Celestia Luna Patch Being Very Slow Despite Having Fast Connection

Laurenz

Hey, so this is for my friends who don't have a Forum ID. The title says all about this topic. So we're wondering why the CL Patch is really really slow despite having 5+ mbps. And having done what the other guy who posted about this topic.

http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/topic/26224-celestia-luna-patch08-2-very-slow/?p=277319

Others, who live in the Philippines, tried moving to various internet cafes just to try to play the game, yet nothing happens.

Anti-virus is off, firewall is down.

Also, DL started from 338 kbp/s (With a 5mbps connection, isn't this pretty slow?) and then dropped to 0.

Edit: For the past 2 days, the patcher usually stops half way, then for the most recent ones they stop at 80%

• Game Master

Only thing I could think of creating this problem would be an antivirus or firewall blocking the files. Could be a messed up patcher though, if it was corrupted when they downloaded it, it wouldn't be able to patch correctly. Orange would know more about this than me, but you could try those solutions until she's available to help?

in 2014 a 5+mbps connection is considered slow ( average in any given area is around 10mbps and thats still considered slow), Anyway onto topic. If you have a friend who you trust ask them to send you a copy of the patch file over (insert IM program here) 

5mbps is considered fast in the Philippines.. But is there a reason why the speed drops to 0? And stops half way?

Edit: it seems that this problem's exclusive to the Philippines.. And to a certain internet provider, they(fellow Filipinos) claim to say that it can't be their internet connection, because while patching they can still surf the web smoothly.

im one of waytoosexy friend here in philippines that has a problem with the client... many of us is experiencing problems connecting to the server... once we choose the character and channel it takes severeal minutes before we can enter ingame... and after we enter the map... our character is only the one that is moving and other character is freeze.. and after several minutes a message box will appear and says "the connection to the server has been broken. Shutting down the game".... as waytoosexy has said, we can surf the web smoothly, we can browse in the internet with no lag, we can watch movie in youtube and other movies websites... thats why we conclude that its not our connection the problem is... in the past few days we can connect to the game smoothly without any lag or delay... this problem occur yesterday and upto now.. and according to my friends in facebook.. many of us is experiencing the same problem.. i hope this will be fixed soon so we can play again... thanks in advance for the help gm's :)

Now this guy is lucky enough to be able to log in still. Meanwhile, others are stuck in the patch phase. Could it be the patcher reacting to this certain internet provider? Or is it the patcher itself?

• Game Master

The servers are having issues, but I don't believe that would interfere with the patcher itself. Could be wrong, but usually connectivity issues only mess with logging in and everything after that.

Me too . Im a friend of wts . Also have the same problem .. Have a good internet speed . Yet , my patcher goes only up to 4kbps.

What i can suggest is try to check if the server . Can still handle the amount of users logging in and out .

And also try to.check if the server PC , have a normal maintenance check

• Game Master

I know, the lag is server side. Everyone's having connectivity issues because of that. But, like I said, not something the Admins can really fix. Latency issues are usually problems that they have to contact the host about (the peeps we rent the server from). 

• Founder

We'll be moving to a new provider in the coming days/week.

This decision is taking a lot longer than we had anticipated due to having difficulties finding a provider that will suit all our network/security/location requirements.

We did not want to leave our current provider as we have been with them since 2009, but their service has degraded greatly over the years and it's time to move on.

• Upvote 4

Great! Looking forward on having a smoother gameplay. Thanks!

Btw, me and my friend(who wasn't able to play because of the patch that just stops halfway) tried something, I shared my CL files, patcher bla bla something. Then, she went ahead and get the files, after that, she was able to play again. Thoughts about this?

• Game Master

If that's what caused it, she had some files that weren't downloaded or installed correctly, most likely. Antivirus/firewall blocking files, or problems with connectivity when downloading the game, either scenario would cause her to have problems with her files.

• Game Master

It has to be something like that, if changing the files fixed it, that means the problem was with her files. So unless the server lag messed up her files somehow, that's really the only explanation.

we had a lot of speculations already..i have already file a service ticket few days ago from our ISP..personally the head tech/engr. maybe called me regarding my report. He told me that our ISP (PLDT) has encountered a major problem internationally. The link between Philippines and Hong Kong suffered from a serious break down. I lost my internet connection for hours and then later in the evening it went back. Somehow they hace already fixed the problem. Then other apps using internet went smoothly again, so i tried to play CL, it went well in logging in but when i reached loading screen after character select, some times i got stuck..Black Screen..then i have to shut it forcibly. another thing is, when i successfully logged in my char, the worse thing i have encountered is, all the things around me is frozen..haha..no movements at all..even chatting with friends is unavailable..so, my opinion is..maybe the problem is in IN-Game situation. maybe there is lag in the server like we dealing before, then there is the immediate maintenance conducted by the ADmins. well these are just my opinion i may say. 

Maybe Mr. Waytoosexy is right..we need an emergency or scheduled maintenance again to fix this problem.

Thanks and more power!