To Liven Up The Server Again

zwei

Hi this is just nobody passing by and giving a suggestion for Celestia.

Straight to the point Celestia Start A Server Reset.

Reasons: 

_People don't care anymore about others its more of a business game now (opinion)

_It reached the point of same everyday occurences of boring op price market shout box, no more lively/friendly, bashing/teasing, and party/guild looking shout box. (experience)

_Slacking, since there's not much to motivate player to go grind and hunt with just yourself and fight emotionless monsters that spit out the same sentence again and again. (some knows this)

_Newbies got to quit at the very early stage of the game, yes its cute and cool grapic game with easy and simple mechanics to easily catch the players interest. But that's that, we all eventually seek for people in-game and to hopefully join the community and find poeple to share the game with but there's the item community again. (not much interaction in-game already).

_Forums pretty much dead with not much to talk about and with the dying community that even make people lose the heart to even try to speak. (Celestia need a change of pace)

As will always be commented server reset is really stupid and unfair. But think of the coming months in Celestia will you be able to bare playing it like that. It may be tricky and big hassle to do so but just consider and maybe think about it. Maybe worried about people disagreeing, please start a poll or something if this ever get into account. Or decide into what to keep in-game that may not make a big loss or any variation into what to do in the server.

I was a previous Celestia player and made a bunch of characters and lost it all, but I was glad to start from the bottom once again when I decided to come back and play again last month. And this was my experience of the game but I didnèt let it get to me at first, but then eventually notice things after the other that it was much more different from before. This was what shocked me, went to nera channel 3 and met this crowd of merchant selling items. You will get  really hard time in progressing in-game with that redundant crowd of merchant selling items. Just a suggestion (I'm moving) and just wanted to do something before leaving CL.I feel sad as a previous member although not much as pro addict in game or an active forumer.

• Upvote 2

Reasons: 

_People don't care anymore about others its more of a business game now (opinion)

_It reached the point of same everyday occurences of boring op price market shout box, no more lively/friendly, bashing/teasing, and party/guild looking shout box. (experience)

_Slacking, since there's not much to motivate player to go grind and hunt with just yourself and fight emotionless monsters that spit out the same sentence again and again. (some knows this)

_Newbies got to quit at the very early stage of the game, yes its cute and cool grapic game with easy and simple mechanics to easily catch the players interest. But that's that, we all eventually seek for people in-game and to hopefully join the community and find poeple to share the game with but there's the item community again. (not much interaction in-game already).

_Forums pretty much dead with not much to talk about and with the dying community that even make people lose the heart to even try to speak. (Celestia need a change of pace)

As will always be commented server reset is really stupid and unfair. But think of the coming months in Celestia will you be able to bare playing it like that. It may be tricky and big hassle to do so but just consider and maybe think about it. Maybe worried about people disagreeing, please start a poll or something if this ever get into account. Or decide into what to keep in-game that may not make a big loss or any variation into what to do in the server.

I was a previous Celestia player and made a bunch of characters and lost it all, but I was glad to start from the bottom once again when I decided to come back and play again last month. And this was my experience of the game but I didnèt let it get to me at first, but then eventually notice things after the other that it was much more different from before. This was what shocked me, went to nera channel 3 and met this crowd of merchant selling items. You will get  really hard time in progressing in-game with that redundant crowd of merchant selling items. Just a suggestion (I'm moving) and just wanted to do something before leaving CL.I feel sad as a previous member although not much as pro addict in game or an active forumer.

So so so so so so many people want a sever wipe. and 10x more people want to keep the stuff the spent hundreds of hours obtaining. So I am willing to bet my soul that it wont happen anytime soon, possibly ever.  People want a gold wipe, that make people leave, people want an edit wipe, that would defiantly not happen. I understand where your coming from. I've played Celestia for the past 2-3 years and I have never obtained the "rich" status. I am just now getting around to PDing for all my items that I will need. Sorry to say but I'm willing to bet it wont ever happen.

• Upvote 1

i think 80% of currently active ppls will leave the game if server wipe does happen..

to be honest, i am already bored with the game. 

spending my login time only for afk or be bullied at PVP (and those things u mention in ur post)

the only thing that keeps me sticking around is the possibility of the update

not sure how long will it take, but i'll try to stay until im mega bored and decide to call quit..

