Celestia Luna Patch Being Very Slow Despite Having Fast Connection

Laurenz

• Game Master

I already addressed that. It's not something you can just "fix". We know there has been latency issues lately, and as Brandon just said, it is because of the deterioration of server quality over the years. We plan to move to a new, better server that will hopefully be free of lag.

• Founder

The issue is not entirely on our end. You have confirmed your ISP had major routing issues which could very well be causing some international routing issues.

You would have the same issue no matter where the server was located if your ISP is having international routing issues.

That being said, we will be moving to a new provider which should provide a very nice latency decrease to players in Asia.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We'll be moving to a new provider in the coming days/week.

This decision is taking a lot longer than we had anticipated due to having difficulties finding a provider that will suit all our network/security/location requirements.

We did not want to leave our current provider as we have been with them since 2009, but their service has degraded greatly over the years and it's time to move on.

Sorry for necro-ing or something like that, not to be rude, but how long is this "coming days/week"

Also, every single day, at the peak of the server, when it's night time at Asia, it always always always lags. Can we just have like a peaceful server reset, and or then fix whatever has to be fixed.

• Game Master

The problem with that is there's nothing to "fix" lol. Getting a new provider doesn't require to fix/change anything, just takes time to switch from one provider to another. I'm sure he'll let everyone know when it's happening.

• Founder

Oh, okay. I'll just wait for an answer for how long would the "coming days/week" be.

This is not something easy to answer.

Choosing a provider you plan on building a long term business relationship with takes time and research.

I am not taking this decision lightly, I want our new provider to be the home of CL for many years to come and provide great latency worldwide while remaining very secure.

This being said, we've been through many candidates over the past week or so, and have finally found one that seems to suit our needs.

I apologize if this means you have to suffer through some lag during peak hours, but it's for the greater good of Celestia Luna Online and will be resolved fully once we move to the new provider.

best way to solve this problem is that admins should just update the celestia luna installer we can download from the site, I know its no use for the old players(maybe there is, if they formatted they're PC), but to attract new players to the server, they can just update the installer so that we don't have to patch this client, we know its a pain in the ass for the admins to do it. But you can't do less than this to have our respect and play the server.

Honestly, I've been to other server since I can't patch this thing out, but I am still willing to try. Up until now I still have this problem all the time, I played the other server but still trying to patch Celestia(you should now know that Celestia is still my choice). But if your not going to take any action, then we can do nothing about it.

For now, I'll be waiting for this "move to other provider" thing. I might experience difference in patching. I am so dedicated to the first server I chose.

• 2 weeks later...

GM Please Fix The Slow Patcher..

I Can't Play On Your Server..

Or Can Someone Mirror The Whole Folder Of Your Celestia Luna..

So That We Can Download The Whole Folder..

I Want To Back To This Game Althought I Can't Remember My Username And Pass..

So Please Fix This Issue Game Master..

Thank You So Much..

GM Please Fix The Slow Patcher..

I Can't Play On Your Server..

Or Can Someone Mirror The Whole Folder Of Your Celestia Luna..

So That We Can Download The Whole Folder..

I Want To Back To This Game Althought I Can't Remember My Username And Pass..

So Please Fix This Issue Game Master..

Thank You So Much..

I think I can do that for you. Well if it's legal to have my CL Folder shared to everyone else. I would be more than glad to help you with that

Problem Solve.. Just Delete The celetialunapatch.. And Open CelestiaLuna.. Then If The Patcher Is Slower Just Close.. And Try Again.. And Open Again CelestiaLuna Main.. And If Slow Again Just Close.. Just Repeat.. And If The celestialunapatch Is Back Just Delete Again And Do It To Patch It Again Just Close. Patch. Close. Patch Until You DL Patcher.. I Do That And I Can Play Now..

But I'm Waiting For GM Orange To Action With My All Lost Account Because I'm Not Playing For 6Years Hahaha..

Help Me GM Orange Thanks..