[Dd] Aggro Limits

Nanaka

I didn't find anything relevant to this suggestion posted already so I'll write it myself.

Okay so I've been leveling my rogue and I must say it is REALLY annoying in 81-100 DD when only 4 monsters will aggro on you at once. I suggest this be removed but only in DD, not outside in other maps. This way all classes can have the same experience, and not fighters having it easier because of their attract circle which rogues and mages don't have. For rogues it's the worst because the only AoE's they have are targeted ones, unlike some mage classes and most fighter classes.

Thanks and I hope this goes into consideration.

• Administrator

it works perfectly fine when you are dding with a partner, which is what you are supposed to do, when both are standing in the middle the whole round of monsters is agro'd so I don't see a problem.

And attract circle is given to tank classes for obvious reasons, mages have untargetted aoes as well so I don't understand where you were going with that

it works perfectly fine when you are dding with a partner, which is what you are supposed to do, when both are standing in the middle the whole round of monsters is agro'd so I don't see a problem.

And attract circle is given to tank classes for obvious reasons, mages have untargetted aoes as well so I don't understand where you were going with that

Meh sorry I didn't think of the Fire Blast. I'll edit that.

DDing with a partner after level 130 gets really unnecessary since there isn't enough exp to go around, even at level 120 you barely get exp, that's why people solo DD a lot at that level. And with the aggros and the exp scroll (which is only 1 hour, my destro makes all 10 DDs with only 10 minutes left, imagine a rogue), and the time pressure is insane. The aggro isn't helping at all at that point anymore.

• Administrator

well you are actually doing a 20-30 levels lower dungeon that is not meant for your level >_> so your suggestion won't be necessary when there are maps to level in at that level

well you are actually doing a 20-30 levels lower dungeon that is not meant for your level >_> so your suggestion won't be necessary when there are maps to level in at that level

True... but unless those monsters level us up considerably faster than DD (which should be around .3-.5%) OR if we get a level 121-140/150 dungeon i think this will still be an issue. Since my rogue is level 95 and it takes a long time to finish Damp Cavern since the mobs don't aggro more than 4, which really is a nuisance. In all honesty I don't see your argument here because even at level 80-90 it is still a pain to level in the dungeons (especially Damp Cavern) because of the absurdly small aggro amount. Its just like the DDs for 61-80, if you were to go to Howling Caves and mob Blue Eyebats you would only get 6, but in the DD you can top 20 or 25 in Damp Cavern if you wait for all the spawns. A counter argument could be "oh just don't DD at all and train instead" but I can tell you now if thats how people leveled from 80-105 we'd have a lot less players and a lot less longterm interest in the game since DD is too annoying to use as a viable leveling method just because of the aggro limit. If I may say so myself I don't see a problem in removing the limit either. C:

Not to mention the update will take an extremely long time to come to fruition since only you and Brandon are working on it. Sorry if this post comes across rude, I really didn't intend for that. I just didn't see another way to voice my opinion.

Edited by Zohor
  • Upvote 2

you can finish damp cavern than the other dd maps if you know the technique. btw, out of the topic question is there any confirmation of 101-120 dd???

it will be cool if they will be like the 61-80 aggro type. xD

you can finish damp cavern than the other dd maps if you know the technique. btw, out of the topic question is there any confirmation of 101-120 dd???

it will be cool if they will be like the 61-80 aggro type. xD

Yeah I only would like to see the 61-80 aggro type, not the one it currently is.