Reasons: 

i've seen this way to write somewhere, tudo esto porque?   ^_^

i think 80% of currently active ppls will leave the game if server wipe does happen..

to be honest, i am already bored with the game. 

dis.

what killed the game wasn't the greedy people, nor the players, nor the PD , It was the lack of attention CL had for a moment (staff wise) and it was the admins trading/selling players items/stat editing leading to creation of not one or two but a whole group of players thinking that they are gods in the server , their ego generated a game based in war and whose the strongest editer.

CL wouldn't live without the money of editing? you would be surprised how many players do normal donation daily, n normal PD items wouldn't harm anyone, but some1 had to get greedy

#Just giving my opinion

• Upvote 2

Everyone who's been here long enough should've noticed all that. I'm bored as hell too, all my friends been trying out some other games, I did 1 or 2, I tried to leave, but what can I say I kept looking and wanting for it when I'm away so no can't quit, bored as hell I love this game, I'll quit only when they've decided to shut it down.

Edit: to liven it up, is all on u. What I did is make new char every now and then, makes me happy doing it even over and over, and recently after couple of years playing i made my own guild wkwkw fun for me this is my vacation my outlet from all the hassle of the outside world

I was bored in this server too and decided to quit for a while. I might come back when the new update is out ( it's been 3 years though or it could even take 5 more years.). I bet a lot of players will quit if that were to happen just like what everyone said in the previous posts. If you are bored then try to make more characters,alt etc. It could be enough to resist your boredom. Well, about PD stuffs it is what makes the game alive. Players donate to get stronger items and the staffs do it because they got paid. Those money that they get from editing stuffs is what makes the server alive and kicking. Without it the server could die in an instant. I hope you'll last for a bit and continue playing. Good luck anyway :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

better stop hoping for an update Celestia luna since issued a notification about the update Celestia luna was just a nonsense expect the player-player long back ... you can check yourself Celestia luna sum game in which increasingly reduced why??? because player old are getting bored with features like this only

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i've seen this way to write somewhere, tudo esto porque?   ^_^

dis.

what killed the game wasn't the greedy people, nor the players, nor the PD , It was the lack of attention CL had for a moment (staff wise) and it was the admins trading/selling players items/stat editing leading to creation of not one or two but a whole group of players thinking that they are gods in the server , their ego generated a game based in war and whose the strongest editer.

CL wouldn't live without the money of editing? you would be surprised how many players do normal donation daily, n normal PD items wouldn't harm anyone, but some1 had to get greedy

#Just giving my opinion

I was bored in this server too and decided to quit for a while. I might come back when the new update is out ( it's been 3 years though or it could even take 5 more years.). I bet a lot of players will quit if that were to happen just like what everyone said in the previous posts. If you are bored then try to make more characters,alt etc. It could be enough to resist your boredom. Well, about PD stuffs it is what makes the game alive. Players donate to get stronger items and the staffs do it because they got paid. Those money that they get from editing stuffs is what makes the server alive and kicking. Without it the server could die in an instant. I hope you'll last for a bit and continue playing. Good luck anyway :)

#myopinion

agree to both your opinions except for EDIT which makes the game lose balance .. 

well for me i would  BREAK THE META to reduce my boredom .. like have you guys ever tried to make 2 hand mace destroyer, dual wield mace magnus? just think of the result and you will be able to earn something that resist your boredom..

• Game Master

Lol no. Brandon doesn't need the money from PDing. It has helped, and it will help when we get an upgrade, but it is far from necessary. They continue to do it because it would be unfair to stop when many players have edits, and they won't remove the existing edits because players spent a lot of their money on them.

• Upvote 1

#myopinion

agree to both your opinions except for EDIT which makes the game lose balance .. 

well for me i would  BREAK THE META to reduce my boredom .. like have you guys ever tried to make 2 hand mace destroyer, dual wield mace magnus? just think of the result and you will be able to earn something that resist your boredom..

talking bout breaking meta, i managed to raise a human paladin, a 2 hand crusader, dual wielder INT magnus, 2 hand mace destro, 

pretty much the non usual paths...

now my 3 accounts are full of 105s..

yah' all right guys..just give them sometime..soon enough they will find ways to keep the fire burning in-game!..every MMORPG has its not-so-lively and boring times..players do come and go..we cannot do anything about that..if we want to make this server as lively as before and to attract players and members..don't leave or quit yet..maybe old players will rejoin us again...and somehow they are expecting that we are still here..enjoying the game!..

