One Of Blade Taker Skill Damage Output Is Weirdly Small

eryannda

Question

i have something to ask, my BT took 1 level of back break but its damage output is weirdly small @_@

is it bugged, or what?
here's the comparison:

(it's all crit, i tried this on frost master nera harbor)

normal hit 2.6-3.1k
shield boomerang (Lv1) around 10k (256 damage in game skill tooltip)
rage step (Lv1) around 6k (108 damage in game skill tooltip)
back break (Lv1) 1.8-2k (twice=3.6-4k[?] it seems damaging twice to me) (no damage description in game skill tooltip - 800 damage description in luna skill calculator Orz)

despite the fact that back break has 800 damage description (in luna skill calculator, tho), why it only produces such weak damage output?? i really felt stupid for wasting 11 SP on such skill here *sob*

i know that we shouldn't really on luna skill calculator that much (i've read this some where, about its being only suitable for luna beta or luna plus yet celestia is still luna alpha).. but WHY, just WHY T_T

if you guys need the screenshots, just tell me and i'll upload it.
thanks.
best regards, lovelyfresco

5 answers to this question

• Administrator

some skills are scaling damage points(or % points) some skills are static damage points, perforate and back break are both static damage points, making your damage output smaller

by static damage points do you mean DoT/DpS? that usually written under the colum [effect 1 - bleeding].
if so, yes they do the output damage just like what the skill stated precisely, xxx damage per second..
but then why backbreak produces 3.6-4k damage? why it doeasn't produce exactly 800 damage just like the skill stated in the description of luna skill calculator??

i'm still confused here, sir @_@
would you kindly to explain this further to me? i'm dying to know~

maybe the exact definition of scaling damage points and static damage points~

thank you
best regards, lovelyfresco

static damage seems like"no bug, it does well" but with low damage because no matter how many ur p.a. it just deal staticdamage. if you add the lvl of skill. the dmg will increase "a bit". all people just say "its bugged" because the skill dmg cant make us 'happy'.

• Administrator

bleed and dots are static damage, no matter your patk/matk, but that is a buff/debuff effect, for direct damage static damage points do scale with your patk, but scaling points or % points do a damage % based on your physical damage.. here simpler:

direct attack skill

"static damage": the 800 points get either multiplied by all your buffs and pots or by 0.x of your physical damage points? something like that

%/scaling damage does the damage based on your patk, I'd have to test this but my best guess is that it's X% of your physical attack, like if the skill says it's "163 damage" then it's 163% of your physical attack, but like I said this has to be tested