1 to this...

i think someone should add some Destro's combo :P if its ok if i add some combo here :)

Destro has 4-5 Lock skill kinda like Human Entrap skills are Burning Crash.Fearfull Blow,EarthQuake,Despair(idk if someone knows some other lock skills in Destro) thats all i know in Destro's skill

idkbif this combo will work but heres the combo:EarthWave(optainal)>Despair>SwordStorm>EarthQuake>WhirlWind>Burning Crash>Sonic Boom>Fearfull Blow

for SM i think SM Human dont have any stun or paralize Skill(except Blunt Shield) for SM Elf has Sleep Skill but SM Human has lvl 20 Body Check it immobilize the enemies idk about the combo of this two

grand master with stats and equip full int/m.a

learn every active/passive skill that raise ur m.a

learn lighting stun - thunder break - chill breeze - bloodstream

how to kill austere

lighting stun - thunder break - chill breeze - bloodstream or lighting stun - chill breeze - bloodstream if u afraid getting hit by austere

You should be able to solo austere just fine as long as you spam these skills when you are a soul arbiter :binding soul,angelic breath holy justice,soul spear,holy earthquake-->repeat ... With that combo routine austere will mostly be a dummy for you since he won't be able to get near you as long as you are spamming binding soul along with angelic breath.. When I was still playing I usually killed him within 5 minutes.. anyway good luck  ;)

• Upvote 1

You should be able to solo austere just fine as long as you spam these skills when you are a soul arbiter :binding soul,angelic breath holy justice,soul spear,holy earthquake-->repeat ... With that combo routine austere will mostly be a dummy for you since he won't be able to get near you as long as you are spamming binding soul along with angelic breath.. When I was still playing I usually killed him within 5 minutes.. anyway good luck  ;)

Added