MORE POWER to us Players!..

There's only 1 thing that's permanent, change. Don't expect things would and will be like the same as before wherein pukes was the trading measure, or back then when it was only 200m. The server doesn't have to reset, it depends on the way how you look at things. You've raised your expectations too much, but there's no problem with that. Also, there's still this looking for party, guilds in the shout box, and chat there instead, English speakers usually do this, sometimes it's annoying, but it's funny as it goes on.

End of the day. We come back to talk to our friends, whom we consider as family already. We have our own ways of enjoying Luna, such as making HQ for others, crafting gears(and watch you'll get wis), hunting austere down, and get nothing.

Just because some people may have edited items, they can't enjoy the game like that. They have their own ways.

Fun, depends on how you take on things.

talking bout breaking meta, i managed to raise a human paladin, a 2 hand crusader, dual wielder INT magnus, 2 hand mace destro, 

pretty much the non usual paths...

now my 3 accounts are full of 105s..

yeah and the thrill when you going to break the meta is irresistible ..

currently im trying to make mace+shield destroyer .....  :P

yah' all right guys..just give them sometime..soon enough they will find ways to keep the fire burning in-game!..every MMORPG has its not-so-lively and boring times..players do come and go..we cannot do anything about that..if we want to make this server as lively as before and to attract players and members..don't leave or quit yet..maybe old players will rejoin us again...and somehow they are expecting that we are still here..enjoying the game!..

MORE POWER to us Players!..

This.

Things change, people change. People obviously get bored, it happens with every game, but they're not obligated to stay. OP claims that a server reset would "liven up the server again", but think about it, a reset would chase players away... Especially those who spent a lot of their time here. The server would die, not 'liven up'.

Celestia Luna is moving at its own pace, if you don't like it, or you're bored, there are many other things you can do.

/opinion

• Upvote 1

I do not think a server reset would happen or be fair. I do agree that there should be an update fairly soon to implement some new ideas. As seraphyre says "Brandon doesn't need the money from PDing" Why doesn't he use this to hire someone to update the server with new things once every other month? I really only think this server could use more updates more often.

Do what I did.

Shake things up yourself!

Start events, make friends, make noise!, be loud!, talk with your local GM, let them know when you are playing, start playing with them!, Create a guild, Bloat about your guild!, Tell everyone "I am the best!", most importantly remember Celestia Luna is for fun, so Don't forget to have fun. Doing all of this, will make the game interesting again. Pick a fight, and don't be afraid to threaten the biggest dog in the yard either. A little drama makes an interesting T.V show.

Learn to take criticism, try to stay away from people you don't like.

If the car is not going fast enough, you push on the gas pedal right?

It's a game, play the game.

OT: The server is never going to wipe again.

Celestia Luna is creating a second complete new server without PD edits, this new server will have regular EXP / Drop Rates. Try playing there when/if its released. That is similar to if the server got wiped.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Game Master

I do not think a server reset would happen or be fair. I do agree that there should be an update fairly soon to implement some new ideas. As seraphyre says "Brandon doesn't need the money from PDing" Why doesn't he use this to hire someone to update the server with new things once every other month? I really only think this server could use more updates more often.

Him and Orange are working on the update. They don't want someone else doing their work. They know what they want for the server, and looking at how much success CL's had, having them two being the ones to work on this is the best thing for the server. It may not be a bunch of little updates, but when they release it, everyone's going to be in for a nice surprise. They have big things planned.

• Upvote 1

Him and Orange are working on the update. They don't want someone else doing their work. They know what they want for the server, and looking at how much success CL's had, having them two being the ones to work on this is the best thing for the server. It may not be a bunch of little updates, but when they release it, everyone's going to be in for a nice surprise. They have big things planned.

Is there every a day planed for the server update? Looking at random topics they have replied on in the forums I can never tell how close an update is to happening. 

Is there every a day planed for the server update? Looking at random topics they have replied on in the forums I can never tell how close an update is to happening. 

http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/forum/5-server-news/

That's where you will find any updates if any are made.

We are not told the date of an update, or more importantly the major update.

• 5 months later...